Deleted

Is there is something like lfd in this game

hey, so is there something like this, because i hate it in wow, in sw tor it is kinda better since it is server based plus, if you put a character on ignore, the game won't queue you with that person again.

So is the old days style, i mean having the need to find people or is it the new style ?

15+ Year Old Account
    You'll have to find people the old fashioned way.

But you can list yourself as LFG through the social (friends) panel, though how frequently people use that I don't know, since it seems most people forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    But you can list yourself as LFG through the social (friends) panel, though how frequently people use that I don't know, since it seems most people forget about it.
    Hardly anybody uses it. And frankly it's pretty terrible as a LFG tool.

Part of the problem with the current LFG tool [beside it being buried], is that it is a LFgroup tool. Not a LFdungeon tool. And really, you don't need a group for anything in GW2 except dungeons.

It's just badly designed currently. It literally looks like this: http://imgur.com/5AKFP

Just totally not useful.

Aye. I'm not sure why they just didn't use what they have in Guild Wars currently. And have that apply globally, seems like it would be the ideal solution really.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Aye. I'm not sure why they just didn't use what they have in Guild Wars currently. And have that apply globally, seems like it would be the ideal solution really.
    It definitely needs improvement, but really the dungeons need to be improved upon greatly first. You are really going out on a limb to just jump in any ole pug to run an explorer mode dungeon, and really there isn't any desire to run story atm imo. You can tell if you are in a bad group as soon as you make your first pull, and the wait for good synergy costs to much in repairs. GW2 is no different than any other game, you stick with what works best, and dungeons are not easy for the masses.

imo if we have an LFG tool like WoW, the game will have to take a serious hit and become easy enough for everyone to complete. I don't want that, do you? It's nice not dealing with the "gogogogogo" and "/kick lol you bad" people.

Deleted
    Thanks god, i hated it when it was introduced, i prefer to find people, the old fashion way

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    It definitely needs improvement, but really the dungeons need to be improved upon greatly first. You are really going out on a limb to just jump in any ole pug to run an explorer mode dungeon, and really there isn't any desire to run story atm imo. You can tell if you are in a bad group as soon as you make your first pull, and the wait for good synergy costs to much in repairs. GW2 is no different than any other game, you stick with what works best, and dungeons are not easy for the masses.

imo if we have an LFG tool like WoW, the game will have to take a serious hit and become easy enough for everyone to complete. I don't want that, do you? It's nice not dealing with the "gogogogogo" and "/kick lol you bad" people.
    I would prefer if they could add something like world chat, so you could ask people on it.

Hardly anybody uses it. And frankly it's pretty terrible as a LFG tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Part of the problem with the current LFG tool [beside it being buried], is that it is a LFgroup tool. Not a LFdungeon tool. And really, you don't need a group for anything in GW2 except dungeons.

It's just badly designed currently. It literally looks like this: http://imgur.com/5AKFP

Just totally not useful.
    Oh, I agree entirely, particularly with your last point, Doozer, as that's what I anticipated, coming from GW1. They have said they're working on a new/updated version, hopefully it's something along the lines of, they did this to get it out the door, with the other one in the pipeline.

Just totally not useful.
    I don't think LFG was ever meant to be LFD tool or designed for finding people for dungeons....

They did say they are looking into LFD options though.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

every single "tool" that replaces social interaction kills an MMORPG just a little more

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    every single "tool" that replaces social interaction kills an MMORPG just a little more
    A good tool would facilitate social interaction, because what exactly is interactive about checking friends list, guild list, then spamming chat for more? IMO, it's more interactive to get a group easily, and then interact inside the instance to get it done. It's only when both the tool and the instance are trivial and require no communication that social interaction is killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    You are really going out on a limb to just jump in any ole pug to run an explorer mode dungeon.
    Explorable modes were never designed to be run with pugs. The devs have stated these are for coordinated groups.
    It's not like you jump into first month HM raids with pugs. I think people hear the word "dungeon" and automatically think it's supposed to be like a WoW dungeon that you run on your lunch break, when really it's more like a 5 man raid.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    I don't think LFG was ever meant to be LFD tool or designed for finding people for dungeons....
    I don't think so either. Tis' why I made the note of LFG vis-a-vis LFD.

This thread is specifically about LFD, of course.

They did say they are looking into LFD options though.
    That's nice.

[I don't really like these automated group tools myself. But nice to have on occasion or for others, I suppose]
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-17 at 08:41 PM.

I don't think so either. Tis' why I made the note of LFG vis-a-vis LFD.
    I know I know , was merely elaborating what you said bit further.

[I don't really like these automated group tools myself. But nice to have on occasion or for others, I suppose]
    I read somewhere on the official forums its on their top priority lists - I am hoping they pull an 'Anet' and devise a much better tool than current mmo's have.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    How about a tool to FACILITATE social interaction? Guess what, with LFG tool I might or might not interact with strangers. Without LFG tool though, I simply will not do dungeons at all, which means even LESS interaction for me.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    A global LFG channel would be great (which you can enable and disable). It would be the same as now, but just not in /map. For example, if I want to do either TA, AC, or CoF, where do you search? In LA? In the zone of the dungeon?