Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Level 80 mage solo Ulduar 10/13

Inspired by Bostik's 4/13 video, I spent a couple days "progressing" and have currently downed 10 bosses out of 13 - and that's not the limit. Everything is done by a level 80 mage (fire), including trash (nobody has been inside with me on this lockout).

Here's my progress:

Siege of Ulduar
    Flame Leviathan (normal)
    Ignis the Furnace Master
    Razorscale
    XT-002 Deconstructor (normal)

The Antechamber of Ulduar
    Assembly of Iron
    Kologarn
    Auriaya

The Keepers of Ulduar
    Freya (3 keepers)
    Hodir ("hardmode")
    Mimiron
    Thorim

The Descent into Madness
    General Vezax
    Yogg-Saron

Celestial Planetarium
    Algalon the Observer (video)

Last edited by d07RiV; 2012-11-02 at 11:36 AM.

I lost some of my T8 set and was thinking about going back in for replacements, hopefully this will be easy as a level 90 warlock.

With that said, any tips?

Most of this is fairly trivial at 90 so yeah, you should be fine.

You will never be able to solo Algalon, I think?

Is that real? Level 80 means full Heroic ICC gear or some Cata greens. Hes dropping 100k nukes. I never hit that hard at 80 even with 30% ICC buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Is that real? Level 80 means full Heroic ICC gear or some Cata greens. Hes dropping 100k nukes. I never hit that hard at 80 even with 30% ICC buff.
    With the new Mist of Pandaria gear you can get items around item level 400+ for level 80 making from some fairly crazy stat levels.

Deleted
    Stop clicking please.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Funny scaling with the lvl80 MoP items, heh.

Dat feel when a lvl80 Mage is critting higher than my lvl90 Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    With the new Mist of Pandaria gear you can get items around item level 400+ for level 80 making from some fairly crazy stat levels.
    Hmm so basically in BGs you would obviously just 1 shot everyone as no one would have even close to 100k health unless a tank? Time for a mage twink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool project, good luck on completing it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendeura View Post
    Algalon is a pure dps race. You have a bit under a minute to down him, and he has a substantial amount of HP. If you can down him before that, then you can solo him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Made a video of 10/14.

Stop clicking please.
    If you're referring to Bostik's video, that's not me, although I have to admit his backpedaling is hilarious)

There are several few 409 ilvl MoP blues that require level 80, plus cata blues and 4pc T10 for crazy set bonus. My biggest problem was having only 50k health and next to no armor.

Hmm so basically in BGs you would obviously just 1 shot everyone as no one would have even close to 100k health unless a tank? Time for a mage twink.
    There are quite a few level 80 twinks, actually. There's a video of level 80 prot paladin soloing Sha of Anger for over a minute, dealing 10 mil damage in the process (until he got MC'd).
    In BGs its very effective, unless you miss the moment a warrior pops spell reflect. Basically you run around spamming scorch/pyro, hitting ~40k every second or so with no cooldowns. There are 84 twinks, too, that have access to pretty much a full set of MoP blues.

He has approximately the same health as Hodir, but he doesn't stop to hit NPCs and cast stuff, and that was the only thing that allowed me to kill Hodir.

Cool project, good luck on completing it
    I hope so, at least I haven't given up on Thorim (too much mobs to deal with) and Yogg (if I get through phase 1 it shouldn't be much of a problem). Iron Council doesn't look promising at all, neither is Algalon.

10+ Year Old Account
    how do u solo thorim? since for me he despawned when i went in the tunnel =P

Do you need someone to run you through MoP 5 mans or something? I can only find a handful of MoP blue armor pieces for each proficiency that were only level 80.

Do you need someone to run you through MoP 5 mans or something? I can only find a handful of MoP blue armor pieces for each proficiency that were only level 80.
    You can't use gear from MoP 5 mans (I don't think you can even enter them at 80). All you can use are iLvl 409 blues that are all BoE and can be found on AH. For a mage, that is a staff, bracers/gloves, and two trinkets. Some of them have spirit, and the second trinket gives mana on use, but its still better than the alternatives.
    Actually, http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=...=3;crs=1;crv=0

how do u solo thorim? since for me he despawned when i went in the tunnel =P
    There is a way to bug it out that has been used by 85s to solo it. Incidentally it also activates the hardmode. This is the first kill by Mione I think: http://youtu.be/vLW_xQeTMwM

LOL
    I can't believe the proc rate of Hotstreaks xD
    I bet this feels so good.

And I'm sure Blizzard wouldn't just be sitting and doing nothing about it.
    Obviously they will fix it at some point, so you should try and complete your project ASAP =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Impressive video, spoiled by an incredibly shitty soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    LOL
    I can't believe the proc rate of Hotstreaks xD
    I bet this feels so good.

And I'm sure Blizzard wouldn't just be sitting and doing nothing about it.
    Obviously they will fix it at some point, so you should try and complete your project ASAP =P
    I imagine he had 100% crit. It was possible at 80 in ICC gear during 3.3.3
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    That´s just insane. Good job!
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    What other classes could do this do you think? Obviously Blood DKs and such with ease but anything else?