Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The point was to make defensive stats less mandatory, so they nerfed them while nerfing all damage in inferno by 25%.
    But what about with monster power? It seems like my wiz will be a lot less viable if I want to raise my monster power, which I will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    But what about with monster power? It seems like my wiz will be a lot less viable if I want to raise my monster power, which I will.
    Yup. There's a chart somewhere in this thread that shows all the stat scalings based on what act and what Monster Power you're using. Don't feel too bad, I'm too bad to even do act 1 with Monster Power 1. Guess I can try with more defensive stats, but I don't think I'll even bother with the patch coming out.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. There's a chart somewhere in this thread that shows all the stat scalings based on what act and what Monster Power you're using. Don't feel too bad, I'm too bad to even do act 1 with Monster Power 1. Guess I can try with more defensive stats, but I don't think I'll even bother with the patch coming out.
    What's your damage at or what class do you play? I roll through act 1 as if it's nothing, so you shouldn't have too much trouble if you just invest a little gold. And a little gold means 1 mil or less. :P 30k~ damage and you're set in act 1 inferno, at least as a mage.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Point is to be able to do the same act you are doing right now without your defensive abilities. When you want to raise the Monster Power then if you use your defensive abilities you should be able to survive the first few levels of Monster Power. It's actually a buff to players.
    My defense is based on my gear and not any passives so basically if I decide to use a passive after the patch, it would seem like a huge nerf to monsters for me. So, each player will 'feel' a different change to the damage of the monsters depending on if his/her survivability was based on gear or passives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    What's your damage at or what class do you play? I roll through act 1 as if it's nothing, so you shouldn't have too much trouble if you just invest a little gold. And a little gold means 1 mil or less. :P 30k~ damage and you're set in act 1 inferno, at least as a mage.
    Already talked about it, but my monk has 30k pre-buffs. Already invested a ton of money into it.

Little worried about moving away from public games into MP solo, but other than that I'm excited. Meteor is getting a delay buff, but all anyone can talk about are the coefficient nerfs! Glass half empty....

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Little worried about moving away from public games into MP solo, but other than that I'm excited. Meteor is getting a delay buff, but all anyone can talk about are the coefficient nerfs! Glass half empty....
    Because the coefficient nerfs affects everything, LoH, APoC, CM procs and so on and simply affects the class negative in such a degree that it makes several builds not viable any more, all in the name of build diversity...hell they even admitted the solution isn't ideal and over nerfs the class yet they go through with it using vague promises of fixes down the road.

Last I read the discussions on it ET with WW rune was the most efficient CM generator which makes meteor as useful as Disintegrate or Ray of Frost, no matter what buffs it got.

Alls I know is I'm excited about 1.25 sec Meteors. I won't have DS and Teleport off CD as much as I used to, but I'll still have 35-40% crit and 19 APoC, so I'll just dump meteors all day, mebbe replace a defensive with Familiar.

Alls I know is I'm excited about 1.25 sec Meteors. I won't have DS and Teleport off CD as much as I used to, but I'll still have 35-40% crit and 19 APoC, so I'll just dump meteors all day, mebbe replace a defensive with Familiar.
    So what you are saying is that you didn't test it on the PTR then I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    So what you are saying is that you didn't test it on the PTR then I assume?
    No, not at all. What's your point? That I'll never know what .250 -> ~.100 could possibly be like until I've experienced it? Chale.

No, not at all. What's your point? That I'll never know what .250 -> ~.100 could possibly be like until I've experienced it? Chale.
    Well the numbers I read was 50%+ crit with as close to max APoC to make perma freeze builds work, I tried that build with my gear and didn't stand a chance at higher MP levels, while not ideal gear it's good enough to sleep walk through act 3 on live.

Basically it more than halves your CM and APoC procs, and getting half the APoC you are used to can be quite game changing, especially when everything else is affected as well such as LoH and resets of DS, FN and Teleport.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-10-16 at 10:12 PM.

You seem to know what you're talking about, whereas it looks like I don't!

I'll back out.

You say the move to MP games solo and I know we can't have MP in public games but does anyone know if we create our own game and invite a RL friend can we still have MP activated?

Not gonna be able to test myself for a few days

Edit: Don't worry I found it, You can join a multiplayer and assume the MP of the party leader. Sounds like this will awaken the chat channel with people trying to find groups that will just have someone set the power and invite others.
    Last edited by Spider Klein; 2012-10-17 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Klein View Post
    You say the move to MP games solo and I know we can't have MP in public games but does anyone know if we create our own game and invite a RL friend can we still have MP activated?

Not gonna be able to test myself for a few days

Edit: Don't worry I found it, You can join a multiplayer and assume the MP of the party leader. Sounds like this will awaken the chat channel with people trying to find groups that will just have someone set the power and invite others.
    Well cool, I'll have to poke around with that. I won't lie, the lack of integration of MP into public games annoyed me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changed the thread title to discuss 1.0.5

I found an oddity. Found this with Monster Power 1

Item level of 58 but requires level 60. Something's off here.

^ from my understanding that is because the item has the chance of rolling level 63 affixes (due to MP)

So even if you find a level 58 item it can't be equipped until 60 if it rolls an affix only meant for level 60+ items.

Just my take on it

I came up! I found 4 legendaries today in about 4 hours, including a pair of bracers that were better than what I had! A good day!

Deleted
    I came up! I found 4 legendaries today in about 4 hours, including a pair of bracers that were better than what I had! A good day!
    Wow, well done! I hope I get as lucky. Going to have a try now!

Well, I think it's time for me to get back into the game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Already talked about it, but my monk has 30k pre-buffs. Already invested a ton of money into it.
    How is that possible, I'm doing mp3 with some troubles on a few packs with that kind of dps, and some of my gear is absolutely terrible lol

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C...29/hero/215804