10+ Year Old Account

Windwalker and Tiger Palm Annoying

Does anyone find it annoying and tedious to constantly use Tiger Palm? I feel the buff should last longer than 20 seconds. Or possibly the buff is just one stack of 30% instead of three stacks from three uses.
    Last edited by Zeglo; 2012-10-25 at 12:26 AM.

Well assuming this is for boss fights, I really don't see the problem once you have the 30% buff running. 20 seconds is ample amount of time in my opinion. I main as a Retribution Paladin and I have to use 3 HP to keep up Inquisition. While leveling my Monk (Currently 88) I find it much easier to keep that buff up than Inquisition and without spending a huge resource.

Be glad it's not Inquisition, Savage Roar, or Slice and Dice. This is also one of the reasons why you should probably use the time while leveling to figure out if you would like that kind of rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel 20seconds is enough time. Most of the time a free poc will come along and make things even easier to keep it up.

You got one chi left in your pool, waiting for energy, and nothing costing 3 chi is up for a while.

This happens often.

Tiger Palm maintenence is hard how?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    Well assuming this is for boss fights, I really don't see the problem once you have the 30% buff running. 20 seconds is ample amount of time in my opinion. I main as a Retribution Paladin and I have to use 3 HP to keep up Inquisition. While leveling my Monk (Currently 88) I find it much easier to keep that buff up than Inquisition and without spending a huge resource.
    This. You'll get used to it eventually, when I first started ret I hated keeping Inq up, doesn't bother me now. (I know it's not inq but it's the same mechanic).

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it annoying as well only because it's a boring, lazy mechanic. It's not at all engaging to hit a button three times that does not add to the Chi pool, does not do respectable damage and provides no utility. It'd be like mages having to cast Arcane Explosion three times before starting their rotation. I don't mind the duration, it's the stacks that are silly.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Yes, it's dumb, but it's the most interesting mechanic Blizzard can come up with. Pretty much every class has some sort of buff they need to maintain. Fun fun fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, well I am not yet 80. I guess Mastery solves a lot of issues? I realize it may have been unwise to mention the issue before max. Based on responses, I feel it will get better.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is annoying to maintain while leveling and in aoe, but single target isn't so bad.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping it up on bosses is really easy, the biggest problem i see is that you lose it on almost all bosses phases switch, and on a lot of adds transition.

While leveling it's really a pain, you have to kill the mob with TP or you willl lose it before you can pull the next mob.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    Oh, well I am not yet 80. I guess Mastery solves a lot of issues? I realize it may have been unwise to mention the issue before max. Based on responses, I feel it will get better.
    Not really since mastery is our worst stat, having so little of it doesn't make TP procs reliable for keeping it up. Maybe in full epic gear it will be more viable, but at 463 ilvl it isn't enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    mastery gives you free tiger palms. so use that to maintain your buff. its really easy to keep the buff up once you have 3stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    This x1000. I've swapped mains from Ret to WW and having to keep up the buff from Tiger Palm is so much less of a drag than Inquisition. The mastery procs really help too.