Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yup, I said above: Verlander could potentially pitch 3 of the 7 games if it goes that far. That's frightening. Or should be, to anyone facing the Tigers.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

The Cardinals in an elimination game has to be one of the safest bets there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The Cardinals in an elimination game has to be one of the safest bets there is.
    i have a feeling they're gonna get rocked.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Yup, I said above: Verlander could potentially pitch 3 of the 7 games if it goes that far. That's frightening. Or should be, to anyone facing the Tigers.
    Pretty sure they're a safe bet for winning the WS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Grats Giants on the World Series. Now you get to face real pitching.

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 11:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    i have a feeling they're gonna get rocked.
    Kabookiedamus over here. Good call man.

And the Tigers will face hitters who can actually HIT, I mean christ, Hunter Pence is such a bad ass he can hit the same pitch three times! Still should be an entertaining series to watch.

As for Muto, my guess is he won't be around very soon to back up his assertion that the Cards were a lock for game 7!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Yahoo Sports Link

Red Sox trade UTI Alex Aviles to Toronto for 1B Adam Lind and ... John Farrell?

Farrell is expected to be named the Red Sox next manager.
    Close. David Carpenter instead of Adam Lind although. The rumors Farrell going to Boston have been floating for over a year. The phrase "where there's smoke there's fire" comes to mind. I would be curious all the backdealing that was going on there. Toronto's GM stopped short of saying they tampered with him but pretty much hinted at him.

He's a nice guy and I think will grow into being a good manager. The funny part for me is after this year ended the media went around to each player and asked them what they wanted and almost everyone said "leadership". Not sure if they were hinting at players or Farrell but I would have to think some of it was towards him. There aren't too many people sad to see him go that's for sure. The really funny part is all the potential candidates the media has come up with are guys who have little to none managerial experience. This is going to be interesting.

Ozzie Guillen fired by the Marlins, writing was on the wall as soon as he made comments about Castro!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    s/made comments about Castro/opened his mouth/

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    And the Tigers will face hitters who can actually HIT, I mean christ, Hunter Pence is such a bad ass he can hit the same pitch three times! Still should be an entertaining series to watch.

As for Muto, my guess is he won't be around very soon to back up his assertion that the Cards were a lock for game 7!
    I just said it had to be one of the safest bets, it doesn't mean they weren't invulnerable.

The better team won, it's hard to win with that many errors, and leaving runners stranded on the bases.

Delmon Young in the outfield, this could be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Delmon Young in the outfield, this could be interesting!
    Always looks like he's running on ice when he tries to field anything.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man if Zito beats Verlander tonight talk about a story that Espn will run all nite. Also man its pretty amazing that people talk about Zito's 83 mile an hour fastball like he use to have a 90 mph fast ball or something. Even in his prime years at Oakland his fastball was like 86 maybe 88.

Edit: Marco just had 9 pitches on him and got an RBI and base hit talk about a productive at bat
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-10-25 at 01:56 AM.

To celebrate the Bay Area being in the World Series, enjoy some Bay Area rap:

http://vimeo.com/4403277

Sandoval... dah fuq??????

Verlander was shocking, Sandoval kung fu'd his ass!

15+ Year Old Account
    So, my confidence in the Tigers ability to win this series has been pretty much completely erased after tonight. Sandoval, WTF that was incredible. And to think people spent the entire last two days opining for San Fran to add Cabrera back onto their roster.

And to be honest, none of those homers were to cheap parts of the park, not that there's very many of those in that park!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pablo Sandoval has more splash hits than any other Giant not named Barry Bonds. For all those who aren't familiar with his power.

He nearly had a splash hit in Great American Ballpark in the NLDS, ball sounded like a rocket that night, but those HR last night were the sort you just don't see Verlander coughing up too often & well, 3 in one game is not bad going!