Page 1 of 2
LastLast

limit on skyshards?

Alright so i have gotten a total of 20 skyshards. I have the mount for myself and i sold it to someone. Now im trying to farm a 3rd set to sell again but i havnt been able to get my 21st skyshard. Now i know people will say im having bad rng, but i don't think that's the case. during the first 2 sets i was getting a shard every 800-1.2k kills. after i killed alani for the second time i am currently 6k kills into farming and havnt seen a single shard. with a drop rate of .15% i should have seen at least 4 of them already. My only conclusion is that blizzard set a limit to 20 skyshards per toon.

Deleted
    I've not seen a single one since MoP launched...so its probably RNG.

I've killed over 20k level 90 Mobs done the Golden Lotus Dailies almost every day: 0 Shards.

Deleted
    your QQ'ing about bad RNG between your 20th and 21st drop, while others havent even seen one.
    yeah, i think you shouldnt see any for a while and that some others might get their 10 for one :P

Quote Originally Posted by grandadypurp View Post
    Alright so i have gotten a total of 20 skyshards. I have the mount for myself and i sold it to someone. Now im trying to farm a 3rd set to sell again but i havnt been able to get my 21st skyshard. Now i know people will say im having bad rng, but i don't think that's the case. during the first 2 sets i was getting a shard every 800-1.2k kills. after i killed alani for the second time i am currently 6k kills into farming and havnt seen a single shard. with a drop rate of .15% i should have seen at least 4 of them already. My only conclusion is that blizzard set a limit to 20 skyshards per toon.
    Where in the hell have you found those damned things? I have a whole 1 and that was pure chance from the golden lotus cache.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

It took me 36 runs to see a 18% drop chance item drop once.

Eye of Sulfuras has a 4% drop rate. I killed Ragnaros about 100 times an still it didn't drop.
    A Monk on my server got both Warglaives in two runs (they have 6% drop rate each).

Probability, (bad) luck, RNG - call it whatever you want.

Just bad RNG.(if you can call it that considering you've gotten 20) It's unlimited the amount you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    I've killed over 20k level 90 Mobs done the Golden Lotus Dailies almost every day: 0 Shards.
    I seriously doubt you have killed 20k mobs with no drop considering its .15% drop rate you should have seen at least 7-8 of them with that many mobs killed

I seriously doubt you have killed 20k mobs with no drop considering its .15% drop rate you should have seen at least 7-8 of them with that many mobs killed
    It's called CHANCE for a reason. Something could have a 99.9999% chance to drop and it's possible that you won't see it drop after you kill 1 million of those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Technically its per mob, killing 100 things for a 10% chance drop doesn't mean its guaranteed to drop by the 100th kill.

That's why it's called RNG lol. Even if something is a .15% chance, it doesn't scale with how many mobs you kill, no EVERY mob has .15% chance. There IS a chance (although slim) that you could NEVER see any.

I personally have killed however many mobs you need to kill for the dailies, every day since release and an extra maybe 1000 Tricksters before I gave up and only found 2. If probability had it's way then I'd surely have more then 2, but alas, this is why it's RNG.

Also if Underbottom means he's killed 20k mobs AND whatever is required for dailies every day then sure, and that's lame as fuck RNG. But if he means 20k JUST for dailies, that's not possible. The amount of mobs you kill for dailies for the last 3-4 weeks does not = 20,000.

still doesnt explain how my first 20 shards i was getting 1 every 800-1.2k some kills then all of the sudden when im looking for 21st i dont see any for 6.5k kills

10+ Year Old Account
    if you are convinced there is a limit, what exactly can we can? are you looking for our opinion, or confirmation of your conclusion?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

RNG is RNG
    it took me over 4k kills to get disgusting oozeling and someone else from my guild got it within 100 kills.

I think looking for your 21st sky shard and calling it bad rng is pushing the bounds of oh come on a little far. exalted with a week ago, still grinding it, not one shard.

Let's throw out statistics and call someone a liar. Every mob has a .15% chance of dropping the item regardless of the number you have killed.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    found 2 in 30 min. totally rng :E

still doesnt explain how my first 20 shards i was getting 1 every 800-1.2k some kills then all of the sudden when im looking for 21st i dont see any for 6.5k kills
    You want explanation? It's pretty simple really, you don't understand the concept of chance.

im just wonder if there is anyone else out there that has seen 20 shards and can say they got number 21