Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The reason Behind Mop's failure / an overview of the current state of the pvp

An overview of the current state of PvP in Mists. Expect a long wall of text.

Retri Paladins : Hand of Freedom spammer, insane flash of light heals ,strong survivability against all classes.
    Holy Paladins : aka "the new retri paladin" . Almost unkillable, not even at 3vs1 and a good damage dealer.
    BM Hunters : Pop's up Ghostcrawlers zoo owning everything.
    Resto Druids : "Hey look, i'm almost dead but look what happens when i click that, full hp".
    Resto shammans : nerfed
    Ele shammans : dem bursts
    Warriors : A shit class, filled with charges, insane heal after 35 % on hp.
    Shadow Priests : The bag of fears, stuns, counterspells.
    Warlock : Omg I can kill a warlock, hes at 35 % hp...oh shit... 100 % hp.
    Rogues : Dead
    Mages : Dead
    Monk : ?!?
    Blood Death Knight : Full pve, 20k crits on him and a high amount of hp. dafuq

If blizzard calls this balance among PvP lovers, then, they're drunk. Patch 5.1 brings Warrior nerfs and Mage nerfs, Hunters are getting buffed because they can cast spells while moving, good move blizzard.
    There are already to many people complaining and blizzard keeps crashing things. This game gone to shit and not worth playing anymore.
    The main reason is probably that shit firmware called Activision.
    Discuss.

off.
    Last edited by mmocef86eae999; 2012-10-28 at 12:12 PM.

failure? ...

i dont know who's the failure here...

Deleted
    Dunno when people will realize Activision doesn't make the game Blizzard does.

Where is this failure you speak of? As far as I'm aware Blizzard's sales numbers with this expansion are doing quite well, I would assume current subscriptions as well.

Last time I checked there was alot more to MoP then just PvP. Guess all the raids, dungeons, quests, mounts, and achievements are all insignificant to PvP for the entire WoW population.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is trifold:

- Too much CC, not enough and not effective enough counters.
    - Hybrid healing is too effective.
    - Burst damage is too severe on certain classes.

The fixes:

- Role checks for random BGs.
    - Locking hybrids out of most of their healing spells.
    - Certain burst fixes on the responsible classes.
    - Shared DR on all CCs and smaller break points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    i dont know about you but my server is still locked... real tell-tale sign of a dead game, Also PvP isnt balanced around 1v1 or even 3v3.

The guy above me also has no idea all the QQ those changes would bring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthefarmer View Post
    Ele shammans : dem bursts
    There is something absolutely wrong with your understanding of this game and your common sense in general if you name ele shamans among BM hunters, spriests and warriors. And at the same time you call mages dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earenbane View Post
    i dont know about you but my server is still locked... real tell-tale sign of a dead game, Also PvP isnt balanced around 1v1 or even 3v3.

The guy above me also has no idea all the QQ those changes would bring.
    There is an assumption in the above post that I happen to care if people QQ.

Hybrid tax is an organic necessity when Blizzard refuses to provide pures exclusive but equivocable utility and survivability.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    First post? Check. Troll post? Check.

Some of your points on some of the classes is just funny.. shadow priest, stuns and counterspells.. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't know why people think Mages are being nerfed in the next patch. We can still global you in the space of a Deep Freeze. Just not as often.

Deleted
    Discuss.

off.
    you're a bad ass

none of what you said really makes sense, I think you're just angry, or you can't sit down.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Well healers are very strong but still.I don't have any problems with other classes (expect mages as always)

as a rogue: i feel like a victim in pvp. pve is a-okay

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Priests : The bag of fears, stuns, counterspells.
    Fear, singular. Stuns? None. Counterspells? None. We do have a silence, and a pet fear that's about to get nerfed into uselessness. The better way to think about this is that in 5.1 we have 1 fear (psy scream), and 1 root (void tendrils, vs melee teams) or 1 mind control (vs caster teams).

Also to whoever listed shadow as being bursty alongside BM hunters and arms warriors, please explain to me what I'm doing wrong. Not to say Swifty videos are highly accurate documentaries, but shadow came in as one of the slowest TTK classes in his video - do I have some sort of Shadowfiend Stampede ability I don't know about or something? ;p
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

So I have a feeeling you are either a Shaman, Mage, or Rogue? Or maybe that is your 3's team and you guys are just bad, in general so you felt the need to rant about every other class and how "OP" they are. =/

"Retri Paladins : Hand of Freedom spammer, insane flash of light heals ,strong survivability against all classes."

Rofl.. You have no clue about Ret, do you?

Flash of light heals are only strong on others, it's called "selfless healer" which no Ret really likes but has to take due to crappy alternatives. All of Rets suvivability is based on being active and RNG. A Ret that is allowed to run around can heal himself very often and can be a nuisance. But if you focus the Ret and silence him, he dies so fucking fast, it's not even remotely funny. There is no passive mitigation, no real oh shit button besides the bubble, no defensive "stance" Nothing. He gets detroyed in toe to toe but is quite an annoying kiter.

Rets kite well and heal okay (as long as they're not trained). But they don't have a strong survivability, if you know what to do. And you obviously don't.

Rets dmg is also quite bad unless they pop wings and guardian. That dmg is quite amazing. But there is nothing to put pressure on anybody. No MS or NS like ability, no silence and only one lackluster kick. Nothing to break cc or to close gaps to really stick to one target. Ret's gameplay feels like a perma fear.

No, Ret is not strong. It's also no fun to play, since a melee and plate class should not run around like a chicken. I only agree with you that this addon once again offers a real bad balance.

Ret is not strong.. Rofl. But it's not hard to get 20:0 in BGs either. That's simply due to the freedom Rets mostly have during random BGs and their ability to finish from range while being quick on feet and thus mobile. In an Arena setting, a Ret is a sitting duck.

I saw "Mages : Dead" Then I left. Mages can 3-4 shot ppl.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The problem is trifold:

- Too much CC, not enough and not effective enough counters.
    - Hybrid healing is too effective.
    - Burst damage is too severe on certain classes.

The fixes:

- Role checks for random BGs.
    - Locking hybrids out of most of their healing spells.
    - Certain burst fixes on the responsible classes.
    - Shared DR on all CCs and smaller break points.
    Agreed with the problems, but healing fixes are already there, and they didn't do anything.

I'm not sure about druids and shamans but Shadow Priests and Retribution Paladins only have 2 heals at their disposal (Flash Heal, Binding heal; Flash of Light, Word of Glory). Fix here should be only lowering the healing amount these heals provide.

OT: You have no idea what are you talking about...
    Last edited by Demetrion; 2012-10-28 at 01:06 PM.