Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In this guide, it is recommended to take the Revitalizing Primal Diamond (wowhead. com/item=76888) as a Meta Gem. Wouldn't the one with Int and increased Max. Mana be a better choice (wowhead. com/spell=107759)?
    According to EJ, 1 spirit is worth 0.5625 mp5, so the 432 spirit from the gem are worth 243 mp5. On the other side, 2% increased maximum Mana would bring our Mana pool to 306k instead of 300k, so it adds 6k mana. Assuming you use your mana tea (glyphed) with two stacks every 10 seconds, you consume 12 stacks per minute, which is 48% of your max. mana.
    0.48x6000 = 2880 additional mana in 60 seconds or 240 mp5, so the mp5 averages out, while 216 int are stronger than the 3% increased crit effect. Of course, you won't always be able to use 2 stacks of mana tea every 10 seconds, but in my opinion it's definitely worth considering for some fights.

Edit: Sorry for the links, had to screw them up due to forum restrictions.

Blablubs12:

Quite the interesting thought - I'm seriously considering it now.
    I must admit I reflexively refused that meta because 6k mana looks so little. But yes, with the Mana Tea mechanic in mind, it really does make sense.

I do think many wants the passive mana regen then counting on mana tea, sure later on when you are comfortabel with your mana and regen i think many will switch it out for intell meta gem. Just at start you want as much spirit as possible. Fights are hectict and you might forget to use mana tea on CD when you are abel to

I've been having mana problems myself. When I fist weave, I run out of mana pretty quickly unless i just rely on my auto attack heals. This is in mostly quest gear since I reached 90 recently, but I felt so doing normals as well. I've healed as a druid and shaman in raids before and there have been mana changes all the way through, but I have an idea of when the mana payoff just isn't right.
    What do you all do to manage mana when fist weaving? Do you rely on your auto attacks? I can do that in raids more but dungeon damage can be spiky.
    I may just need more spirit and better gear. I'm just wondering if there's something about mana that I'm missing. I use mana tea with the glyph as much as possible but I don't feel it pays back enough.

here is my char:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ingleaf/simple

Use ReM on CD, Uplift when ppl need heals and have ReM on. Dont nuke the boss to much with TP/BoK if you know you cant keep up with mana. Sometimes chi burst might be better then Uplift if ppl are stacked and your ReM arent spread as much as it could be. In a 10man groupe you can have ReM up on all targets for almost a full duration and then Using Uplift on dmg is awesome

Spirit at this moment is the key. You should feel comfortably at around 8-9k spirit. Another thing is probably more personal - mana tea glyph. I started using it following different forums advices, but then I decided to un-glyph it. At least for me, it works better. When you have mana tea glyphed, you should use it on each cooldown, unglyphed gives you some more flexibility, but of course requires few seconds of lower damage to use it.

Another thing is fistweaving. Sometimes reading this forum you have a feeling that spaming healing spells old style is ultra-lame, and monk pretending to be the pro should always use this complicated combo: ReM-jab-jab-uplift. It is true in 25-man raid healing, in most situations. In 10-man it depends on the boss. In 5-man instances and in PvP I found fistweaving pretty useless. There are other ways to generate chi for uplift, they are slower than jab-jab, but less mana consuming and in most situations you dont need so intense raid healing. Additinally, instead of dps-ing the boss, you can help keeping tank alive. Try different approaches, fistweaving is not the only and right way of monk healing.

Deleted
    It's simple : unhappy with regen? Take The spirit meta.
    Okayish with regen and want to go towards troughout? Int and max mana meta.
    Fine with regen and need troughput? Int and crit meta.

How much haste is necessary for the 2. tick, with 5% haste?

Quote Originally Posted by barolo View Post
    In 5-man instances and in PvP I found fistweaving pretty useless.
    Are you kidding ? In 5 man, Fistweaving IS the way to go. Unless you are extremely ungeared, but I started Fistweaving in 5man at about 460 ilvl, never looked back. Seriously, heroics are so easy, there isnt much to heal, so really, Fistweaving helps tremedously the clear time. Its simple, by fistweaving I can keep the whole group up (with uplifts here and there) and do 15/20k extra DPS.

Agreed on PVP though.

Deleted
    Nice guide, thanks to the OP. Its not very indepth but its certainly a good starting point for mistweaving monks

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    Are you kidding ? In 5 man, Fistweaving IS the way to go. Unless you are extremely ungeared, but I started Fistweaving in 5man at about 460 ilvl, never looked back. Seriously, heroics are so easy, there isnt much to heal, so really, Fistweaving helps tremedously the clear time. Its simple, by fistweaving I can keep the whole group up (with uplifts here and there) and do 15/20k extra DPS.

Agreed on PVP though.
    Isn't much to heal? Someone here hasn't done Shado-Pan monastery, fistweaving definitely would not work there, people are stupid and take way too much damage on the trash pulls & boss fights, same thing with fights in Niuzao temple (spelling)? on the 3rd boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaak View Post
    How much haste is necessary for the 2. tick, with 5% haste?
    Assuming you're referring to the 2nd extra tick of ReM and EnV mists, you need 25% haste. With the 5% haste raid buff you need 8096 haste rating to reach 25% haste raid buffed.

Deleted
    Moin Moin,

I just have problems to singel heal by Gara'jal HC 10 man

We do it with 2 Healer...
    How do you heal there i just spam SoM than SM and EM next target and keep that on all 3
    That is all fine but when it comes to the last Phase or when i have to stand 2 times in a rolle outside then i go oom are you playing there with Chi wave or just AoE heal the 3 targets out...

Your,
    Holy

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Isn't much to heal? Someone here hasn't done Shado-Pan monastery, fistweaving definitely would not work there, people are stupid and take way too much damage on the trash pulls & boss fights, same thing with fights in Niuzao temple (spelling)? on the 3rd boss.
    Lol, seriously ? I did shadopan many times, super easy as a fistweaver. Only part you need to focus your heals more is on the Sha trashes who hit hard indeed. The rest is a piece of cake. Seriously you are completly underestimating the healing via Eminence (statue included).

So what if people are taking too much damage ? Pool your chi and start spamming uplift. If its on the tank, soothing + surging and back to fistweaving. Drop Xuen if melees are taking more damage than they should and see the magic happen.

BTW I also did Shadopan in Challenge mode while fistweaving, it still worked on most parts.

As of recently, I've switched to reforging in this priority:
    Haste to 1350 > Spirit > Crit > Mastery > Haste beyond 1350.
    From doing this, I've seen a more consistent HPS increase on most fights we've done. I'm currently raiding in a 10man raid and have healed 1/6 heroic. I personally prefer the crit reforging over master reforging based on the simple fact that I don't want to have to depend on other people to hit my Healing Spheres when proc'd from our mastery. While both crit and mastery are both a roll based stat (RNG), our mastery has an added variable that goes along with it, people running into them. At times the healing spheres could spawn in troublesome places and at other times, the raid just doesn't pay attention to hit them. My best comparison is trying to get people to click Lightwells in previous expansions... Is it better if they do it? SURE IS!... but do they always click the damn thing??? of course not. I'd rather take the increased chance to crit on my heals (GotS as well, which will still proc at a decent rate). Just looking for some thoughts on the ideas I have. =D Thanks to anyone that contributes to this.

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ngnam/advanced
    Last edited by noladrew; 2012-10-22 at 11:57 AM. Reason: added armory link

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    This. Fully agree with you, did the same some time ago and it works better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    Why people that aren't exclusively raiding with a good 25man raid ever asumed there would be another priority list is beyond me. But i guess those blindly follow icy veins or whatever other guide spills out wrong information on secondary stats.

Deleted
    So in 10man you recommend reforging to crit instead of mastery?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    So in 10man you recommend reforging to crit instead of mastery?
    Yes of course. As stated several times in this thread, after you hit 1350 haste and are comfortable with your spirit you go for crit instead of mastery. Haste in general is not desireable for us. Mastery per se is not bad but sadly rarely used to be much of a benefit in comparison to crit.

Deleted
    It's quite simple, our mastery is dynamic in value because unlike any other it spawns an in game object which requires interaction. This means it will scale with a lot of variables, instead of just your mastery %. For example, it will be more valuable in a small room as opposed to a big room, a movement fight where you retrace steps instead of progress onto new areas (i.e. heroic ragnaros as opposed to spine heroic) and when there is a lower player:area ratio.

Obviously, for fights like Guardian 25 it will be great because there's a lot of movement inside a small, mutually shared area. For Guardian 10 however, the area shared between players is a lot less populated and crit will take the lead.