Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

We're now forced to run RBGs to cap conquest

With the latest hotfix to the Conquest Point cap, it is intended that the Conquest awarded by winning Arena matches and Random Battlegrounds will never go above your weekly Arena cap. The only way to gain that last bit of Conquest is to win Rated battlegrounds after you have reached the lower cap. (This is all assuming that your Arena point cap is lower than your Rated Battleground cap)
    I don't understand what Blizzard is doing with PVP. Not resetting MMR when promised to do so, now a sneaky hotfix (is it announced anywhere? No!) to force us to run RBGs.

I am already very frustrated because since I don't have 2k rating in RBGs, I can't find any to play in. I was already preparing myself to lead some (as rogue, not sure if that works) cross-realm ones because I want the titles...but now it seems I'm forced to do them to be able to cap conquest, which adds a layer of stress that I certainly don't want. I already hate that I feel forced to spend hours waiting for my raid to tag Sha so I can gear up faster (not again)

Nerdpoints.org is dead, #RBG.EU is mostly for high ranked people, Looking for Players PVP EU Forum is quite inactive, etc.

Any ideas?

Related thread : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893800795

Deleted
    Openraid.eu might be a solution.

I agree with most of the things you say, except the MMR-reset. I'm no expert, but I think resetting everyone's MMR would cause a month of unbalanced games to arrive at the same situation as before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Untill they add a "LFR RBG" option and match up equally matched players this is retarded.
    BLZ is forcing ppl to spend time humping trade chat etc just to cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    I don't understand what Blizzard is doing with PVP. Not resetting MMR when promised to do so, now a sneaky hotfix (is it announced anywhere? No!) to force us to run RBGs.
    The bolded part is only true if you are really bad at this game. (can't break 1700)

Weren't you "forced" to do rated bgs in Cata too?

Also winning a random bg awards 100 conquest first time you do one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnoez View Post
    The bolded part is only true if you are really bad at this game. (can't break 1700)
    Not really. If you could put in an equal effort towards rated battlegrounds or arena, the clear winner in terms of the rewards system is the battlegrounds. Not only does a same number rating give a significantly higher conquest cap when compared to arenas, but it's also much easier to get that rating in a sense. Any imbecile can follow a leader's instructions, and it's a lot easier to just be a follower in a large group like a battleground. On my server, there are several 1700 or worse players that have had T2 weapons the past few seasons because of this.

Good. Now you know how people who dislike arena have felt for all these years.

Deleted
    I dont like that change too,
    im a casual pvper, doing some arenas with changing partners/arenateams.
    On my realm there are nearly no pug-rbgs and i dont want to run a rbg with fixed schedules.

So doing daily bgs for filling the cap was good for me and now i dont know how to do it :<

(This is all assuming that your Arena point cap is lower than your Rated Battleground cap)

Don't get minimum arena rating points and no problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    I firmly believe that "forcing" players that consider themselves to be somewhat hardcore on PvP to actually participate in rated PvP content is a good thing that should have always been going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    i thought this expansion was supposed to bring the pvp back into wow, all we have atm is very inbalanced classes for some arena is a joke cos you get killed very fast, then they make us have to do rated bg's to get capped which were never popular atleast on my server anyways, and theres no valor to conquest to help people who dnt liek rated bg's GJ blizztard

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I firmly believe that "forcing" players that consider themselves to be somewhat hardcore on PvP to actually participate in rated PvP content is a good thing that should have always been going on.
    bet your a PVE player, if so they should force you to do 25 man HC modes to get your valor cap then too

10+ Year Old Account
    I PvP in 2v2 since S1 always had full pvp gear cos i like it. Yet i have not done single RBG. I dont do 3v3 cos i suck at them and i think of myself as average pvp player.
    I noticed that change week ago. IT SUCKS BALLS... I will never have conquest points cap now
    Maybe today i will spam trade or something to get my points capped. I dont know
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    bet your a PVE player, if so they should force you to do 25 man HC modes to get your valor cap then too
    That's not really fair. He just said rated content. As long as you have your choice between rated battlegrounds and arena, I think it's a pretty fair system. I agree with your sarcastic response, too (to a point). Dailies and 5-mans shouldn't give out valor points--it should be raids only. 25-man or heroic only is ridiculous, but handing out endgame rewards for non-endgame play is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83
    I PvP in 2v2 since S1 always had full pvp gear cos i like it. Yet i have not done single RBG. I dont do 3v3 cos i suck at them and i think of myself as average pvp player.
    I noticed that change week ago. IT SUCKS BALLS... I will never have conquest points cap now
    Maybe today i will spam trade or something to get my points capped. I dont know
    You can raise you conquest cap through 2s, too. You only need like a 1500 rating to start bringing that cap up over 1350.

10+ Year Old Account
    asb i know but you can get so many points from arena and normal bg. Cant get numbers out of my head. But its like 1350/1450 and to get last 100 points YOU NEED TO win RBG. You cant get those 100 points anywhere and that is crap....

I miss wotlk 2300+ rating games Now Work and Daily quest take all my free time... God damn 3h of daily quests each day :/
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

I think the default caps are 1350 for normal BGs/arena and 1650 for rated battlegrounds. If you bring up your arena rating but don't do rated battlegrounds, I'm pretty sure your normal BG/arena cap climbs and your rated battleground cap still sits at 1650. You can definitely get more than 1350 conquest points from arena alone, you just need to have hit a certain arena rating the previous week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohnoez View Post
    I can't even break 100 because I can't get a team. I tried for months in Cataclysm. "Be 2k" or facing 2k teams and of course I lost.

I registered in Openraid.eu, will keep checking. I will say that I do like RBGs, but Cataclysm was the expansion where I spend less time (by a large margin) and I'm still paying the consequences of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    asb i know but you can get so many points from arena and normal bg. Cant get numbers out of my head. But its like 1350/1450 and to get last 100 points YOU NEED TO win RBG. You cant get those 100 points anywhere and that is crap....

I miss wotlk 2300+ rating games Now Work and Daily quest take all my free time... God damn 3h of daily quests each day :/
    If you get ovre like a 1500 rating or something in 2s you can get all your points from that the next week
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Try to look at the positive side of this change guys, this is actually a perfect fix for the phuck up of not resetting mmr. You have all these 2400 RBG teams that did not need to grind much at all because of their mmr. Now with the old model, they could virtually have to do 1 RBG per week to maintain their Conquest Cap at 2400 and get Hero of the Alliance at the end of the season, not very fair right? Now with the new system, you cant just sit on your rating you have to actually play more RBGS to cap, now if you are one of those folks that absolutely hates RBGS. Create a 2v2, find one competant person you can do 2v2 with and get the team to 1700-1800, not a difficult feat with some skill. Walaa now all u gotta do is 1 arena win per week, and you can do bgs to cap the rest. This is a positive change, and does not affect people who do not do RBGS in the least bit. The only real difference is people who do RBGS have a higher natural cap, finding 9 other people to do RBGS is much more difficult then single queing or getting 1 or 2 other people to do arenas. Hence why they have a small little perk of an extra 300 conquest.

Deleted
    blizzard know rated bg's suck so they have basically said do them or dont get your cap. yet again the PVPers of the game get shafted. its even worse in mop cos of no valor to conquest conversion and the hug imbalanced classes in arena the only slightly fun way to gai nconquest is via random bg's

you can get 1400 conquest from arena, add some from random bg's and you're at 1600.
    So yeah, you're missing out on 50 conquest if you dont do rbg's but is that really that bad ?