• I'd give it a go

22 20.75%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Dragon Sworn hero class idea

Dragonsworn

Class Mechanics:
    -The class will have 5 specs that represent each Dragon Aspect: Red, Blue, Bronze, Black and Green.

Weapon skills: polearms, one-handed swords, off hands

Armor restriction- mail with mainly intellect and spirit, but agility instead of spirit for bronze spec, and stamina for tank spec/ Hit values will also benefit the bronze and green spec more than usual, since they need it for a core part of their spells rotation to work.

Races:
    Green spec-Nelves/Tauren/Trolls/Worgen/Forsaken/Gnomes
    Red spec-Tauren/Worgen/Nelves/Belves/Dwarves/Draenei/Trolls
    Blue spec-Orcs/Trolls/Dwarves/Gnomes/Draenei/Belves/Goblins/Humans
    Black spec-Humans/Tauren/Worgen/Dwarves/Forsaken/Orcs/Goblins
    Bronze-Orcs/Belves/Draenei/Gnomes/Forsaken/Humans/Goblins/Nelves

Requirement:Have a druid, a shaman and a priest at lvl 50

Resource: Mana overall plus special resources for each spec.

+ Red: Healing spec, limited to 4 target healing, with no aoe; has high cost but very efficient and capable of recycling overheals. Uses fire based spells, both for healing and damaging. It has 4 Living Flames below the mana bar(secondary resource), which will be fueled by spending mana in damage and healing spells, and each flame will provide one target with renewed healing, or increased healing effectiveness or other special buffs, as long as it is fueled.

+ Black: Tanking spec, shrugs off damage by effectively reusing damage suffered into special abilities. Uses shadow and earth spells. Dark Hunger is the special resource for this spec. It starts at max and has 1/3 of the mana bar value. It is generated by receiving attacks, and the more powerful they are, the more it generates. Spec specific spells will spend this and one of the unique mechanics of this spec is it can use mana to fill the missing proportion of Dark Hunger a spell requires, if there is none. If it gets completely full, the player will suffer from damage buffs, but protection debuffs, while if it reaches zero, it suffers damage debuffs and defensive buffs. Each 2% of Dark Hunger adds 0,5% of AP and takes 0,5% of stamina, and vice-versa. This means that when with full Dark Hunger, the DS has 25% increased AP but no stamina bonus, and if with no Dark Hunger, the benifits switch.

+ Green: dps spec, very slow damage build, yet very powerful. Has access to some unique cc abilities by manipulating dreams and is capable of minor healing. Uses nature and poison spells. The special resource is depicted as a brain with 2 sides with Zeal starting at the axis 0 that can tend to a top of 100 from either side. The right green side is used for healing spells, and the purple left side for damage abilities. It is generated when using special abilities which will fill either side, depending if they are damaging abilities or healing ones. More powerful abilities will require a certain amount of Zeal from one, or in some cases, both sides. It will passively return to 0 over time and increase the generation of green Zeal when out of combat or purple Zeal when in combat by 30%. NOTE: Sleep manipulating spells will have a very high chance to break whenever the target receives damage, which will then benefit from hit to become effective.

+Bronze: support spec, with a cool mix of cc and buffs and debuffs by manipulating time. Very useful, since it can provide with various melee support abilities and one unique off healing ability. Uses normal and lightning abilities. The special resource used is the Temporal Rift bar. It starts at 0 and goes to 50, but the safe limit is until 25. Each time manipulating ability will add an X number of seconds to this bar, which will reset over time slowly based on haste. If the player crosses the 25 second threshold, the spells become unpredictable and will have a 50% chance to produce undesirable side effects.

+ Blue: Support role, high range and provides powerful magical buffs and debuffs. Has a very dynamic resource system, which provides an almost constant resource. Uses frost and arcane spells. Its special resource is the Frozen Wisdom bar. It starts at 0, is generated through mana spending spells and it has half the values of the mana bar. It is then spent instead of mana when in DA and does not reset to 0 over time.

INTRO

The background of a Dragonsworn is of a natural adventure hero, used to the hardships of mother nature and who has seen much of the world on his own. His mind is tuned to be sharp and functional, and he is capable of adapting to any sort of situations, always getting out of predicaments with such grace that it suits well with the Dragonflight's recruiting trials.

