Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Never tested this but does the mastery buff you get from our Monk daily persist through death? Seems like shortly before you were going to pull you could port out and pick up the +1000 mastery buff but not sure if I"d bother on progression if it is only good for one pull.
    I... dunno, actually. I'll test it on Stone Guards tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Planning on them killing you? =)
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

It does persist through death, tested it yesterday. Though after a while the mouseover info was showing the extra XP buff but I did have the buffed mastery in my stats i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Planning on them killing you? =)
    Well it's Heroic, so hopefully we'll one shot it, but I'm a very cynical person, so somehow I doubt we will

Quote Originally Posted by Discostu View Post
    It does persist through death, tested it yesterday. Though after a while the mouseover info was showing the extra XP buff but I did have the buffed mastery in my stats i believe.
    Hmm... well I'ma still test it. Extra mastery won't hurt.

EDIT: so it does! Hooray!

Deleted
    Monks when played properly take much less damage overall than other tanks, we have the tools available to mitigate a lot, and have a couple of "ohh shit" buttons.

Just ensure that they are keeping shuffle up at all times during his melee attacks (you can build this up when he is doing his aoe swings and not hitting anyone, as well as build up elusive brew stacks during this time). that way during his melee burst you can use your chi for things like chi wave/guard to help the healers out.

Also, the mastery buff does persist through death

Your monk heal is using uplift too much. Ask him to spend more Chi on Envelopping mist (maybe it's him healing the monk ?)

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: so it does! Hooray!
    Your welcome =)

Have to say I'm probably going to need to do some LFR runs just to practice Will. I only got the buff 1/3 of the time though at most I would only get hit once per combo. Still frustrating but only 2nd time I've ever seen the fight.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.