Page 11 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thank you Etapicx and aggixx
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    If your agi wep is better than your int one you probably shouldn't be using the active at all or you'll be losing a very significant amount of DPS. Even with a comparable weapon it's sketchy.
    Is that because of the nerf? As before that "everyone" was saying that even a much lower ilvl spell power weapon is much better for HotW active.

We haven't had a polearm drop on normal yet (because I'm 99% sure I would get it if it did...), but I did do Spirit Kings on LFR twice this reset, used a coin on both tries and got it on second :P
    Last edited by Obblivion; 2012-10-19 at 08:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saeco View Post
    Has anyone been having trouble with FeralByNight? Its been my goto timer mod for the past couple expansions but for some reason doesn't seem to be working anymore. (My cat ability timers don't show up anymore)

Could anyone recommend a suitable alternative in case I can't fix it? I really liked the small, simple bar that came with FBN
    DroodFocus WeakAuras NeedToKnow Power Auras and way more

Deleted
    Tried Natures Vigil and Incarnation on Spirit kings yesterday btw.

DPS boost is amazing if you drop the CDs in the beginning of every boss to get the 80%+ health crit bonus on ravage.

Spiritbinder i'm not so sure though, Felt really enerystarved without SotF so I went back to DoC on that boss instead, oddly enough.

Any tips for Elegon?

Quote Originally Posted by Obblivion View Post
    Thank you Etapicx and aggixx

Is that because of the nerf? As before that "everyone" was saying that even a much lower ilvl spell power weapon is much better for HotW active.

We haven't had a polearm drop on normal yet (because I'm 99% sure I would get it if it did...), but I did do Spirit Kings on LFR twice this reset, used a coin on both tries and got it on second :P
    The HotW active was never intended to be a DPS gain in conventional situations. Now that they've nerfed it, spamming wrath is fairly comparable to just doing your normal feral rotation assuming equally powerful weapons for both, but if your caster weapon is worse than your melee weapon there's no reason to bother trying to use the use effect for DPS.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

15+ Year Old Account
    this is tru but wrath spam is affected different by some secondairy stats then your melee is.
    like for example during herorism, wound it be better to spawm wrath? as it scales better with haste?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    this is tru but wrath spam is affected different by some secondairy stats then your melee is.
    like for example during herorism, wound it be better to spawm wrath? as it scales better with haste?
    During Heroism, you win 30% with wrath spamming for sure, with standard feral cycle, i'm not sure, it would say less.

For the spec, i've tested the 2 spec with Doc and NV, i would that it's pretty much the same result for me, just that NV + incantation let you with a burst so it might be better on most of the fight(like elegon), notice that if there is a stop dps NV goes better than the other, I was wondering about the sim craft script but i think it's better and cast incantation then tigerfury+berserk+NV+berserking troll.
    I think you should reserve Hotw for 10 man, when a super healer tank caster can make the difference.
    Last edited by nevakee716; 2012-10-19 at 12:00 PM.

Tried both HotW and SotF/NV on stone guard normal while the new tanks where figuring out the boss swapping. HotW+heroism=win. SotF/NV is pretty flexible and probably going to be my go to spec...
    Using NV 1st on Dps, 2nd on damage done under a shadow priest dotting everything up. I wish I had a warlock or rogue in my raid comp so it would be easier to pop bleeds on each guard during NV.. Was the only melee so the tank was getting my heal splash which helps
    HotW was pretty much the same result if I'm even able to use it for damage. When the tanks derp up the swaps I have to help out heals with it.
    I am pretty confident that if you have anything better than the raid finder polearm the 463 caster staff falls short on dps and HotW will just be a utility cooldown. If anyone has had the opportunity to try with a normal polearm I'd like to hear the results to make or break my theory.
    I still do not like incarnation,IMO SotF far outclasses it.

Deleted
    im still pulling more dps with HotW under BL then the overall buff from DoC (not to mention the 6% extra agi)

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    im still pulling more dps with HotW under BL then the overall buff from DoC (not to mention the 6% extra agi)
    How's the damage in cat when HotW isn't active compared to DoC? Is it far behind?
    Last edited by Bigzumzah; 2012-10-19 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Fixed wording

Deleted
    Hi fellow Druids,
    Im a casual druid, in a casual guild with some hardcore players.
    The guild starts raiding sunday, so i look up this guide for helping me get better dps, it puzzled me that you dont need the 7,5% hit/exp , why is that ? maybe im just a big noob, but in my brain a miss/parry is a dps lose :S
    I dont mind, not being top dps, but i would be nice to bring some nice dps

So do you have any good tips to my gear, stats and so ?

