Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tseven View Post
    if you do get repair bills the only repair you will need is from standing in org/sw.

Being killed in pvp and being damaged in pvp does not damage the gear.
    I know you don't suffer durability losses when you die, but i've experienced lots of times that my items are losing durability in arena/bgs. not sure if its only my weapons, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    With fairness though, you earn about 10k just by levelling your toon in PvE, before you can start PvPing properly. Thus, you should have more than adequate funds to purchase a starter PvP set, and enough money for repairs. Gems can be obtained through Honor/COnquest afaik, thus the argument that money is *needed* for that isn't strictly true. In fact. the only thing that is possibly needed that requires money is Glyphs, and once you buy it, you have it, so the argument for that is deflated also.
    Basically, if you just strictly PvP, you do not need the same amount of money as a PvEer does, and any money you *do* need can be relatively easily obtained in just an hour either grinding a couple of dailies out, or whatnot.

Also, Blizzard want people to partake in all aspects of the game, not just one part, thus by making PvP focused players "earn gold" by *forcing* them to do a fewof dailies every week ensures they are experiencing some more of the content.

The arguments really aren't as strong as some people think they are for needing money in PvP. You simply do not spend as much as someone in PvP does, and most of the things that are *needed* in PvP can be purchased with the currency you obtain in the game.
    alot of people, including me, uses BGs alot for leveling simply because its funnier than questing. no gold income from that, especially now where looting a corpse gives 20 copper.

10+ Year Old Account
    if u get gold from PvPing.. even more will bot.. or the botters will be rich as fk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardi View Post
    When I have excess Honor Points I just purchase a bunch of "outdated" PvP items for next to no honor, and vendor them 2 hours later for gold. Purchasing the right items you can get up to 20s per point of honor, so any BG can easily net you 20-30g.
    What item actually gives you that much? Best I know is http://www.wowhead.com/item=35058 that gives 15-16s/honor point

10+ Year Old Account
    PVE'ers can do pve dailies and PVP'ers can do pvp dailies, sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    That was WG If I remember correctly and yes it did give you about a gold each via WG - BG's and such It's just a few silver.
    I as a pvper do all the my dailies and hate it oh well...this response is just for the ignorant people out there. First off you do take dura loss from pvp. Not nearly as much as pve progression but you do; so get your facts straight. Secondly looting bodies in bgs is no profitable at all...just a few patches ago they removed any form of curreny of a dead player...they re-introduced it recently and its about 66 copper per kill. So all of you bashers out there saying you get all this gold from pvp and that it you dont take dura..fact check it.

Don't you bloody need professions as a PvP player as well? Also dailies and turning in Honor for goods/JP. Stop being a little biatch, you don't deserve special treatment just because you do PvP.

Deleted
    Is there any honor point vendor that sells mop trade goods?

It has been said before, I do it again just for emphasis: If a player decides to ignore a portion of the game available, they do so by choice, and should suffer the consequences.

There are many ways to collect gold, all you have to do is complete those tasks. Why would a developer reward people equally when one group does a tiny percentage of the content, when another group competes in all the challenges?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Don't you bloody need professions as a PvP player as well? Also dailies and turning in Honor for goods/JP. Stop being a little biatch, you don't deserve special treatment just because you do PvP.
    Oh ok didnt realize you deserve special treatment for being a pve player sorry what was i thinking.
    Gems at start about 800-1000 a piece u need about 12 gems usually, then enchants always high at start about 2-4k plus the huge weapon enchant usually, and yes some pvp players use flasks (i dont) but thats money for some, each season usually has a few sets throughout the patches, spending 15k on every set is well over what a pvp player makes yearly, so no i dnt deserve special treatment i just think i should be rewarded for what i like to do, like the pve players are rewarded for what they like to do sounds fair to me

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    It has been said before, I do it again just for emphasis: If a player decides to ignore a portion of the game available, they do so by choice, and should suffer the consequences.

There are many ways to collect gold, all you have to do is complete those tasks. Why would a developer reward people equally when one group does a tiny percentage of the content, when another group competes in all the challenges?
    Ok then why dont developers give pve players consequences for not pvping? Since the pvp players have consequences for not pvein, you make no sense, its a game u should play it for what u like about it and be rewarded in some way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    Dailies are PvE content. Now more than ever as they are designed specifically to offer PvE rewards due to the valor points change and reputation vendors. How many PvP upgrades are available upon getting revered with any of the factions? There is literally nothing but gold to be gained from a PvPers perspective in these circumstances. It's similar to how most PvE players stop doing dailies once they have all they want from the factions or quests, they simply aren't motivated enough by the monetary gain and in these circumstances that's persistent throughout the content from the very beginning for PvP orientated players.

The should implement PvP dailies. A daily PvP victory, objective list and kills (either numerical or kill faction/race/class x), arena win and so on. The only issue is bots but that being said bots control the PvE economy as it is.
    If you consider dailies on the same level of raiding, you need to go play another game. PVP is a mini game, if you want to argue arena gives no gold, you can argue you don't need any gold to do arena. all of your gear and gems all are provided by points. only thing might be enchants..
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Sorry also forgot pvping for an hour to get the honor to buy cheap weapons to sell for 12g is just about on the same track as pvers getting 9-11g every 5-10 minutes or maybe even more (since pve players have a chance for their npcs to drop uncommons, rares, epics)

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 11:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    If you consider dailies on the same level of raiding, you need to go play another game. PVP is a mini game, if you want to argue arena gives no gold, you can argue you don't need any gold to do arena. all of your gear and gems all are provided by points. only thing might be enchants..
    Really show me where i can get +320 str gems for honor thanks or metas

Quote Originally Posted by Mkeoughjr View Post
    ... i just think i should be rewarded for what i like to do, like the pve players are rewarded for what they like to do sounds fair to me[COLOR="red"]

Ok then why dont developers give pve players consequences for not pvping? Since the pvp players have consequences for not pvein, you make no sense, its a game u should play it for what u like about it and be rewarded in some way
    How many PvE'rs enjoy the Dailies. It is common for any/all players to complain about the content they don't like. Look around and see how many PvE'rs, or at least those that consume all content, say about dailies. Not liking to do dailies doesn't get those guys off the hook.

The consequence for not doing PvP is not having PvP gear. Not doing PvP does make certain achievements out of reach. There are consequences to not PvPing, they are small, but that is where PvP fits into this game. The major point still stands: If you exclude yourself from content, you exclude YOURSELF from those rewards.

Find one of the many ways to make gold that you can manage, and get on it. You have to be in it, to win it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ok didnt realize you deserve special treatment for being a pve player sorry what was i thinking.
    Gems at start about 800-1000 a piece u need about 12 gems usually, then enchants always high at start about 2-4k plus the huge weapon enchant usually, and yes some pvp players use flasks (i dont) but thats money for some, each season usually has a few sets throughout the patches, spending 15k on every set is well over what a pvp player makes yearly, so no i dnt deserve special treatment i just think i should be rewarded for what i like to do, like the pve players are rewarded for what they like to do sounds fair to me
    The difference is that you're rolling "PvE players" into one giant pot as if all of PvE were one "thing". And it's not.

Raiders have massive gold sinks for the basics that are expected of them. That's competitive PvE. If you're just faffing about with 5-man dungeons and dailies, that's the equivalent of random BGs and world PvP.

I raid, and I do NOT make money from raiding. It's a sink of a few thousand gold per week. If I want to make the gold to support that, I need to spend time doing other stuff; dailies and profession marketing and AH playing and the like. This is true across the board.

There's only one class of player who isn't forced to run content they don't particularly enjoy to make the gold to support their preferred gameplay optimization. Those players are those who actually like dailies and farming and profession marketing/AH profiteering. A large part of what goes into their enjoyment typically IS the making of gold.

In short; PvP players need to suck it up and do dailies/farm/play the AH like literally everyone else in the game. No free rides.

