Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

5.1 spoilers - Origins of the Demons

Interesting bit revealed during Patch 5.1 events involving the Black Harvest warlocks:

# Your kind far predates Sargeras's betrayal. What WERE you?
    # This knowledge is useless... what are you trying to achieve, Kanrethad?
    # STAY OUT OF THIS! The demon will answer, NOW!
    # What an odd demand. Not even my own kind care about our origins. Why should you?
    # If you do not care then there is no harm telling me.
    # ... before Sargeras freed us, we were the Titan's hounds. Forever enslaved to police the use of arcane.
    The Doomguard, the 'Ered'ruin,' were apparently a servitor race of the Titans, presumably created by them like every other servitor race they've used in the past. How many other demons were failed, outcast, or corrupted Titan races, I wonder? How much of Sargeras' job fighting demons was really him cleaning up the messes of his fellows?

Lots of other interesting tidbits on the front page right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm very interesting. Hoping for a legion/titan xpac soon.

I feel very proud to be a warlock right now. First time for everything right?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    With greenfire in addition? And lore? Hahah dam right!

That's pretty interesting, wouldn't be surprised if observers and possibly felhounds were the same.

---------- Post added 2012-10-20 at 07:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Doomguards rebelling against their Titan oppressors vs. Pandaren rebelling against their Mogu'shan opressors.

Seems the demons might not all be as evil as we assume they are.
    It seems for the most part they'll serve whoever can feed them magic or something, it just so happens that Sargeras and the Legion have a LOT of power from conquered worlds to spare.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

What a delicious and juicy and savory crispy bacon wrapped ball of lore.
    I love that Blizzard is developing the lore and world more using scenarios.

The stuff about Illidan's power source, I wonder if he used the vial of the Well of Eternity to create the source they're talking about.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Either that or the demon is lying. They aren't exactly known for their honesty.

Corrupted/altered creations are a theme in WoW though. Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes were originally Titan constructs, Dragons were altered by the Titans to suit their purpose, Satyr and Naga are altered Night Elves (who are altered Trolls). Wouldn't suprise me if Pandaren are altered Furblogs, back when Pandaria was part of Kalimdor.

But yeah, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Either that or the demon is lying. They aren't exactly known for their honesty.

Corrupted/altered creations are a theme in WoW though. Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes were originally Titan constructs, Dragons were altered by the Titans to suit their purpose, Satyr and Naga are altered Night Elves (who are altered Trolls). Wouldn't suprise me if Pandaren are altered Furblogs, back when Pandaria was part of Kalimdor.

But yeah, interesting.
    I'm pretty sure that in the "original" Pandaren lore, before it was re-written when were officially added to WoW, it was mentioned that they were related to furbolgs. And let's not forget the high elves who were also once night elves, the troggs who were earthen that took to Curse of Flesh badly, the Broken and Lost Ones who were once draenei... a lot of the races in Warcraft are connected somehow.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

We do know the Mogu created the Pandaren with their flesh magic to be farmers and slaves. We don't know if they used furbolg, but it's possible.

And I really doubt Blizzard really would go to the trouble for such a detailed and lore heavy bit of news just to have it be a lie. It's rare enough they even give us such lore heavy new content.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

True enough. It is only their side of the story though.

The Mogu confuse me a little. Are they actually living statues, or can they just turn to stone, or are they able to make golems that act exactly like fleshy Mogu?

And maybe Furblogs are feral Pandaren that degenerated after being cut off from Pandaria (or are twisted by the Well of Eternity).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    The Mogu confuse me a little. Are they actually living statues, or can they just turn to stone, or are they able to make golems that act exactly like fleshy Mogu?
    Living beings, that have the ability to add life (bind souls for example) to unliving things, like statues. The real mogu are flesh and blood, but all their quilen and statues have living souls inside, but were crafted from stone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we join the demons to fight the titans? One can dream.
    Aye mate

Warlock has always been one of the iconic classes of the Horde in my opinion, should always be proud!

would be interesting in a lore perspective if we can see there reasons for joining the legion in the 1st place,either free willingly for power or forced to because they were invaded,either way it might give them a plight and rare idea,freeing them from the legions grasp

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Warlock has always been one of the iconic classes of the Horde in my opinion, should always be proud!
    *Alliance here*
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

*Alliance here*
    I can understand your shame then, hiding in that bar in the park, pretending to be a mage. The horror!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, The Demons were created by Sargeras to "Dispel" any Corrupted races (Since the old gods were corrupting races). So..idk man..
    Howay the lads!

there is never a good side in a war,only murderers on both sides....

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Do we join the demons to fight the titans? One can dream.
    Would be interesting if there was a dual faction situation, where you have a group of Titanic emissaries and a group of Demonic seperatists who either vey to get mortal heroes to fight alongside them, or have struck some sort of truce to fight a greater threat. Much like the Scryers and Aldor, I suppose.

Might even be a case of being caught in between a war between the Legion and the Titans, with both sides being dangerous to us and thus we have to try and maintain some sort of balance. Much like in Darksiders, I suppose.

Oh, and Mogu are able to make golems with living souls? That makes sense.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    We do know the Mogu created the Pandaren with their flesh magic to be farmers and slaves. We don't know if they used furbolg, but it's possible.

And I really doubt Blizzard really would go to the trouble for such a detailed and lore heavy bit of news just to have it be a lie. It's rare enough they even give us such lore heavy new content.
    Not quite. We know that the Mogu created the Saurok and Grummles, the pandaren however seem to be a native race just like the Hozen with no flesh-crafting involved.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann