Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Also, gief Li Li companion pet plox.
    Seconded. Li Li's simply and unequivocally drop-dead awesomecakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Are you really implying that the last three expansions were OMGSERIOUSFACE?
    Because as a player of all expansions and Classic I have to disagree with you.
    Okay, so you didn't play The Burning Crusade (demonic invasion), Wrath of the Lich King (all life destroyed) or Cataclysm (the annihilation of the world itself). You're on a WoW forum, so this really isn't the place to talk about other games, regardless of what you're talking about.

Mists of Pandaria is a story about a peaceful society that gets wrecked by despair, anger and hate.
    Yes, all other races are born out of a tragedy. And all those tragedies always happened "in the past".
    Just look at the Orcs: Everything was fine and peaceful, but then they got corrupted and shit hits the fan.
    How great would it be to have an expansion where you could experience that instead of reading it on a Wowwiki-page?
    For 15 years I have played WoW and every single time the great society has already been destroyed!
    You need to read my very next paragraph.

Today I entered Vale of Eternal Blossoms, and I loved it.
    If it were old-style, I would have found it destroyed and corrupted by the Sha.. I would have never been able to see how great those things looked when they were still intact.
    I agree with you, 100%. It's nice to be part of the story rather than the clean-up crew, and this entirely new set of lore allows that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    ive read over most of the posts here and the majority of people who hate pandaren are ignorant and have not actually played the game or atleast havent read anything story wise.
    This was my earlier point. Some people simply cannot accept an opinion different from their own and, instead, choose to insult people.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Sure if you discount their constant war against the mantid, the mogu, and their attempts to restrain the Sha.
    As above, if you're going to criticize any of my posts I make one request:

Read them.

If you can't be bothered to do that, don't comment. Sound fair?

And yet we're doing Twenty Bear Asses kill quests just as often as usual. Just for pandaren rather than walruses, draenei, or brown orcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back in MY day we only had 2 races, Orc and Human... All these new fangled "races" are just childish and immature. In fact all the alliance races are just clones of humans..,

Dwarf- Short bearded human
    Gnome Shorter human
    Nelf-Purple human
    Space Goat- Blue Human who is cosplaying a goat alien monster (goddang whippersnappers)
    Worgen-Human who doesn't know how to shave.
    In fact ALL the playable races are clones of humans

Orc- Green muscleman, probably the result of steroids (don't do drugs kids)
    Trolls- Blue humans with a spinal issue
    Undead- Very Very bad skin disease
    Tauren- Hippies. God dang Hippies GET A JERB YA BUM
    Blood Elf- Weight Watchers gone wrong.
    Goblin- Short kid who did steroids.
    As for the pandas.. Why there just really fat hairy people. Kinda like the people you see at Wal Mart....
    There you have it. Everyone is a human and you just found Wal Mart.
    TL: DR Version
    Stfu about pandas and play the sodding game.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Sorta agree.

Pandaren feel out of place in the game. To me it's obvious that they were an easter egg / april fools joke...

Yesterday I was doing a dungeon run with a blood elf death knight, undead warlock, orc warrior, troll priest, tauren druid and panda mage... The panda mage really was the odd one out in the picture.
    I can understand your opinion and, indeed, I've felt it too... however, I have to wonder how much of this is simply a function of the 'newness' and novelty of the Pandaren as a race that was introduced as being playable so late in the WoW series when it hadn't made an appearance since a previous iteration of WoW...

That being said, the Pandaren do seem a bit exotic and out of place in the non-Pandaria realms of Azeroth and Outland. They still stand out when walking around the Southern Barrens or Hellfire Peninsula. But I'm guessing we'll get used to it. The newness itself, however, may be an asset - it allowed Blizzard to use the introduction of a single new race that was totally foreign to this particular incarnation of WoW as a means of introducing a very different, very unique continent that feels a world apart but which is really enjoyable.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pavdon View Post
    A bit more kind than I'd be, lol. Honestly, my primary alt is a troll but I do find the fact that their speech and characteristics are derived from a rather offensive and demeaning stereotype of residents of the Caribbean island states, most notably Jamaica. I don't think Blizzard meant anything by it, but the fact that trolls are universally portrayed as having very bad grammar, speech impediments and low levels of intelligence while using Jamaican accents and regularly referencing Voodoo (which is the more common, derogatory term for the religion of Vodun which is native to Jamaica) is all a bit much.