Deleted
    Indeed, pet battlers should also get gold. This is discrimination, only pveers get gold ((((((((((((((((

Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    How many PvE'rs enjoy the Dailies. It is common for any/all players to complain about the content they don't like. Look around and see how many PvE'rs, or at least those that consume all content, say about dailies. Not liking to do dailies doesn't get those guys off the hook.

The consequence for not doing PvP is not having PvP gear. Not doing PvP does make certain achievements out of reach. There are consequences to not PvPing, they are small, but that is where PvP fits into this game. The major point still stands: If you exclude yourself from content, you exclude YOURSELF from those rewards.

Find one of the many ways to make gold that you can manage, and get on it. You have to be in it, to win it.
    Still not good enough so pve players consequence is they cant get an achievement or gear they dnt want anyways? Our consequence is we get no gold to buy things that affect the game play of our characters? (Gems and enchant), once again doesnt seem to fair im not complaining when i wrote this i just wrote it as a thought it would be cool if we had a way to make our own money by what we like, pve players dont even have to do dailies raids and heroics give a good amount doing that everyday for them will make them way more than they need, im just saying we cant make money to cover our costs by doing what we like the way pve players can

They should/could just bring back some PvP dailies. You would get the gold from completing the quest while you are having fun doing what you like to do, that is pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The difference is that you're rolling "PvE players" into one giant pot as if all of PvE were one "thing". And it's not.

Raiders have massive gold sinks for the basics that are expected of them. That's competitive PvE. If you're just faffing about with 5-man dungeons and dailies, that's the equivalent of random BGs and world PvP.

I raid, and I do NOT make money from raiding. It's a sink of a few thousand gold per week. If I want to make the gold to support that, I need to spend time doing other stuff; dailies and profession marketing and AH playing and the like. This is true across the board.

There's only one class of player who isn't forced to run content they don't particularly enjoy to make the gold to support their preferred gameplay optimization. Those players are those who actually like dailies and farming and profession marketing/AH profiteering. A large part of what goes into their enjoyment typically IS the making of gold.

In short; PvP players need to suck it up and do dailies/farm/play the AH like literally everyone else in the game. No free rides.
    Not a free ride ur forced to do the dailies anyway if u like pve and are a raider, u raid then are locked out for a week nothing else to do we can chain que for bgs thus always be in a bg doing what we like, and once all the guilds have the raids on farm (which isnt hard anymore) raids are more profitable then what they actually spend, and most guilds have 100k+ gold u would think ur guild would provide the flasks for the people running the raid honestly

10+ Year Old Account
    pve players dont even have to do dailies raids and heroics give a good amount doing that everyday for them will make them way more than they need,
    You have no idea what you're talking about, because this isn't true. PvE players are absolutely doing things to make the gold to fund their funtimes. I won't be running heroics past these first few weeks. Raids only sort of become revenue-neutral once the content's on farm; prior to that they're huge money sinks, easily thousands of gold per week.

I don't know anyone who runs heroic 5-mans for gold. It's a ridiculously wasteful way to go about things.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 11:54 AM ----------

Not a free ride ur forced to do the dailies anyway if u like pve and are a raider, u raid then are locked out for a week nothing else to do we can chain que for bgs thus always be in a bg doing what we like, and once all the guilds have the raids on farm (which isnt hard anymore) raids are more profitable then what they actually spend, and most guilds have 100k+ gold u would think ur guild would provide the flasks for the people running the raid honestly
    Yup, no clue what you're talking about.

If guilds have content on farm, then what they're doing is farming. They're repeating content they've beaten for the purpose of making gold. You cannot compare farm raid content to competitive BGs. Apples and oranges.

A lot of raiders simply stop raiding if they're geared and the content's on farm. They don't keep at it week after week, unless they're doing it for gold, and that's no different than any other kind of farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankylol View Post
    They should/could just bring back some PvP dailies. You would get the gold from completing the quest while you are having fun doing what you like to do, that is pvp.
    Exactly thats all i was trying to get at, bring pvp dailies (bg and arena) or even world for people that world pvp, orgive us a satchel for wins that has a few gold and a fee random mats to sell, or compensate us on how well we do inside the bg or arena due to kbs hks dmg done points earned for team or healing done for healers