Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You score 160 agi for 4.81 points and 80 agi / 120 stam for 2.4 points. It leaves 120 stamina with 0.01 point value. Why do you give stamina such small priority?
    Stamina does nothing except increase your EH and base FR heal. If you don't need EH it doesn't actually "do" anything, it's just fun to have.

Quote Originally Posted by TheeTova View Post
    Just a heads up Emane that I've found that it takes about 2000 mastery rating to get 1% damage reduction against 93s and only about 890 dodge rating to get 1% dodge. That's a huge difference and for me makes mastery A LOT worse that dodge. Though if you're dps more often than not I wouldn't want to lose that mastery.

As for hit/exp, I hate! not having cap but it's just so much more rage overall for me to go crit and even haste over cap. What I tend to do to get through the frustration of early parries/dodges is maul if I do see lots of misses. Shhh, don't tell my healers!
    You can't compare 1% dodge to %1 damage reduction; %1 dodge is a chance at reducing damage by 100% but it's still a chance where mastery is a straight up reduction every time which I'm guessing is why it cost more per % and it should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Stamina does nothing except increase your EH and base FR heal. If you don't need EH it doesn't actually "do" anything, it's just fun to have.
    Increases bear hug damage!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    After doing a night of Elegon attempts I'm starting to question the wisdom of not going for Hit/Exp caps first.

We'll see if this train of thought continues the rest of the week.

Not sure if talking Heroics or Normal modes here but for myself, I had to get some more Hit and Expertise. Reason being that on several of the bosses, you just need the dps and you missing or getting glances can make or break the fight, if your add gets through on Elegon.

On Heroic Mode (only done first 2 bosses on Heroic) I find myself needing to self heal a lot but at the same time I don't want to sacrifice too much Dodge or Mastery. So it's really a thin line to balance on imo and I find it very frustrating, when I'm unlucky with Mangle procs.

I'm personally going with Agi/Stam, Dodge/Stam and pure Stam in my sockets. The extra health is quite needed imo, specially when progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I'm personally going with Agi/Stam, Dodge/Stam and pure Stam in my sockets. The extra health is quite needed imo, specially when progressing.
    Seriously, stop using agi. It's terrible now.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerzek View Post
    Seriously, stop using agi. It's terrible now.
    Not when the bonus socket is Expertise......

I thought I'd pop into this thread to see what I should do for my only-tanking-heroics-for-quick-queues tank kit and now I'm more confused than ever. ;-;

I've just been pulling Cata stat priorities... didn't even think about it. Now at least I know I'm probably not doing it right.

But maybe I am. D:

I'm going to bed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Not when the bonus socket is Expertise......
    Expertise is red and since we get 2x expertise rating compared to agi.

Currently agi is 0.0301 and expertise is 0.0182, therefore gemming expertise is better.

Deleted
    Expertise is red and since we get 2x expertise rating compared to agi.

Currently agi is 0.0301 and expertise is 0.0182, therefore gemming expertise is better.

Yeah you're right. But isn't your SP based on your Agility when we're talking HotW? The tooltip doesn't say anything about it but I recall info on this. And HotW Bear dmg is (still) a good chunk of dmg.

That's why I really pref NV. Have a 20% dam increase during inc does work out to more damage than wrathing.

Also, NV did 13.5% of my total healing on Stone Guards this week. (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-l0...9/?s=353&e=704)

Deleted
    That's why I really pref NV. Have a 20% dam increase during inc does work out to more damage than wrathing.

Also, NV did 13.5% of my total healing on Stone Guards this week. (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-l0...9/?s=353&e=704)
    Hmm interesting. But choosing between the 2 also got easier after the nerf to HotW though:/ I'm a bit torn about it and I will have to do some more testing, cause you do loose the 6% Stam increase and during Heroic progression, I find it really nice to have a good chunk of HP.

Yeah I was torn too but after realizing I only lose 22k HP, 0.5% dodge and 0.5% crit it made it fell like it was not that much of a buff.

Deleted
    Anyone willing to help me out with some advice on my current setup? >Link< Recently sacrificed some EXP to get higher crit/mastery and still seem to have plenty of rage to use FR/SD.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

What are you currently working on in game?

Personally, gemming agi/dodge and reforging mastery has been less desirable for me. You can never have enough rage Rage means higher up time on SD (which works out to be more dodge that gemming dodge) and more healing for FR. Right now because of the amount of rating that is required to get 1% dodge or 1% damage reduction from mastery just doesn't compare to getting more stats that give you rage per second.

Take a look at the Stat Weights and SD vs FR posts I've made and take a look at the math behind all that.

Deleted
    What are you currently working on in game?

Personally, gemming agi/dodge and reforging mastery has been less desirable for me. You can never have enough rage Rage means higher up time on SD (which works out to be more dodge that gemming dodge) and more healing for FR. Right now because of the amount of rating that is required to get 1% dodge or 1% damage reduction from mastery just doesn't compare to getting more stats that give you rage per second.

Take a look at the Stat Weights and SD vs FR posts I've made and take a look at the math behind all that.
    So reforge back into exp soft cap so i get dodged less for more rage? With more crit for more rage as well? Currently we're 4/6 Started Elgelon last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Anyone willing to help me out with some advice on my current setup? >Link< Recently sacrificed some EXP to get higher crit/mastery and still seem to have plenty of rage to use FR/SD.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.
    Normal Elegon?

Normals are all about Rage generation/usage. Get Hit/Exp caps and stack Haste/Crit.

If you take a look at that spread sheet on my Stat Weight post, I even value haste over hit/exp. It works out to be more rage per second at the moment for me.

Just another note, a lot of people are saying exp to soft cap. It is just as beneficial to go 0% to 1% exp as it is to go from 6% to 7%. The idea of just getting dodge cap doesn't make a difference. 1% less dodge is the same as 1% less parry. You will get the same rage per second increase above dodge cap per 1% less parry.

Deleted
    Thanks for the quick replies. With haste being desirable these days would that make both the trinkets from Shado-Pan revered worth getting?

I believe you're referring to:

Hawkmaster's Talon - agi/use haste
    Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage - Stam/ use mastery

Yeah, these are both great trinkets. I really like using my trinket slots for stam, I weight it generally higher than crit and agi. The stam discussion is a whole other beast thought so moving on.

Things have become very situational. I've actually used the engi trinket and crit/agi proc one a bit in Spiritbinder progression. I do think these two Shado-pan ones are amazing but again, it depends

If you take a look at that spread sheet on my Stat Weight post, I even value haste over hit/exp. It works out to be more rage per second at the moment for me.
    More overall Rage generation yes, but less reliable.