+ Similar to any other class’s stance or presence, Dragonsworns utilize "Paths", which will have a cost of 10% base mana, unrecoverable:

Superior Mission-Each damaging spell with a base mana cost higher than 8% has a chance based on spirit to return 5% of its damage as mana to the DS over 15 sec. Can only occur once every 16 sec.

Divine Instincts- Each critical hit suffered has a chance based on spirit to make the next spell instant cast within 5 sec. Can only occur once every 12 sec.

Blessed Destiny-The DS gains a passive chance to dodge based on dodge + spirit, in this order, scaling. This effect can only happen once every 20 sec and only on attacks that would otherwise kill the DS.

+ Empowerment:
    Whenever the DS hits the full cap of its secondary resource, being the red aspect having 4 fully grown flames, the bronze spec having reached 100 seconds, the black spec having no Dark Hunger, the Green spec having full Zeal on both sides and the Blue spec having full Frozen Wisdom, an almost apotheotic empowerment fills him, gracing the DS with the ability to overuse the secondary resource without suffering any negative effects. This effect can only occur when in combat once every 2 min and will always last for 30 sec:

Red Spec- Living Flames do not drain mana
    Black Spec- Receives the attack power benefit as if with full Dark Hunger
    Green Spec- Allows the use of whatever colour of Zeal in abilities
    Bronze Spec-Abilities cast over 25 sec in the TR bar no longer have negative effects
    Blue Spec- Abilities will split in half their cost on mana and FW

CLASS TRAITS

Draconian Skeleton:Now this is one of the classes shared traits, and basically consists of increasing the size of a DS by what in scale should be 1 dm every 2 lvls. By size I mean height and body structure, making the DS the toughest and hulkiest of all classes. This also comes with a special perk to make it worth in battle, and DS will have an initial chance of 15% to resist knockbacks, which will then increase by 0,5% every 2 lvls.

Reptilian Longevity: The heart of a DS is so big in size and continues to grow that every over healing received by him will increase his health pool up to a max of 25%. This is also a passive ability shared by all specs. However, each 1% of extra health will force the DS to lose 1% movement speed.

Talent Tree ID:31003
    http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot.com
    ABILITIES:
    BRONZE SPEC
    RED SPEC
    BLUE SPEC
    GREEN SPEC
    BLACK SPEC

Some similar looks:

Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-11-20 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, look... Another new class idea :|

Only feedback I care to give is that they should be a mail-wearing class, if only to put 3 Clothies, 3 Leather-ies, 3 Mail-ies, and 3 Plate-ies.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Support role doesn't exist in-game at this time.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

IMO go for mail armor, dragon scale themed armor would work well for the class. I'd also suggest limiting it to three or four specs to make it more realistic. I'm not sure though that the lore would fit all the flights anyway.

I do like the idea of a class empowered by the remaining dragonflights to help them preserve order, but the blue and black flights at least are now defunct, that would really leave red green and bronze that may still be a cohesive unit, so I would limit specs to that for now. But I think with some adjustments this could be a very cool class.

I also don't think that limiting specs to certain races would make ANY Sense. It would totally go against the game's design if specs were limited to classes. I would suggest instead making red green and bronze into dps, tanking and healing. Which would be which though? There's some tricky things here with overlap from other classes. Green would make sense for healing but may overlap with druid healing too much. So either a way to differentiate them would be needed or else they'd have to use one of the others. A bronze healing spec where you're 'undoing' wounds by turning back time could be a very interesting twist on the healing lore. So I'd suggest Red = tanking, green = dps and bronze = healing. Maybe add a fourth spec to match druids, but I don't think blizz intends to make another 4 spec class, they just gave it to druids because they had four roles anyway. But I think a 'battlemage' type blue could be interesting, to keep them distinct from mages. Sort of like a paladin except using arcane spells instead of holy ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont know if you have ever heard of this thing called "lore" but if you have you should know this does not fit in it.

nor does it fit into the current game design for wow.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    i dont know if you have ever heard of this thing called "lore" but if you have you should know this does not fit in it.

nor does it fit into the current game design for wow.
    Quoting lore, you'll also have to quote "Retcon". They made up a whole bunch of Draenei lore in order to introduce them in BC. It worked with minimal fuss.

Having said that, it'd be hard to introduce a class with 5 talent trees. Also, the only things with the powers of all 5 flights were the Chromatic Dragonflight. To that end, Chromatic would work in some aspect, each gamestyle (tank/dps/heals) taking bits and pieces of abilities from specific dragonflights. Although again, it be hard for the general community to swallow (although the concept of an ability that shifts across all 5 flights, like Chromaggus has, would be cool).

