Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Is Bill Clinton about the worst friend ever?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ed_654893.html
    He also said:

In the last 32 months our economy has produced 5.3 million private sector jobs. That is twice as many as were produced in the seven years after the dot-com bubble burst and crashed under the Bush administration. Two to one. Now, if we're plainly moving back, why in the wide world would you junk a strategy that's working for one that you know won't work?
    If you always worry about right-wing bloggers (and Karl Rove, and the RNC) lifting individual bits of what you say out of context, you're going to be saying very little.
    Last edited by stumpy; 2012-10-18 at 11:39 PM.

538 aggregate polling and predictions are inching back up for Obama. His predicted odds of winning are about what they were in July-August.

DOMA was struck down by appealate court in NY. I believe a law like this would have to go through the Supreme Court before it's actually, legit shot down.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...iref=allsearch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    DOMA was struck down by appealate court in NY. I believe a law like this would have to go through the Supreme Court before it's actually, legit shot down.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...iref=allsearch

Probably. I never understood the angst some people have for allowing gay couples to marry.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Probably. I never understood the angst some people have for allowing gay couples to marry.
    If gays are allowed to marry then they will be happy. And they cant be happy. They need to be miserable like the rest of married folks. So therefore they need to remain unmarried.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    If gays are allowed to marry then they will be happy. And they cant be happy. They need to be miserable like the rest of married folks. So therefore they need to remain unmarried.
    Hot damn, I think you've finally found the answer! It's not hate at all! It's envy!

EDIT: Although you have to figure... once homosexuals (inevitably) get the right to marry as easily as straight people do, they'll have as many frivolous, ill-advised marriages as straight couples do and soon become as miserable as the rest.

Don't you see? We're forcing them to wade through a mountain of shit for their own good!
    Last edited by stumpy; 2012-10-19 at 12:14 AM.

Paradox, baby. Paradox.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a friend (I use the term loosely, actually couldn't stand the guy some days) who is strongly against gay marriage, but didn't want to admit that it was for religious reasons. He told me that he wanted the definition of marriage to remain one man and one woman. So I asked him, "Wouldn't that be government imposing the will of the church?" to which he responded "No, that's just always been the definition of the word marriage! It has nothing to do with religion!"

Dude, I don't think Merriam Webster is going to lose sleep over this -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    webster's complete and unabridged paradoxical dictionary

I had a friend (I use the term loosely, actually couldn't stand the guy some days) who is strongly against gay marriage, but didn't want to admit that it was for religious reasons. He told me that he wanted the definition of marriage to remain one man and one woman. So I asked him, "Wouldn't that be government imposing the will of the church?" to which he responded "No, that's just always been the definition of the word marriage! It has nothing to do with religion!"

He wanted the church to define it but then said it had nothing to do with religion?

10+ Year Old Account
    He wanted the church to define it but then said it had nothing to do with religion?
    Its kind of sad to watch, really. He's an amazingly intelligent person, especially when it comes to anything related to numbers, and all around just a genius. Unfortunately, he was raised as a devout catholic, and his parents really drilled into him that every word of the bible is undeniable fact. So to me, he always seems torn between his intellect and his overzealous faith. I think it's really frustrating for him, which is why he tends to become angry when arguing about anything related to christianity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I was responding sarcastically to a person saying everyone is on koolaid, yet my post is an example of liberals. I'm sorry, I guess I should have said people who disagree with me are high, to live up to her standard.
    Pardon? I wasn't talking about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Pardon? I wasn't talking about you.
    Her standard, not yours. I was agreeing with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would think that, as an English major, I would be better at figuring this stuff out. Suppose I should work on that.

Random history lesson.

http://xkcd.com/1122/

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the 1996 entry. One streak that Munroe missed is that no Republican has won the presidency without Ohio.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's what the whole thing is a reaction to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally knew that.

>.>

What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its kind of sad to watch, really. He's an amazingly intelligent person, especially when it comes to anything related to numbers, and all around just a genius. Unfortunately, he was raised as a devout catholic, and his parents really drilled into him that every word of the bible is undeniable fact. So to me, he always seems torn between his intellect and his overzealous faith. I think it's really frustrating for him, which is why he tends to become angry when arguing about anything related to christianity.
    Cognitive dissonance is a bitch.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Random history lesson.

http://xkcd.com/1122/
    Relevant xkcd?
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon