10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, there are a lot of Cowboys fans in this stadium. I've noticed that that is happening quite a bit this season.

Gogo Houston defense. Kickin ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Elb, I too hope that Suggs doesn't suit up due to the possibility of him hurting himself even more. An important game, sure. But with Webb and Lewis already out, I would rather not risk him, but his doctors and he knows a lot more than what I do about the severity of the injury right now.
    He's been playing a lot more than I thought he would (at least in the 1st half). While he's been very effective so far, you can still tell he's not 100%. Speed still isn't quite there ... and when he's lining up on the line of scrimmage, He's not crouching down into position like everyone else. He's literally standing straight up and sideways (which I didn't think you could do lol).

This offense, on the other hand, has looked terrible against Houston's defense and the Ravens already suspect O-line has their RT earlier in the game. Oher has swung over from LT to RT and Bryant McKinnie is now in at LT.

EDIT: It's getting a little ridiculous with the number of Houston defensive players that are coming in at Flacco untouched. Man, this line is terrible.
    Last edited by Elbren; 2012-10-21 at 07:14 PM.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Only the Bucs can throw a 95 yard pass, and walk away from that drive with 0 points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Who wants to watch that?
    *cough*

Seriously though, it's a potential battle for the #1 Draft pick spot.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Seriously though, it's a potential battle for the #1 Draft pick spot.
    not if the Browns have anything to say about it...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Illegal Touching of a Forward Pass. It is a foul for illegal touching if a forward pass (legal or
    illegal), thrown from behind the line of scrimmage:
    (a) is first touched intentionally or is caught by an ineligible offensive player; or
    (b) first touches or is caught by an eligible receiver who has gone out of bounds, either of his own volition
    or by being legally forced out of bounds, and has re-established himself inbounds.
    Receiver was contacted after 5 yards, and pushed out of bounds, which is illegal, and got called for illegal touching. Bolded important part, it should have been defensive holding or def pass interference. Good thing the "real" refs are back...............
    Last edited by Todgruppe; 2012-10-21 at 08:35 PM.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Todgruppe View Post
    Bucs cheated by refs, and they are supposed to be the "real" refs. Lawl
    Mike Pereira disagrees. I'd link it, but I don't know how to link specific tweets.

Bucs cheated by refs, and they are supposed to be the "real" refs. Lawl
    That's not according to the rules. You can't step out of bounds and then step back in and have the first touch.

Mike Pereira disagrees. I'd link it, but I don't know how to link specific tweets.
    https://twitter.com/MikePereira/stat...14243855216641
    In TB not illegal contact because the QB was out of the pocket and you can't come back in and be the first to touch.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    That's not according to the rules. You can't step out of bounds and then step back in and have the first touch.
    Fixed my post. It wasn't illegal touching by definition of the rule. It was pass interference or defensive holding.

Illegal Contact Beyond Five-Yard Zone. Beyond the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the
    snap remains in the pocket with the ball, a defender may use his hands or arms only to defend or protect
    himself against impending contact caused by a receiver. If the receiver attempts to evade the defender,
    the defender cannot initiate contact that redirects, restricts, or impedes the receiver in any way
    Incidental Contact Beyond Five-Yard Zone. Beyond the five-yard zone, incidental contact may
    exist between receiver and defender as long as it does not materially affect or significantly impede the
    receiver, creating a distinct advantage.
    Contacting someone such that you force them out of bounds significantly impedes them. So on multiple accounts the refs are wrong.
    Last edited by Todgruppe; 2012-10-21 at 08:40 PM.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

10+ Year Old Account
    If you click on the timestamp or details it will take you to a direct link to the tweet. Same with FB.

Anyway, I say that TB got fucked pretty hard there. But they would of had to convert 2 points also.

Fixed my post. It wasn't illegal touching by definition of the rule. It was pass interference or defensive holding.

Contacting someone such that you force them out of bounds significantly impedes them.
    Illegal Contact Beyond Five-Yard Zone. Beyond the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the
    snap remains in the pocket with the ball
    , a defender may use his hands or arms only to defend or protect
    himself against impending contact caused by a receiver. If the receiver attempts to evade the defender,
    the defender cannot initiate contact that redirects, restricts, or impedes the receiver in any way
    The QB ran out of the pocket.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    The QB ran out of the pocket.
    Not before he was first knocked out of bounds, which happened first time on the side line, then he later straight up just pushed Mike Williams.

AND Mike P says defensive pass interference should have been called, so again LEGAL contact. Since it was illegal contact it isn't illegal touching.

15+ Year Old Account
    So the Chargers are being investigated for cheating. Their receivers have a really low drops number this year, you know when Rivers actually throws it in their area. Turns out their trainer has been applying stickam to their gloves. An umpire caught him with the material last week in the Broncos game hiding it inside the towels he was handing to players.

The Chargers cheat and still can't win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    So the Chargers are being investigated for cheating. Their receivers have a really low drops number this year, you know when Rivers actually throws it in their area. Turns out their trainer has been applying stickam to their gloves. An umpire caught him with the material last week in the Broncos game hiding it inside the towels he was handing to players.

The Chargers cheat and still can't win.
    Yeah I linked that earlier but probably at a bad time, before the games.

Pretty ridiculous... those gloves are like glue anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of times McFadden has run without anyone blocking for him this season has gone from being frustrating to infuriating.

How he's expected to ever pick up more than 2 without team assistance is beyond me.

---------- Post added 2012-10-21 at 10:49 PM ----------

*sigh*

Seriously CBS? Oakland down 17-3 and you show the Tuck Rule incident?

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of times McFadden has run without anyone blocking for him this season has gone from being frustrating to infuriating.

How he's expected to ever pick up more than 2 without team assistance is beyond me.
    Something that amazed me was when i saw a stat from last season. Vonta Leach (Ravens) was the only FB that started all 16 games last year. I know we're in a more passer-friendly era of football, but it just seems crazy that almost every team in the league as done away with the FB position. They'd rather just have that extra TE or WR out there.

RB's have a short enough life span as it is in this sport. You'd think any team with a RB like, McFadden, Rice, Peterson, etc. would want a full time FB opening holes for them. Hell, if anything, you'd want them there just to soak a couple hits so your star RB isn't continually getting beaten like a champ every running play.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Something that amazed me was when i saw a stat from last season. Vonta Leach (Ravens) was the only FB that started all 16 games last year. I know we're in a more passer-friendly era of football, but it just seems crazy that almost every team in the league as done away with the FB position. They'd rather just have that extra TE or WR out there.

RB's have a short enough life span as it is in this sport. You'd think any team with a RB like, McFadden, Rice, Peterson, etc. would want a full time FB opening holes for them. Hell, if anything, you'd want them there just to soak a couple hits so your star RB isn't continually getting beaten like a champ every running play.
    Lynch has Michael Robinson, who is pretty underrated. They've been using him to block a lot more this year, and its quite effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Lynch has Michael Robinson, who is pretty underrated. They've been using him to block a lot more this year, and its quite effective.
    Oakland has Myers as a blocker, but they're using him as a receiver more and more.

It just seems stupid to me, to have your franchise player who has a history of injuries, to be unprotected in a situation that already comes with a short career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oakland has Myers as a blocker, but they're using him as a receiver more and more.

It just seems stupid to me, to have your franchise player who has a history of injuries, to be unprotected in a situation that already comes with a short career.
    I'm surprised how Lynch stays healthy with how hard he runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jets/Pats 23/23

Jags/Raiders 23/23

Something tells me the Jets/Pats game has been nothing like this comedy of errors though.