Winter...The realm of eternal ice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Quoting lore, you'll also have to quote "Retcon". They made up a whole bunch of Draenei lore in order to introduce them in BC. It worked with minimal fuss.

Having said that, it'd be hard to introduce a class with 5 talent trees. Also, the only things with the powers of all 5 flights were the Chromatic Dragonflight. To that end, Chromatic would work in some aspect, each gamestyle (tank/dps/heals) taking bits and pieces of abilities from specific dragonflights. Although again, it be hard for the general community to swallow (although the concept of an ability that shifts across all 5 flights, like Chromaggus has, would be cool).
    theres a difference between writing a story for an already existing race in the game world and inventing a new class that has never been anywhere in anything especially when there are already dozens of other classes they HAVE put into the world already that they could turn into something playable. not to mention the fact that the aspects no longer even have any power so how would a class channel their power.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    theres a difference between writing a story for an already existing race in the game world and inventing a new class that has never been anywhere in anything especially when there are already dozens of other classes they HAVE put into the world already that they could turn into something playable. not to mention the fact that the aspects no longer even have any power so how would a class channel their power.
    Blizz could spin this. The dragon aspects aren't AS powerful anymore but they are still powerful dragons, and it's entirely possible that not all the flights will go the way of the blues and disband. The others could potentially seek the aid of mortals to aid their cause with the loss of the aspect powers. For example:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Timewalkers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    You put a lot of thought into this and it sound really cool. Dragon Sworn, I like the sound of that.

I love to come up with classes in my head all the time too and this sounds like a very neat idea that ties into the aftermath of cataclysm. Becoming a dragon trained fighter and all, sounds very epic.

To that extend I believe that certain things have to be taken under account when thinking about this. If you ask me the next class will be a mail armor user, so that means it will have to be itemized to fit shaman and hunter gear. Maybe a spec that can use range weapons too.

I like the idea of a "technician" class that uses intellect mail for a "tinkering" spec and an "apothecary" spec and agility mail for a "zapper" specs that focuses on range weapon damage. It can drop pet like constructs like turrets, dispensers, war-golems and what not. It would fit in. But then you would have to make it work in terms of lore which is a whole different thing.

Still, Dragon Sworn sounds pretty epic.
    First of all, thx for the nice comment =). I agree with you that the end story for cataclysm is a good queue for the dragonsworn class. Simply put, even the black and bronze dragon flights aren't completely extinct, and they, more than others, need to start turning to other races for help.
    As for the mail or leather armor, I still haven't made a definitive decision, as I already created the demon hunter class based on a mail wearer. Since I made this one afterwards and I intended to cross all armor types, I put leather into the dragonsworn. By the way, if u want a spec with ranged weapons, then my demon hunter might just be what ur looking for. Furthermore, in response to ur idea for the "technician" class, all I can say is that it is all in my Tinker class, in my signature XD. Hope u like it!

Deleted
    Alrighty then votes are open so lay it on me =P!

Forgive me if I'm wrong but if they have 15% knockback reduction and gain 1% every two levels wouldn't they end up with 70% to resist sort of important CC spells in PvP?
    Don't you think that's just a bit silly?

People always tend to go a little over the top with their class ideas...

well, 5 specs simply aint gonna happen. neither are support classes, as much as i would love them.

If the red aspect had the ability to target an ally and cast "Burning Adrenaline" I would sign on to this class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped reading after it said the class will have 5 specs rofl.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but if they have 15% knockback reduction and gain 1% every two levels wouldn't they end up with 70% to resist sort of important CC spells in PvP?
    Don't you think that's just a bit silly?

People always tend to go a little over the top with their class ideas...
    I will ask this without disregarding ur warning but what cc abilities do you have in mind?

---------- Post added 2012-09-30 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    well, 5 specs simply aint gonna happen. neither are support classes, as much as i would love them.
    I think now, with the homogenizaton of buffs, a support class could emerge and take on a more helpful role in raids because if managed properly, a support role can contribute to battle just as good as any other class. For instance, if I took a bronze spec dragonsworn, he would bring haste buffs that aren't limited to the 10% max rule, benefiting party memebers tremendously. Even better, the ability to pause time and interrupt spells without CD is also a good way to keep urself useful.

