Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Xelnath Fired - This is Unacceptable

Of course, Blizzard is free to make decisions as a company independent of what its players have to say, but we do carry a lot of influence. There is no doubt that game quality for Warlocks, perhaps even for other classes, will decrease with Xelnath being gone. There is going to be no one sticking up for us anymore for the next little while. This is BAD NEWS.

Speak out on the official Blizzard forums.

US THREAD:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933836292#1

EU THREAD:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5723494340

10+ Year Old Account
    He got fired for wanting to make the game better? GG Activision Blizzard.
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulan1993 View Post
    It's incredibly stupid.

I can't believe how deluded people on the internet must be for thinking that this will change anything. You have absolutely no idea how "the world" works and think everything is can be "made fine" just with you wanting something. If what he says is really true and this guy is really working for blizzard he got fired because he messed up big time. We are not living in Equestria, this is not My Little Pony.
    Last edited by I-Thalos-I; 2012-10-25 at 02:08 AM.

He got fired cause he got mad like a child and started raging online. Apart of his job is to work with other people and he lost his cool. It happens to everyone now and again but it was extreamly childish. IMO he sounds like a few guys I have met, a whiny douche. IRL he probably complains about everything and is a pessimist. That's IMO. Here is a fact. The blizzard code monkeys love WoW and want to make everyone happy. They can't. Just because this guy got fired/quit doesn't mean it's bad news. OP ~ " There is no doubt that game quality for Warlocks, perhaps even for other classes, will decrease with Xelnath being gone. There is going to be no one sticking up for us anymore for the next little while." Are you kidding me OP? I hope you're a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulan1993 View Post
    From what he said in his own thread, he got fired for shooting his mouth off. Sounds like what might have happened at pretty much any place of business in existence. Insubordination is a thing y'know.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Thalos-I View Post
    I can't believe how deluded people on the internet must be for thinking that this will change anything. You have absolutely no idea how "the world" works and think everything is can be "made fine" just with you wanting something. If what he says is really true and this guy is really working for blizzard he got fired because he messed up big time.
    do a follow up on post history .... he announced tons of changes before they got made public
    either he is the best psychic in the world or he work for blizzard ... you tell me
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

It seems that he got into some drama with his team, I don't think he got fired because of what he posted publicly here. Hopefully he wanted to leave Blizzard anyway, do other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    do a follow up on post history .... he announced tons of changes before they got made public
    either he is the best psychic in the world or he work for blizzard ... you tell me
    There is an "IF" in this sentence for a reason. Not to bring this further off topic but people should really stop believing everything that's written on the internet. ----> http://youtu.be/rdneEKrYUVY

The point of my post still stands true. The reason the guy got fire (if true) was not because Blizzard is EVUL SATAN himself but because the guy messed up. "Xelnath" even said so himself.

Quote Originally Posted by yyil View Post
    He got fired cause he got mad like a child and started raging online. Apart of his job is to work with other people and he lost his cool. It happens to everyone now and again but it was extreamly childish. IMO he sounds like a few guys I have met, a whiny douche. IRL he probably complains about everything and is a pessimist. That's IMO. Here is a fact. The blizzard code monkeys love WoW and want to make everyone happy. They can't. Just because this guy got fired/quit doesn't mean it's bad news. OP ~ " There is no doubt that game quality for Warlocks, perhaps even for other classes, will decrease with Xelnath being gone. There is going to be no one sticking up for us anymore for the next little while." Are you kidding me OP? I hope you're a teenager.
    didn't Kozik call a former colleague a dumb fuck or some shit?

Guess he and Blizzard didn't see eye to eye. Such is life.

Few things I don't understand really..

As a start.. why the hell some dudes here are going all out on him being bad and painting his action like they caused Cataclysm.. the Xpac that is.. to suck.. it makes no sense!!

Another thing, losing your cool for a moment don't warrant insta termination, it ain't slavery, its mutual interest in the work that drives everyone, If the employee has an excellent performance, having one of these moments is not the end of the world.. for all we know he was under some intense pressure.. cut him some slack damn it.

Also, the effort he put into making the warlock class is insane.. everyday.. every single day... Xelnath posted on these very forums asking for feedback, and looking to better the class as best he could..

I don't know.. I just don't find this fair.. nor just.. it doesn't even make sense damn it!

He started cursing people out during a meeting lol.

An unprofessional jackass lost his job? Who'd have thought?

Quote Originally Posted by yyil View Post
    He started cursing people out during a meeting lol.
    Is that you Ghostcrawler?

Xel was prob the guy who though it was an awesome idea to give warlocks more fears. HE deff was listening to the lock community.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty Snakes View Post
    An unprofessional jackass lost his job? Who'd have thought?
    Yet Jay Wilson never lost his job for saying "Fuck that loser". Hmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Yet Jay Wilson never lost his job for saying "Fuck that loser". Hmmmmmm.
    lmao. this. so much this.
    And this was public.

Ok, some trolls around here... Somebody lock this thread.

Well no-one really knows why he got fired... what he said isn't necessarily the whole truth, or very accurate. he is hardly likely to admit it if he was a bit dickish is he