Thread: Healing Spheres

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Healing Spheres

So are these poised to be nerfed into worthlessness?
    Healing Sphere now lasts 10 sec, down from 2 min.
    I'd spit out 3 while prep'ing for a pull, does any spec actually use this mid combat? Sounds like a light well that always poofs one second before you were about to click it.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As always, I'm sure it had something to do pvp. Mistweavers would drop 3 spheres and transcendence behind a pillar prior to fighting. Can't do that now.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

I seriously seriously doubt it had anything to do with pvp. Monks are the least represented class in arena.

I'm not sure what blizzard's goal is with healing sphere. They are extremely awkward and at times difficult to use.

They didnt only nerf the duration, but it is now on a 0.5 second cooldown rather then nothing. This'll no doubt impact on our spammy selfhealing capabilities (i say selfhealing cause usually when i mass click an ally in order to heal him this way, its nowhere near as effective, even if target is standing still).

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this effect Gift of the Ox or Gift of the Serpent?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    most likely not. its more directed at the ability
    you can still glyph it i suppose if you want to waste a major slot. but for 10seconds at 60 energy, its something that you will place on your bars and forget about it on how useless its going to be.

Deleted
    This is most hilarious "nerf" i've heard for a while. I use those spheres maybe out of combat even tehn i probably forget them and just use something else like food buff..

This wasn't mentioned in PTR patch notes, in fact we got 0 changes by the looks of it. Might have been datamining error.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a joke, healing sphere is already one of our most useless abilities, I can count the number of times I've seen people actually running through them on one hand.

Deleted
    I actually find healing sphere quite usefull, just not for (what I think is) its intended purpose. I usually cast them on top of people that require healing. It's a fast, cheap and decently sized heal. It just requires some practice to use since targeting is more specific.

But if it's not a datamining error and actually being changed to 10 sec, then this will pretty much be the only way to use them. People allready have trouble walking over them given a 2 min time span.

Idea : instead of having a glyph that increases the duration to 3 mins, have the glyph make it easier for people to pick them up. Like increasing the pick up radius or something.

If I hadn't seen this thread, I probably wouldn't have even noticed the change if it indeed went to live. I don't think I've used Healing Sphere once. I just see it as another Lightwell, only even worse because players have to physically move over to the orb to receive healing rather than just clicking on it like they can for Lightwell.

The change is just weird, no clue what Blizzard is thinking. They should rather focus on fixing some stuff on Monk then putting dumb nerfs into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Arisu View Post
    I actually find healing sphere quite usefull, just not for (what I think is) its intended purpose. I usually cast them on top of people that require healing. It's a fast, cheap and decently sized heal. It just requires some practice to use since targeting is more specific.

But if it's not a datamining error and actually being changed to 10 sec, then this will pretty much be the only way to use them. People allready have trouble walking over them given a 2 min time span.

Idea : instead of having a glyph that increases the duration to 3 mins, have the glyph make it easier for people to pick them up. Like increasing the pick up radius or something.
    To what? 10 yards? 20?

It's been a running gag with a dps friend of mine on how many will be sitting there after a pull, unused. So far, ~23 after a pull (actually 3 pulls, 1 by the tank and 2 by different dps that the tank picked up).
    Last edited by Nalnik; 2012-10-24 at 09:08 AM.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

Lets face it all. Monks are simply too good!
    And so were Healing Spheres.

True Story.

Seems kinda weird that they would nerf Healing Sphere. Aside from dropping those pre-pull I never really had much use of it, pretty sure case is somewhat similar for most of you guys too. Hope they are at least planning to buff it's hp or reduce its energy cost so that its practical to use in combat.

They helped a lot with soloing dungeons though so It's a shame that this is getting nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    According to the front page, Mastery: Gift of the Serpent now has a 60 sec duration for the summoned Healing Sphere.

I would say that means the change also affects GotO, so we'll have to be a lot better at picking them up as soon as they spawn.

As for the actual spell .. I only use that as BrM when running back somewhere after a wipe, so 10sec duration doesn't make much difference.

So .. overall, GotO gets nerfed by this, and GotS gets a smaller nerf. I won't mind that if they increase the pickup radius a bit, too.

Deleted
    well if you could accuratly place the orb on the person you wanted to heal the healing orb is one of our best heals a monk has its instant and not that expensive and still heals for like 30+k for my gear. but i would never use them as a if you need healing go to that spot that i have setup kinda thing. so the 2 min or 10 sec duration wouldn;t matter cause the only time i used it is to put it ontop of people for instant healing. healing somebody 3 times directly with a orb is more healing then a surging mist for less mana. but the annoying thing is in a 10 man or 25 man raid the only people you can reliable heal with it is a tank cause the rest you can't really target especially when stacked

Time to throw this skill from my actionbar. I only use it with transcendence at the start of an arena fight. Useless now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    What a joke, healing sphere is already one of our most useless abilities, I can count the number of times I've seen people actually running through them on one hand.
    When I was farming Wailing Caverns for my transmog I would jump off the top parts and then cast them in front of me to heal up. Pretty sure I used 6 or so per run so you'd need two hands =P Sadly I'm too lazy to top myself off running back from wipes with it, feast or healer will take care of that.

I do cast them before boss fights though I assume anyone that gets healed by them is purely accidental.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

How can you all be so clueless?

You can pop 3 next to a tank for a nice instant heal if he sidesteps during a damage spike.

In PvP they are super high HPS while moving and with no castbar.

EDIT: they are also incredibly mana efficient.