Page 18 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very relaxed, I like it. The rest of the album got posted also, but it was taken down before I could give them a listen :/. Apparently there's a bit more of a negative response in Korea to this though, as someone in Korea posted on Reddit "this song and mv is getting a lot of negative feedbacks. Especially w/ Min, she's getting a lot of criticism on portl sites (nate pann) for her less than impressive recovery when it comes to her weight and physical appearance."

While it's obviously not 100% confirmed and true, this is pretty sad to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by 2NE1 View Post
    New song from miss A!!! They got me hooked on K-pop back when Breathe was released. That was the first K-pop song I ever heard.
    I like it, I like it a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like it, but I think the lyrics doesn't really fit with the relaxted tone of the music. I'd love it if it were more like Be My Baby with Wonder Girls!

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 06:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    It's nice, but I prefer some of their previous hits. ('Touch' for example) Also, I wasn't very impressed with the rest of the album.
    It's still a catchy song though, and it's nice with something different than the usual electropop with a dubstep break.
    Touch and Goodbye Baby are actually the only two songs I really like from Miss A. I really dig Jia, but more often then not there's just something making their songs good, not great.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice, but I prefer some of their previous hits. ('Touch' for example) Also, I wasn't very impressed with the rest of the album.
    It's still a catchy song though, and it's nice with something different than the usual electropop with a dubstep break.
    I wasn't a big fan of touch, Over U from the same album was fantastic though.
    Love their new song too but haven't listened to the album yet.

Love Ailees new album and single, just great
    I was pretty surprised with her new song though at around 1:00, with her last single being a full ballad and the first minute of this one being along the same style it was surprising when she suddenly broke out into a more fast paced song.

Not sure if these were posted before, was a while ago they did this now but here's some WG unreleased English songs Meari linked me a bit ago
    Here is my favourite

Here's another

And they did a third called stay together but I'm not a fan of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it qualifies as kpop, but he sure as hell is korean! Anyone here listen to Outsider? One of my favorite rappers, which doesn't say much since I only really listen to around two

My favorite song with him, he's so goddamn fast.
    Last edited by BHD; 2012-10-18 at 11:43 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    By all means, do it!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Fans in Sydney saw Psy perform last night ..

He only performed Gangnam Style and then left.

Some fans paid $3000 AUD a ticket to see Psy .

Just shows that K-Pop is getting bigger

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/....html#comments

\o/ Perfume is my favourite J-pop band so you should definitely check them out. Capsule is okay, but far from as good as Perfume.
    I must say I (used to) like Perfume ; what I heard recently was sooo bad I couldn't make it through the entire tracks.

But that's not where I'm heading :

I felt the urgent need to say that Capsule has been a lot more creative in their way of making electronic music than Perfume did. And that's taking into account Perfume is incorporated in the Nakata Yasutaka's livestock, most of what they've been doing has been extremely influenced by Capsule's work. ..in a more.. mercantile way.
    Just take a look at MEG, Kyari Pamyu Pamyu, Suzuki Ami, Perfume.. they're all variations of the same Capsule baseline-DNA.

Deleted
    awesomeee

10+ Year Old Account
    My eyes kinda hurt after watching that MV, too many cuts too often D: Pretty catchy song, though. Reminds me of Yayaya! (No idea which came first)
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    You should listen to the full Absolute First album, it's really great! (Bo Beep came before yayaya, but the Korean version)
    I'll check that out
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I'll check that out
    One of the best Kpop albums ever released in my opinion. Nearly every song is strong enough to stand on it's own as a single.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    One of the best Kpop albums ever released in my opinion. Nearly every song is strong enough to stand on it's own as a single.
    Ooh, you've peaked my interest. Gotta listen to but I have way too many things to do first D: I can't listen to new music while doing something, I tend to tunnel-vision and then I pretty much block every sound around me >.< Your description of this album is pretty much how I'd describe f(x)'s latest mini album.

Beautiful Stranger in particular is so amazing.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Well, I started listening to this Absolute First album and so far the songs have been good. It's a lot different from what I listen, being that SNSD, Ayumi and a few other bands, but so far it's nice.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back during high school in the early 2000s, I'd listen to pretty much nothing but Kpop. FinKL, S.E.S, Baby VOX, BoA all the girl groups haha. Stopped following Kpop after most of those groups broke up. I think the most listened Kpop for me back then was As One, J, Drunken Tiger, BoA.

Shortly after that I started listening to Cantopop, which was OK, but only the songs from the more veteran singers were good. The strange thing about the Hong Kong entertainment circle is that every singer also acts and there are very very few people that are good at both. I don't think I can name anyone that just purely sings or acts and not both.

As far as Jpop, I think I discovered Utada Hikaru around the time that Final Distance came out because I wrote some essay for English class on the lyrics for Deep River. Pretty much been following her ever since, missed a chance to see her live at the Fillmore when she came to SF only because I thought it was a promo tour for This is the One, which I didn't really care for, but ended up being a mini concert of sorts with some of her Japanese songs as well. Wish I had gone to see that and that one day she'll come back from her "hiatus".

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I can see BoA's dancing is still as good as ever and looking as hot as ever

I believe Tiger JK married Tasha (another favorite) and they have a baby now. I remember him bringing their kid on stage in a clip somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg6VQksmlKY probably the best freestyle rap from a female I've heard (Tasha).
    Last edited by obake1; 2012-10-20 at 02:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a huge fan of BoA's music, but damn she's so talented.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't either at first, and then I heard Maybe.. Maybe Not!?

It's slow, yet it has such a happy beat!
    Quite good! Looking around at some of her other videos I see a lot of negativity towards SNSD in the comments. Makes me sad.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Everlasting is one of my personal favorites from BoA.