Of course, the Pandas themselves are something of a national/ethnic/racial stereotype of East/SE Asian people, most notably the Chinese... But at least they aren't being stereotyped as stupid.

Apologies for the length of this, but here is what financial analysts are saying about the new MoP expansion and Activision Blizzard:

"Early views of [investment banking financial] analysts about [Mist of] Pandaria's sales were conflicting.

On the 4th of October, Blizzard had announced that 2.7 million copies of Mists of Pandaria have been sold within the first week of its release (Cataclysm sold 3.3 million copies within the first 24 hours of its release)[37], with the global subscriber base passing 10 million subscribers.[38]

Subsequent comments of reviewers have acknowledged the sales of nearly 3 million in the first week would be desirable and an indicator of success for any other company in [the] gaming industry, but, they say, these numbers "still aren't looking good for the long-term future of Blizzard's wildly successful MMORPG" and "likely left some of the team at Activision Blizzard wondering where they went wrong". Pandaria's start has been described as slower than any other WoW expansion, including both The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King,[40] and way behind Cataclysm, which sold 4.7 million copies in the first month.[41]

David Daw from PC World has described his experience with Mists as contradictory: on [the] one hand he says it's the best WoW expansion yet, executed more deftly, with more features, while on the other hand, if he didn't have a ton of friends playing it, he'd "likely never [have] opened up WoW again." He goes on to describe the refinement and quality of play improvements of the expansion, and concludes that "WoW’s most likely cause of death is still just old age"."

I said it before the release of MoP, I'll say it again: MoP was never intended for Euro-American subscribers. It is, has always been, and always will be, intended for Chinese subscribers to whom Bliz is pandering (no, not "pandaring") in an effort to boost massive hemorrhaging of subscribers. It's a business decision, one which highlights their greed and lack of care any more for their traditional subscriber base, which greed is evident on every front (e.g., atrociously over-priced realm xfer fees out of dead realms). Blizzard may have 10 million global subscribers, but their financial statements show the players in China are paying less than $1.00 per month for their subscriptions.

Face it: Bliz really has no idea what they're doing, and the Board of Directors should fire and replace senior management responsible for this debacle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pavdon View Post
    Back in MY day we only had 2 races, Orc and Human... All these new fangled "races" are just childish and immature. In fact all the alliance races are just clones of humans..,

Dwarf- Short bearded human
    Gnome Shorter human
    Nelf-Purple human
    Space Goat- Blue Human who is cosplaying a goat alien monster (goddang whippersnappers)
    Worgen-Human who doesn't know how to shave.
    In fact ALL the playable races are clones of humans

Orc- Green muscleman, probably the result of steroids (don't do drugs kids)
    Undead- Very Very bad skin disease
    Tauren- Hippies. God dang Hippies GET A JERB YA BUM
    Blood Elf- Weight Watchers gone wrong.
    Goblin- Short kid who did steroids.
    As for the pandas.. Why there just really fat hairy people. Kinda like the people you see at Wal Mart....
    There you have it. Everyone is a human and you just found Wal Mart.
    TL: DR Version
    Stfu about pandas and play the sodding game.
    Wait so you're saying humanoids are comparable to humans?

Huh.

I don't understand how people aren't taking into account the variable of the Digital Deluxe preorder when comparing "first week" sales.

Not discounting the numbers, just questioning if the conclusion has been properly developed.

At any rate, I'm enjoying Mists more than I enjoyed Cataclysm by far, and that's really all that matters to me. /shrug

I agree that pandaren look silly but I still love this expansion.

If there is a new playable race next expansion it better not be very cute and cuddly.

gayest thing i ever read

There's no reason to make a post that is only insulting and unconstructive.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2012-10-23 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedPrime View Post
    -SNIP-
    Then why it all I'm hearing mostly is how good MoP is from American/European players?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Then why it all I'm hearing mostly is how good MoP is from American/European players?
    Because some people don't realize that just because something has a theme doesn't mean it is only liked by people closest to that theme. Uldum wasn't only targeted towards Egyptians. Twilight Highlands wasn't targeted towards small scottsman, and Vash'jir wasn't targeted towards marine biologists. Inspiration is just that inspiration.

If we go by the logic of analysts and others then we would have the following target audiences;Burning crusade is for Demon worshipers and Wrath of the lich king is for Necrophiliacs
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    I guess he missed the entire point of the expansion that is: the war is pointless.
    The world needs peace.
    Thats funny considering this expansion was meant to reignite the war between the alliance and horde, yet we have themes of peace and shit.. really?