Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Are you forgetting orc and troll racials which are superior to any extra dps trinkets?
    You - can't - make a thread about Alliance races / racials and then speak of Horde racials as if they're some sort of option. For the Alliance, it's the best, simple as that.
    Bleh

I play alliance but I hate their races, dont plan on switching though.

I find the nelf racial a little better though, depends on the situation. Nothing beats a well time shadowmeld during a burst right before an expected crit.

If Humans didnt have a +rep and pvp trinket, ide play a gnome

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    You - can't - make a thread about Alliance races / racials and then speak of Horde racials as if they're some sort of option. For the Alliance, it's the best, simple as that.
    But its not though the extra crit with worgen and sprint makes a worgen a better choice. Even a gnome would be good too.

Racial Trinket
    Rep bonus
    Expertise bonus

And I actually like being a Human.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Racial Trinket
    Rep bonus
    Expertise bonus

And I actually like being a Human.

Your rating isn't very high though so it seems the racial trinket isn't much use to be honest mate.

Deleted
    Your rating isn't very high though so it seems the racial trinket isn't much use to be honest mate.
    really? take your rating bashing to the offiical forums

$100 your a s9/s12 warrior hero cy@

Because the racial is so broken that it warrants being human
    Macbook Pro i7 2.66GHz OSX Snow Leopard Bootcamp Windows 7 Ultimate
    Mac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz 8GB DDR2 NVidia GeForce 7800GT

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxed060 View Post
    Because the racial is so broken that it warrants being human
    Arena ladder and rated bgs says different.

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 04:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by detri View Post
    really? take your rating bashing to the offiical forums

$100 your a s9/s12 warrior hero cy@
    Wasn't bashing. Just saying his rating didn't seem to reflect on how "op" his racials are.

Arena ladder and rated bgs says different.

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 04:39 AM ----------

Wasn't bashing. Just saying his rating didn't seem to reflect on how "op" his racials are.
    Even if that's true, that doesn't change the fact that it's more useful to him than the other alliance racial skills. Also, just looking over the most highly related alliance players on arena junkies shows that what seems to be a majority of the top alliance players are human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human female model is awesome. It's got some of the crispest, most responsive animations in the game and a really nice form and proportion for displaying armor. I pick Human because I've tried literally everything, and... I like Human best.

I also have to agree that every time I'm on a nonhuman race and get hit by one of 7 billion annoying stun/incap/disorient/etc abilities, I find myself going "WHERE IS MY TRINKET RACIAL" and spiking an urge to race change. (including, in fact especially in, PvE where I otherwise wouldn't have a trinket solution)

But mostly it's for looks / feel.

I really like the casting animations. Rep is nice too :P

Source for the statistic that 90% of Alliance players pick humans.

Why not play a human if you're playing Alliance? I mean, you guys have humans, short humans, short hairy humans, humans that turn into wolves, elves and aliens. There isn't a ton of variety there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because High Elves are not a playable race yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Wow is a role-playing game. I find it easiest to put myself in the shoes of a human. I always find it interesting how regular humans react to being put into a mess-up world. Add in good racials, engaging lore, cool architecture and i'm sold.

Lets look at this from a different perspective. What does The Walking dead focus on? humans. Lord of the rings? humans. Star trek? humans. Star wars? humans. warhammer? humans. The elder scrolls? humans. One of the cornerstones of storytelling is putting humans in wacky places. Even the 10 other races in warcraft still act and look like humans. Sure, some are animal hybrid or have strange features, but they are still humanoids. The fact is that humans are designed to hear stories about other humans. Its really hard to get someone to root for a dog or length of rope unless you personify them.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Human lore is wonderful!
    2. Paladin choices in Vanilla were limited.
    3. RP.
    4. Our rep racial is the most time-saving thing in the world. ( Made pre-pre-nerfed insane grind a lot less painful )
    5. A lot of armor looks good on humans for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

[xD =) nice post

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 10:32 PM ----------

lol sorry wrong post

PvP trinket racial is broken as fuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    I play a human. Actually at first I was a dwarf, but when I rerolled my main became human. First off I like playing humans/human factions in games. I like the idea of humanity winning despite the fact that we're usually not the strongest, fastest, or even the smartest in many game universes, but we manage to get by out of sheer grit and perseverance. Nothing is handed to a human, and I like that from a thematic standpoint.

Also...the racials are, and always have been, really good.