---------- Post added 2012-09-30 at 01:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    If the red aspect had the ability to target an ally and cast "Burning Adrenaline" I would sign on to this class.
    Whats that 0_o??

---------- Post added 2012-09-30 at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    I stopped reading after it said the class will have 5 specs rofl.
    Big Woop, wanna fight about it?lol
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-09-30 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to put a little bit of information to those who claim Dragonsworn does not exist in the game, they do. They were rather active when Ahn'Qiraj was introduced. Dragonsworn, basically, are mortal beings chosen by the aspects.

Which brings me to my critique.

The Red Flight will have none of the orcs after the incident with them and what they have done to Alexstrazsa. So giving Red Aspect to Orcs will make no sense at all. The dragonflights favored Night Elves because of their life span and the fact that the Kaldorei are already linked as dragonsworn in one manner - Ysera and the Druids -, Blue Dragonflight favored mages but occassionally Paladins and Priests with the right set of cards would fall into their category.

So the dragonsworn really functions as a matter of "being good enough/have the respects of the dragons" to be selected, and even then it was very rare.

Now the dragonflights are mortal, I assume, and would rather watch than select pawns.

Onto the class design itself.

Giving 5 playable specs will cause a mass amount of QQ- just look at the druids with their four specs. Spreading said 5 specs to all races can get very complicating, very fast. I'm guessing it would be possible to have 5 specs, but would it be fair? I don't really favor that idea.

But! I would love to see Dragonsworn as a playable class. Or perhaps, even race, as Drakonids or Dragonspawns. They'd be neutral, just like the Pandaren, and would choose their side after they finish the first homeland quest chain.

Dragonsworn wearing mail armor, also, makes much more sense. :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Areto View Post

The Red Flight will have none of the orcs after the incident with them and what they have done to Alexstrazsa. So giving Red Aspect to Orcs will make no sense at all
    That is indeed a mistake I made...

Quote Originally Posted by Areto
    Now the dragonflights are mortal, I assume, and would rather watch than select pawns.
    exactly, so the recruitment procedures are now much more loose and carried out by lesser dragons because of their perilous situation, I wpuld guess.

Giving 5 playable specs will cause a mass amount of QQ- just look at the druids with their four specs. Spreading said 5 specs to all races can get very complicating, very fast. I'm guessing it would be possible to have 5 specs, but would it be fair? I don't really favor that idea.
    Lol many people find it hard to accept a 5 spec class... But the truth is that just like what happened to druids, it is a necessary thing, otherwise either leave out a complete spec or do what was done to druids until MOP came, which is to squeeze 2 specs into one, completely OverPowering that spec. The same thing goes with the dragonsworn. people like to think(I can't for the life of me understand why) that 5 specs would cause 2 much QQ and that the best solution for this case is to make the same mistake Blizzard did with druids, and put half of 2 dragon aspects in one spec... Either breaking the spec or overpowering it, so we would have a spec capable of either playing 2 roles and offering 2 alternatives or a complete messed up spec that would not and could not feel right playing with. For the dragonsworn, it is impossible to mash up 2 dragon aspects because they are so unique and so incompatible that 5 specs are the right way to do it. And that is also why I kind of segragated specs into races, because there is a rule that applies in this class that other classes don't have, which is that not every race has good relations with all dragonflights, which you pointed out previously with the orc and red dragons example. That limitation is not a whim of mine but a lore retriction...

But! I would love to see Dragonsworn as a playable class. Or perhaps, even race, as Drakonids or Dragonspawns. They'd be neutral, just like the Pandaren, and would choose their side after they finish the first homeland quest chain.

Dragonsworn wearing mail armor, also, makes much more sense. :>
    Already made the change... (drooling at the thought of a mail dragonsworn tier set in dragon scales with awesome looking patterns) =)
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-10-01 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    All right people =)=)?? So I have tidied the thread for your reading pleasure. But there is more... COMBAT ROTATIONS ARE NOW IN EFFECT XD. Check it out and hope u enjoy. any feedback is welcomed both through the vote system or even better, by commenting, cool? Any thoughts, ideas about what this concept might be lacking, are greatly appreciated!
    CYA
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-10-15 at 12:29 AM.

They don't need to be based on every different color there is as it stands there are more than five flights.

...and shame on you for "naming" my concept terrible all the while using using the concept of empowerment and paths here.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ht=dragonsworn

Rookie, bring in the story before you bring in the mechs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Support specializations are not viable in World of Warcraft gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.