Thread: Healing Spheres

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    How can you all be so clueless?

You can pop 3 next to a tank for a nice instant heal if he sidesteps during a damage spike.

In PvP they are super high HPS while moving and with no castbar.

EDIT: they are also incredibly mana efficient.
    No need to get snippy, cupcake.

I think the main reason for the nerf is not because of clever play such as creating a trancendance switch with 3 globes @ the other end waiting for you (pvp pro tips!).

It is because during pve fights globes are all over the place, and arena, basically any long term fight with Brewmasters and Mistweavers, these globes are everywhere, and it's obviously taking a toll on the servers and/or looks messy or unintended.

It's a real shame because this greatly effects Windwalker who would prestack them for a later use, now except for the occasional 'oh crap need heals' situation, they'll be never used.
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's try to keep it civil here, okay?
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    -Snip-
    For BrM and WW they will become horribly worthless because they have a cast time and cost a lot of energy better spent on a million other things. Precasting before a boss fight or PVP event was about the only point they served already.

If you want to comment on MW specifically there is probably a more civil way to phrase it =P
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    So blizzard didn't like how useless mistweavers mastery already was for 95% of the raiding community. Now they changed it so at the end of the fight it doesn't seem as useless anymore since there will be less orbs lying around everywhere.
    Seems legit. Out of sight out of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    For BrM and WW they will become horribly worthless because they have a cast time and cost a lot of energy better spent on a million other things. Precasting before a boss fight or PVP event was about the only point they served already.

If you want to comment on MW specifically there is probably a more civil way to phrase it =P
    Healing Sphere is instant cast for all specs. I use them sometimes while questing if Expel Harm is down between mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by lauryn View Post
    So blizzard didn't like how useless mistweavers mastery already was for 95% of the raiding community. Now they changed it so at the end of the fight it doesn't seem as useless anymore since there will be less orbs lying around everywhere.
    Seems legit. Out of sight out of mind.
    Healing Sphere is different than Gift of the Serpent, Gift of the Ox, and Afterlife. They're all completely different other than the fact that they all look like Healing Sphere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JRule View Post
    Healing Sphere is instant cast for all specs. I use them sometimes while questing if Expel Harm is down between mobs.
    My mistake, the 60 energy cost makes it feel like it has a cast time haha. I've still never used them during combat why not spend the energy generating Chi for a Chi Wave instead?
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    I die not refer to The spell healing sphere but to the mistweaver mastery, if it actually lasts longer than 60 seconds at the moment.

Healing sphere is instant cast for all specs. I use them sometimes while questing if Expel Harm is down between mobs.
    You almost certainly took more dmg by wasting 60 energy which you could have used to kill the next mob faster.
    Last edited by Wushu; 2012-10-25 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    Healing Sphere is different than Gift of the Serpent, Gift of the Ox, and Afterlife. They're all completely different other than the fact that they all look like Healing Sphere.
    They do count as healing spheres though, as the glyph of the Enduring Healing Sphere also extends the duration of the Gift of the Ox orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by shedi View Post
    they do count as healing spheres though, as the glyph of the enduring healing sphere also extends the duration of the gift of the ox orbs.
    it does? What about the serpent spheres?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wushu View Post
    it does? What about the serpent spheres?
    Don't know, but probably works too. On most bosses I use the Healing Sphere glyph while tanking, and after a while there are like a gazillion orbs on either side of me, so whenever I get really low on health, I just take a step and BAM I'm full health (or close to) again.

Yah tank glyph options are quite small. Guard and Fortifying brew are the only ones of any real use...

Deleted
    i think the nerf is about to hit those spheres created by downing a mob (brewmaster and windwalker) NOT those pheres that cost 60 energy. what i think most funny on this skill is, that while most uf us surely played diablo3 and are used to run through spheres - noone does in wow though ... i wonder if this is because they are green, instead of red ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    What a joke, healing sphere is already one of our most useless abilities, I can count the number of times I've seen people actually running through them on one hand.
    I'm not really sure you even need the hand.

looks like they buffed the hell out of them.

On a sidenote, how many tanks are still trying to get into the habit of using those damn Orbs? Not our (BrM) healing orbs, because I really don't have the expendable energy to be casting a 60 Energy small heal, that's much better served generating Chi for more Shuffle. But I've grouped with a handful of Mistweavers and it is so hard to get into the habit of using those Orbs when needed. I'm sure the MW variation offers a substantial amount of healing, but damn, hunting down those orbs is -not- near the top of my priority list at the moment. That could all change if I ran consistently with a MW though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our top healer is a MW, already in the habit of picking up my own GotO orbs I take full advantage of the big ones floating around from him. Problem for us I see is DPS not being good about using them since they spawned because they took damage in the first place....

Way to many floating around at the end of a fight but at least now they explode for an AoE heal.
    [/URL]