My armory profil: cant post links but im playing EU Tauren Feral Druid, Draenor, guild: Elements of Darkness

I known my gear is not the best, need ench/meta gem. meta gem og glove/chest ench will be done to night.

Quote Originally Posted by GroggyWTF View Post
    Hi fellow Druids,
    The guild starts raiding sunday, so i look up this guide for helping me get better dps, it puzzled me that you dont need the 7,5% hit/exp , why is that ? maybe im just a big noob, but in my brain a miss/parry is a dps lose :S

My armory profil: cant post links but im playing EU Tauren Feral Druid, Draenor, guild: Elements of Darkness

I known my gear is not the best, need ench/meta gem. meta gem og glove/chest ench will be done to night.

Theoretically it's more beneficial to focus on other secondary stats than hit/exp capping because we are not penalized as harsh when we miss an ability (80% energy refund). However, higher hit/exp eases the rotation so it's generally accepted that it is up to the player if they want to keep hit/exp, rather than reforging it to other stats. That being said it is still not recommended to forge into hit/exp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GroggyWTF View Post
    Hi fellow Druids,

The simulationcraft stat simulations has proven in avrage with 10 000 tests that hit and expertise is in a lower rank because when we miss an attack on a target we refund energy for it and basically it in an average makes damage increasing stats an higher priority but however it is absolutely not a lost to go for Hit and Expertise caps just because rng can be a bitch and you can miss attacks that would hit for a lot. Me for example my stat simulation on simc ranks Mastery-Crit-Hit/Exp->Haste but i do reforge Mastery-Hit/Exp-Crit->Haste for the reason i just mentioned this in some cases might be a dps lost but also when i have my sick Agility procs and just keep missing Rake and lose downtime on Rake that would have agility buffed and maybe TF as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzumzah View Post
    How's the damage in cat when HotW isn't active compared to DoC? Is it far behind?
    Remember, you dont lose beserk and you get the 6% agi buff, so cat damage is not all that bad. I quite like having two dps cooldowns. Im still working on forging haste for when hotw is up or mastery to help overall kitty dmg theres really not much in it from what ive tried.

I thought they increased the stat boost from 6% to 11% with the nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    The HotW active was never intended to be a DPS gain in conventional situations. Now that they've nerfed it, spamming wrath is fairly comparable to just doing your normal feral rotation assuming equally powerful weapons for both, but if your caster weapon is worse than your melee weapon there's no reason to bother trying to use the use effect for DPS.
    Alright, thanks

Deleted
    Bigzumzah & Etapicx : thanks, vil try not focusing so much on getting hit/exp capped then

if i simcraft my caracter, i have the priority(incarnation/NV) crit > mastery > haste > hit/exp, but i reforge corectly to loose hit/exp, you arrive with a gain of 200 dps on 83k so useless to do it.

but if you use incarnation before activate TF and ZERK, you win around 500 dps.

I was also wondering, how simcraft deals with the bloodlust.
    Is there a way to consider the war banner, because at the pull ravage is a killing spree with that, i put 12 ravage crit at 200-240k and 2 FB at 390k. ( but yeah wrath was to strong burst -_-)

Deleted
    So im finding my dmg from Hotw and DoC to be very close but i think thats purely because i suck at keeping rip up 100% with a DoC buff.

So im finding my dmg from Hotw and DoC to be very close but i think thats purely because i suck at keeping rip up 100% with a DoC buff.
    It's not that. It's because they are really close. Sims put the two within 4% of each other assuming you execute both rotations properly. If you mess up DoC's rotation (which is possible since it is more difficult) the two are probably more like 2% of each other in actual raids. When you are talking about 80k dps, 2% works out to only 1.6k dps which is barely noticeable.

Something else to consider, try NV. It is within about 3% of DoC on sims and probably more like 1.5% in practise, doesn't doesn't complicate the rotation any, and provides a substantial amount of passive raid healing (often at periods when you need it most) which helps your healers a lot in progression. I am doing 10-15k heals per second most of our raids without having to change my dps rotation at all and I still have gotten top 10 world parses with that talent set up.
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkmur View Post
    It is within about 3% of DoC on sims and probably more like 1.5% in practise,
    I think it's even closer, because it's 3% for a 6 min fight, if the fight last 4-5 min, NV take more place, and the dps is better. IF you add the war banner, it's even better.

Anyway, having a burst cd is always better.
    Last edited by nevakee716; 2012-10-22 at 06:45 PM.