Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    what do i do at when boss is at 20% and i have full demonic fury? spam soul fire in demo form?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    I use service imp lined with dark soul.. he does massive dmg compared to service felguard

---------- Post added 2012-10-20 at 11:47 PM ----------

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44

These are the haste breakpoints
    Prove please. Otherwise its a fraud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    Prove please. Otherwise its a fraud.
    I can see the logic, the Imp doesn't need to move. Agree it needs testing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    is that service Imp glyped with demon training or not

somehow i imagine there would be some interaction between Service: Imp's limited duration and the number of times of he can cast firebolt. if he despawns right before he about to get off that last firebolt in a volley whether he is glyphed or unglyphed could be the difference between an extra 'tick' or not

Also Service felguard is still the best for multiple targets since you get second felstorm every 2 minutes.

What is the point of Kil Jaeden Cunning's talent if I can move and cast anyway?Been playing demo first time today and this got me thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorn View Post
    What is the point of Kil Jaeden Cunning's talent if I can move and cast anyway?Been playing demo first time today and this got me thinking.
    Moving while casting =/= Moving while spamming instant casts.

Oh,it's a passive effect,ok nevermind
    Last edited by Glorn; 2012-10-22 at 02:45 PM.

Question, since meta really doesn't get that much from hero/BL and caster form does should we try to stay out of meta during hero/BL? I know its never good to sit on full furry so i can see going in meta just to dump some of it. We would still have high dps in caster form with hero/BL and then even higher after hero/BL when we burn all our furry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daethINC View Post
    Question, since meta really doesn't get that much from hero/BL and caster form does should we try to stay out of meta during hero/BL? I know its never good to sit on full furry so i can see going in meta just to dump some of it. We would still have high dps in caster form with hero/BL and then even higher after hero/BL when we burn all our furry.
    Pop Imps ahead of it and build up some MC charges, SF obviously scales well in caster, but will still scale nicely in Meta too if you end up needing to dump some Fury.

Check my logs... in my raids were missing skull banner and stormlash n im doing more with service imp

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Pop Imps ahead of it and build up some MC charges, SF obviously scales well in caster, but will still scale nicely in Meta too if you end up needing to dump some Fury.
    Arent you suppose to pop imps AFTER hero to get the CD reduced?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daethINC View Post
    Arent you suppose to pop imps AFTER hero to get the CD reduced?
    The cooldown updates dynamically with haste.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    Check my logs... in my raids were missing skull banner and stormlash n im doing more with service imp
    Post your logs please - cant find them tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The cooldown updates dynamically with haste.
    I am pretty sure it doesn't, the cooldown get snapshot when you use it. For instance, if imp swarm has 20s left and all the sudden heroism is popped it isn't going to suddenly be off cooldown, it still going to have 20s left.

I would have to check because I haven't looked at it since DS when I was trying to stack absurds amount of haste, but what your saying doesn't seem right at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I am pretty sure it doesn't, the cooldown get snapshot when you use it. For instance, if imp swarm has 20s left and all the sudden heroism is popped it isn't going to suddenly be off cooldown, it still going to have 20s left.

I would have to check because I haven't looked at it since DS when I was trying to stack absurds amount of haste, but what your saying doesn't seem right at all.
    I'll have to agree with you here, I don't have any haste procs to test it with but it certainly snap shots gear contributions to haste when cast.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm could be just my perception of time, I have no real way of testing for sure before raid. Probably best to stick to casting it on the moment you gain the buff; but even so it is definitely beneficial to do it and save procs to stack Soul Fires into Hero.

I haven't given Demo much love at all on live so admittedly I'm not up to date on my theorycrafting. Can anyone point out anything glaring that needs to be updated in the main post?

Simple Simcraft guide if you want to link it since it isn't stickied yet: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...imulationCraft

Last I checked glyph of Shadow bolt was not a DPS increase (actually a loss), on almost all boss encounters glyph of imp swarm is a dps increase as far as I can tell and sim.

It might also be worth noting how stupidly obnoxious it is trying to play this spec with a wand right now. That's all I have for now, not a ton of time to dig through it.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

ya until they fix the wand issue i dont see myself going demo unless i need to for certain boss mechanics(H feng shield phase)
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements