Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Brawlers Guild to be broken by trolls?

So two new items came up in today's PTR build. Both for spectators of the Brawlers Guild.

One dazes the current player fighting, another buffs him.

Anyone else get that sinking feeling there's going to be more dazing bananas thrown than buffing roses?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    What?

So this brawlers guild is not somthing serious.

I was under the impression that Blizzard was giving us a way to do hard solo content without having to go into ICC or Ulduar.

this is just a failure to begin.....

we know 99% will be throwing the daze........

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    this is just a failure to begin.....

we know 99% will be throwing the daze........
    I see this as part of the game. Just make it more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    What?

So this brawlers guild is not somthing serious.

I was under the impression that Blizzard was giving us a way to do hard solo content without having to go into ICC or Ulduar.
    The "serious" hard solo content will be Proving Grounds which I imagine with be something like challenge mode dungeons with cosmetic rewards. Brawlers Guild seems to be more of a social thing for people to do for fun.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to throw bananas at the casuals and laugh at them and tell them how they suck at their class.

It's called diminishing returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    Can't wait to throw bananas at the casuals and laugh at them and tell them how they suck at their class.
    Perfect example of what the OP was talking about.

I think if it was done right it'd be a lot of fun without being a major frustration. Like: throw daze thang on targeted area which "activates" after 2 seconds (like hunter traps). Maximum of 10 daze thangs can be on the floor at a time.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    It's called diminishing returns.
    Dazes have literally never had diminishing returns. I'm not sure why they would now all of a sudden.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    sweet ill fire up autoit and have bananas thrown on people all day while im at work
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    sweet ill fire up autoit and have bananas thrown on people all day while im at work
    Then you'll be perma-banned shortly thereafter for using an automation program. The cycle of WoW life continues

They said proving grounds are still planned and being worked on alongside this.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Then you'll be perma-banned shortly thereafter for using an automation program. The cycle of WoW life continues
    Thats funny been using it since 2009, not banned yet
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

That just means you haven't been caught yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    That just means you haven't been caught yet.
    Well yes, stating the obvious at it's finest....

im sure as long as you dont try to do it on day 1, and maybe bring a couple guildies along to ensure roses, it wont be too much of a traumatic experience

Deleted
    and there we have it, the original douche of the day :/

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    and there we have it, the original douche of the day :/
    Na, atleast he admits it. I Rather have him tell the truth than the 200 that deny and do it anyways.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    Hahaha, it is seriously banana's? Bring on the Donkey Kong!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Me and TONS of other people have been using auto it to disenchant in mass and prospect/milling since forever, if you think any one is gonna get banned over this, I got a lot on the moon I'd like to sell ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine that a good degree of the competition in this in-game sport will be from the players ability to react to new situation from outside the arena rather than their ability to memorize and fully plan out a method of attacking the monsters. *That* is what breaks a game of skill, not the potential for the unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.