Thread: Void Shift

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Druids- Symboisis.

Def has some dps gains in here.

Question: Does void shift work on "mind controlled" mobs or players? I guess the ability for priests to MC other players is gone now, though. But that'd be fun if MC was still possible, and you void shift an opponent with full hp who was about to kill you xD
    That's some "twist of fate" talent right there.

Perhaps it works now on mobs that are MC'able?

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    I consider Void Shift to be similar to Lay on Hands.
    <snip>
    The CD should be more like 2-3 minutes, though. 6 is way too much for something that isn't incredibly OP just nice to have here and there.
    Something doesn't add up in your logic... LoH has a 10 minute CD!

Personally, while I'd obviously like Void Shift to have a shorter CD, I feel 6 minutes is appropriate to its power.

Deleted
    [][] <--- tanks
    [=====] <-- wide-assed boss
    [+] <----- melee

(@_@) This is where I am (HPriest)
    [^] <--- ranged pewpewing, spread out

-------------------------------------

[] <--- tank
    [+] <----- melee

[] <--- OT takes an add

------------------------------------

[] <--- tank
    [+] <----- melee TAKING MASSIVE DAMAGE!

[] <--- OT WITH EXPLODING ADD! AAAAAH!

[P] <--- RANGED WITH BADASS DEBUFF, ALMOST DYING!

-----------------------------------

[] <--- tank
    [+] <----- melee at low health but stable with no crap

[] <--- OT trotting back 'home', add vanquished

(@_@) This is where I am (HPriest), frantically spamming heals on large groups where I can, not wasting globals
    [P] <--- GUY STILL DYING, FORCING LOW EFFICIENCY DIRECT HEALS ARGH! VOID SHIFT!

[][] <--- tanks
    [+] <----- melee now in good health, no risk

(@_@) This is where I am (HPriest), slowly healing up because I'm outside danger zone
    [P] <--- guy in good health, debuff fades / is cured

This type of shit happens all the time. I don't think void shift is useless.

EDIT: Obviously the CD makes it more of a tank thing. But still, I use it wherever and keep GS for when tanks are in danger. I mostly use VS for when burn phases cannot miss dps or we cannot keep up with tank damge.

Deleted
    Void Shift has saved me and the tank a couple of times, in some Heroic runs i have a tank in DPS gear tanking, sometimes the tank does get a bit to much damage and void shift saves the day. During Raids when my healing buddy goes oom and needs to focus on something else, or i need to regen a tiny bit of mana cuz of bad things happening (me died just after a mindbender on cd or no time to solace, fail barrier on feng making me oom) and just a few more ticks of mp5 gives me mana for Divine Hymn just before big damage i rather wait to get the mana and void shift (if tank get really low) so i have DH when needed.

I do have it macro'd with Desperate prayer and with a modifier to a Health Stone for my own safety (can happen if i need Desperate Prayer meself).

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Something doesn't add up in your logic... LoH has a 10 minute CD!

Personally, while I'd obviously like Void Shift to have a shorter CD, I feel 6 minutes is appropriate to its power.
    I understand where you're coming from, but LoH doesn't have drawbacks aside from forebearance. Void Shift means one of the two people will still be near death. It's the reason some people in this thread think it's useless. One person still will die if it's not done at an appropriate time. For PvP it's even worse, since they can just hard switch to the other person quickly in many cases. So a lower CD seems reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, but LoH doesn't have drawbacks aside from forebearance. Void Shift means one of the two people will still be near death. It's the reason some people in this thread think it's useless. One person still will die if it's not done at an appropriate time. For PvP it's even worse, since they can just hard switch to the other person quickly in many cases. So a lower CD seems reasonable to me.
    Can't speak to PvP. In PvE, however, "low health" is not always the same as "near death". Low health + incoming damage = near death, but most of the time, as a healer I'm not taking enough damage for a planned drop to 25% to be dangerous, particularly if Desperate Prayer is off CD too. This is obviously significantly more situational than LoH, but I'm finding plenty of situations where it's basically "LoH, then replace a few direct heals with Binding Heal for a little bit". Clearly if it had the same CD as LoH that would be wrong, but double the CD of Pain Suppression? Yeah, I'm finding this to be at least twice as powerful as PS.

Twice as powerful as PS seems a bit strong, but I agree that it is very powerful. 6 minutes is reasonable, but I really don't think it'd be far too OP at 3 minutes. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by almosthuman View Post
    Do you even play as a priest or you're just a fag doing theorycrafting? Sacrificing yourself is a bad mechanic.

Using that spell in pvp usually equals with a death in a couple of seconds at most.
    Using that spell in pve is extremely risky, not rewarding and has a very low chance to actually be needed/useful in raid fights.

[Infracted]
    im sure your tanks and healers would disagree, the raid is NOT about you, its a progression as a whole
    It's not the great who are strong...
    It's the strong who are great...

best thing in random bg's, just target a nearby party member (a rogue if you can) and steal their hp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Shift low tank + Desperate Prayer = Good
    It's also amazing for heroic Elegon when a tank or raid member is stunned due to the protector explosion, instantly breaks their stun (assuming you above 80% hp)

Quote Originally Posted by ssambakd View Post
    Question: Does void shift work on "mind controlled" mobs or players? I guess the ability for priests to MC other players is gone now, though. But that'd be fun if MC was still possible, and you void shift an opponent with full hp who was about to kill you xD
    That's some "twist of fate" talent right there.

Perhaps it works now on mobs that are MC'able?
    Afraid not. My comments in [ ] brackets.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

September 28
    * Void Shift can no longer be cast on Dominate Mind targets. [That is: other player's MC targets. You cannot void shift and MC at the same time]

October 12
    * Void Shift can now only work on other players. [Not working on friendly NPCs]

October 16
    * Void Shift can no longer be used on NPCs, including player pets. [No longer works on hunter pets or shadowfiend]
    Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]