Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb What is your suggestion for a Fists of Fury replacement?

Fists of Fury (FOF) unanimously is flawed, at the very least it feels odd to use an ability like this as a melee class, and while I agree with you and most would, I believe these comments are pointless.

What we need to do as a community is to creatively think of an alternative, using other class abilities/designs that work a what ability either completely new or modified should replace FOF?

Your suggestion should technically be constrained around FOF's rules & purpose, which in my opinion appears to be:

• Part of normal rotation
    • A strong CC in both PVE & PVP
    • A weak secondary AOE move
    • An expensive & non instant ability

All suggestions will be submitted to Blizzard Development and official forums, since this is meant to be a constructive post about this ability I feel it will get noticed and hopefully influence it's re-design.

Bonus points for naming your suggestion!
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

10+ Year Old Account
    Ten Palm Strike
    Instant Cast | 30 Sec cooldown.

Unleash your stored Chi in a devastating strike, dealing X damage for every Chi spent up to 3 Chi. Every Chi spent will cause the strike to deal 50% of its primary damage to 2 additional targets within melee range, up to a maximum of 5 extra targets. When 3 Chi is spent on Ten Palm Strike, affected targets will be stunned for 3 sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I remember reading a suggestion for FoF which also addressed WW's low cleave dps. As I remember it, the suggestion was to tune FoF's damage down, but to make it hit for full damage on 1-2 targets not counting the primary target. Maybe allowing it to be channeled or giving it the same movement properties as Spinning Crane Kick would help with WW's imposed rotational movement issues.

Wind Slash
    3 Chi
    Instantly cast - 30 sec cooldown

Rip through 5 targets in a straight line in front of you dealing X nature damage over 5 seconds, all targets hit will be stunned for 4 seconds. Refreshes your Tiger Power buff.

X = exact same damage as FOF.

Really important that this ability displays a very bright green slash in a forward motion, this allows us to get comfortable and understand it's distance, as a pose to some invisible wave of pulsating stun damage that we currently have.

Reason:
    Instant cast means ease of use and far more suitable for melee, as melee classes pretty much have no casting abilities.

Damage as a dot and a 5 second duration is done to similate the time it would take if you were channeling FOF, since the damage is the same anyway it's done just so it doesn't cause problems with burst in pvp (although it would be nice to have this).

Ultimately this ability is far more controlled while still doing the same damage and providing the same CC as before (perhaps slightly less cc but having it instant cast makes up for that).
    Last edited by Smashpanda; 2012-10-28 at 05:24 AM.

Deleted
    I wouldn't ask for it to be replaced, just adjusted so we can use it while moving as other classes have similar abilities with flexibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    I wouldn't ask for it to be replaced, just adjusted so we can use it while moving as other classes have similar abilities with flexibility.
    Don't complain until you have to play an Arcane mage. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy fists of fury. It's my favorite ability so far right behind Invoke Xuen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Not complaining, merely a suggestion that would improve 'quality of life' for a Windwalker Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    FoF doesn't need to be changed, but if I were going to change one thing I would lower the channel time to 3s baseline.

While it is a bit clunky to have a DPS cooldown tied to a CC cooldown (kind of reminds me of the original Shamanistic Rage in a way), I also sort of like that about the spec.

So, to me, the only thing you have to do to fix it is allow movement while it's 'channeling'. Keeps all the flavor and intent of the spell, but improves practicality and ease of use by allowing it to be adjusted and aimed over time. And come on, fists of fury? Rapidly punching at enemies like some ninja? What more could you possibly ask for in a game? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    LOL, so all 3 mage specs dont absolutely dominate the meters and you go QQ....
    Most classes are lucky to have even one spec that can compete with mages in dps.

So dry up those tears, and go make me a sammich.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish it functioned without stopping your autoattacks, that really bothers me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wushu View Post
    LOL, so all 3 mage specs dont absolutely dominate the meters and you go QQ....
    Most classes are lucky to have even one spec that can compete with mages in dps.

So dry up those tears, and go make me a sammich.
    The person never said mages were bad in dps.. they were talking about having Mobility while dpsing.. please read before bashing

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I wish it functioned without stopping your autoattacks, that really bothers me.
    But how can you autoattack when your fists are already flying a mile a minute! Although you bring up a good point, I wonder how much that is an artifact of the original no autoattack design.

Why does this need to be replaced? Its a great aoe control tool.

Fists of fury make me feel like a Dragonball Z character. :]

Glyph makes it not stun but useable while moving, and make it do the same damage it does now to the primary and that same amount of damage again split between remaining targets.

Right now FoF is only useful for dps on max three targets (but probably just two) because you do not auto-attack or use your rotation for its channel duration. Following this same design it should do increased damage to multi-targets to keep it on par with the increased damage you deal using crane kick on 4 targets. This is without making it a damage increase for windwalkers but actually making it useable on packs.

Basically it should do at least the same damage over its duration that you would have been doing had you continued using your other spells for that duration instead.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shukuku View Post
    Fists of fury make me feel like a Dragonball Z character. :]
    Funny, makes me think more of the Kachu Tenshin Amaguriken, from the Saotome School of Anything Goes Martial Arts
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    But how can you autoattack when your fists are already flying a mile a minute! Although you bring up a good point, I wonder how much that is an artifact of the original no autoattack design.
    Autoattack actually plays a large role in your overall dps, with the auto attack procs you do quite of autoattack damage, so missing out on 4 secs of this each time you cast FOF is not ideal, still tho fof does enough dmg apparently to justify it in your rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just suggest a glyph that allows you to use while moving, but removes the stun.