Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If I wanted to get into PvP...

If I wanted to get into PvP relatively competitively and I am an average player. Would there be a class that might be a good starting point? IE one that is not overly complex to PvP with, or easy to learn and do decently? I have a buddy that will more than likely be a feral or resto druid, (my main is a WW monk, but for PvP I am not locked in to that class). I am not looking for something that's OP, although I am not opposed to that I just do like to be hit with the nerf bat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd_rage View Post
    If I wanted to get into PvP relatively competitively and I am an average player. Would there be a class that might be a good starting point? IE one that is not overly complex to PvP with, or easy to learn and do decently? I have a buddy that will more than likely be a feral or resto druid, (my main is a WW monk, but for PvP I am not locked in to that class). I am not looking for something that's OP, although I am not opposed to that I just do like to be hit with the nerf bat.
    Go warrior, it has been bad in one single season over the whole life of arena seasons (S5), is absurdly easy to play and the very nature of the mechanics of this class makes it impossible to be nerfed below average.

And as all class, it is easy to learn but hard to master (to a very little extent compared to others but still) so you should have fun for quite a long time.

Deleted
    roll mage, lol @ people trying to get within 10yards of you.

Quote Originally Posted by dbd_rage View Post
    If you want to get into competitive pvp, don't play Wow.

Deleted
    I give this 10 posts maximum before it turns into a "class X is faceroll and easymode while my class has the highest skillcap in the game atm" and all that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    Go warrior, it has been bad in one single season over the whole life of arena seasons (S5), is absurdly easy to play and the very nature of the mechanics of this class makes it impossible to be nerfed below average.

And as all class, it is easy to learn but hard to master (to a very little extent compared to others but still) so you should have fun for quite a long time.
    Warriors were terrible for the last year and a half, basically to the point of being the only crap PvP class.

OP, I think you'd be best off just getting into it on your monk. There's a lot to learn, and the sooner you start the better. I don't think there are really any outlier classes in terms of difficulty anymore. Monks actually look pretty good for teaching you some fairly diverse class mechanics too--between their movement, dispelling, ranged abilities, multiple CCs, and light positional benefits I think you'll at least be able to get a feel for the game as a whole and make your own decision about what suits you best in the end. In the meantime, monks are pretty decent. They seem to have a lot of control and possibly above average sustained damage, they just lack the burst that's currently defining the few top classes.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I give this 10 posts maximum before it turns into a "class X is faceroll and easymode while my class has the highest skillcap in the game atm" and all that shit.
    yeah stopped going on these forums a while ago. it's just degraded into 14 year old kids ranting about their classes
    this game sucks

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    yeah stopped going on these forums a while ago. it's just degraded into 14 year old kids ranting about their classes
    But you're here now..

10+ Year Old Account
    Any melee besides Rogue or Feral is easy to play. Just pick any one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    But you're here now..
    should have said stopped frequenting, i come here once in a while hoping things have improved then leave disappointed
    this game sucks

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    roll mage, lol @ people trying to get within 10yards of you.
    Dont roll mage, you will constantly get harassed by noobs like this guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Dont roll mage, you will constantly get harassed by noobs like this guy.
    Well he's right. Mages have been the top dogs in PvP since TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Any dps should be able to reach a mage in mop. Everybody has the tools needed, mages have way less tools to kite compared to before. The QQ is pointless atm.

Deleted
    Any dps should be able to reach a mage in mop. Everybody has the tools needed, mages have way less tools to kite compared to before. The QQ is pointless atm.
    They have hardly been pushed off their pedastal, getting into a mages range is one thing, killing them before they kill you is another.

They have hardly been pushed off their pedastal, getting into a mages range is one thing, killing them before they kill you is another.
    Maybe with deep freeze. Other than frozen orb, they have only one way to get one proc of fingers of frost. That will not kill you. They have two roots both with 25 sec cd, is that the problem? I could understand how reaching a mage could be a problem in cata, with a 8 sec cd root but now.. Come on.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    stopped going on these forums and yet here you are. your post makes little sense.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 07:14 PM ----------

should have said stopped frequenting, i come here once in a while hoping things have improved then leave disappointed
    damn, you beat me to it.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Deleted
    Maybe with deep freeze. Other than frozen orb, they have only one way to get one proc of fingers of frost. That will not kill you. They have two roots both with 25 sec cd, is that the problem? I could understand how reaching a mage could be a problem in cata, with a 8 sec cd root but now.. Come on.
    8 seconds of root downtime! Oh no! It's like mages have no sort of cooldowns or stuns or slows or anything to bypass this.

Face it, the only reason mages are not whined about is because they are directly counter by warriors and hunter's now, lesser extent Ferals.

8 seconds of root downtime! Oh no! It's like mages have no sort of cooldowns or stuns or slows or anything to bypass this.

Face it, the only reason mages are not whined about is because they are directly counter by warriors and hunter's now, lesser extent Ferals.
    Rets, DKs, Warriors and hunters and every ranged class should be able to kill a mage. They can be outplayed.

In a duel scenario.. 2 freedoms, emancipate, bubble+trinket for deeps. Ranged judgment hammer of wrath and exorcism.

Dks.. grip after grip. Strangulate. The pet. Simulacrum. AMS. Do I really need to mention the ranged damage a dk can do?

Did you ever think why high rated players never complain about mages? I don't mean much by high, after these nerfs(that nerf is more than 8 sec root downtime) anyone above even 2k rating will not complain about mages.

Deleted
    Rets, DKs, Warriors and hunters and every ranged class should be able to kill a mage. They can be outplayed.

In a duel scenario.. 2 freedoms, emancipate, bubble+trinket for deeps. Ranged judgment hammer of wrath and exorcism.

Dks.. grip after grip. Strangulate. The pet. Simulacrum. AMS. Do I really need to mention the ranged damage a dk can do?

Did you ever think why high rated players never complain about mages? I don't mean much by high, after these nerfs(that nerf is more than 8 sec root downtime) anyone above even 2k rating will not complain about mages.
    Your ideas are quite hilarious to listen to. Basically, you list alot of theoreticals of what classes to do, yet quite obviously, you have never played these specs. Ranged Judgement? How is this an Amazing boon? Freedom? With fingers of frost you do your huge damage anyway, I am glad you brought up Retribution, because as a Mage you can completely destroy the one edge a retribution paladin has by casting Ice block to avoid his wings burst.

DK, well, this one is a little more special, but you still point out very obviously flaws, Blink has a much shorter cooldown than grasp. Strangulate can easily be counter by counterspell in return, remember? Simulacrum is not a game changer unless he catches a stun or something and AMS lasts for hardly enough time to be killed. You also mention pet and then range damage, yet you forget it's Unholy with the pet and Frost with the Semi ranged aspect.

As a final note I'll add people not complaining about Mages because people at 2k were either playing mages or counterpicks just as strong as mages or were simply so good and predicting a mage they could counter them.

Either way, Mages are still stable and still one of the top 5, both fire and frost now.

Since TBC? As in during? Mages were pretty bad during TBC. Warlocks and spriests were extremely prevalent and both were pretty hard counters to a mage. But maybe I don't know the definition of the word "since" in which case I'm dumb.