Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Rets, DKs, Warriors and hunters and every ranged class should be able to kill a mage. They can be outplayed.

In a duel scenario.. 2 freedoms, emancipate, bubble+trinket for deeps. Ranged judgment hammer of wrath and exorcism.

Dks.. grip after grip. Strangulate. The pet. Simulacrum. AMS. Do I really need to mention the ranged damage a dk can do?

Did you ever think why high rated players never complain about mages? I don't mean much by high, after these nerfs(that nerf is more than 8 sec root downtime) anyone above even 2k rating will not complain about mages.
    bubble+trinket for dps? how fucking simple are you?
    dk pet is a cooldown
    and AMS isnt a big deal since dk's are pretty squishy
    >2012
    >still complaining about dk
    you probably think bm hunters are just fine where they are too

to the OP choose whatever class you want and learn the hell out it and you'll be good all classes have potential you just need to learn everything

Deleted
    I suggest you roll a caster.
    Last edited by mmoc76237c3918; 2012-10-27 at 01:40 AM.

Plate classes have the lowest skill cap. Warriors are significantly better than death knights, so go with that. If you want to be a ranged class, I would say go with shadow priest. I would say of all the casters, they have the most success for the least effort, and are pretty cool to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    bubble+trinket for dps? how fucking simple are you?
    dk pet is a cooldown
    and AMS isnt a big deal since dk's are pretty squishy
    >2012
    >still complaining about dk
    you probably think bm hunters are just fine where they are too

to the OP choose whatever class you want and learn the hell out it and you'll be good all classes have potential you just need to learn everything
    I am talking about deep freeze, not dps ... I am not complaining about dks, I am complaining about people still complaining about mages. Dks are fine. Bm hunters can go to hell.

Deleted
    Play what is most appealing to you.
    If you don't care about being a gladiator and just want to have some fun in duels/bg/arena (low~mid rated) the following classes are pretty strong atm
    -Holy pala/resto druid best 2 healers in my opinion, any healer will do if you hate dying
    -shadow priest
    -destruction walock if you love huge crits
    -arms warrior
    -beast mastery hunter
    -frost/fire mage

everything else is mediocre at best or just bad at the moment.

I rolled a frost dk when I first wanted to get into pvp. Easy to pick up and play, great BG damage, and you'll feel like you're contributing right away. Download gladiatorlossa and learn the abilities of other classes as you start out.

I got tired of the mindless button-mashing after awhile and now play a hunter. Been much more rewarding in my opinion, but the frost dk definitely helped get my feet wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xetes View Post
    OP: I've found DK and Enhanced Shaman to be the easiest classes to play as DPS and I expect both would work well with your Druid partner. Someone said play your monk, I agree with that as well as the better you get on your Monk in PVP the better you will be on your Monk in PVE.
    What is it that made enhance shaman easy for you? Of all the classes I've played in PvP at max level (DK, Rogue, Spriest, Enhance Shaman), I felt like I had to work the hardest on my shaman. It's very possible that I'm just missing how to play them well.

Anyone who doesn't think mages are overtuned right now, and haven't been a top tier class for the entirety of forever (possibly a little weak in s6 with beastcleave running around) is delusional. It's high-time that RMP have to work a little harder for those Titles, instead of the tournaments consisting of such diverse rosters such as: RMP, RMP, WLD, RMP, PHD, RMP, RMP.

As of now, a mage can kill anyone in a deep freeze from full hp if they didn't have a cd up before they got frozen, or a trinket/immunity to break the stun. Watching Vanguards's stream and watching Jamil play with Vanguards like a cat plays with a mouse was comical, up until the point when he decides to put him out of his misery and kills him in a single global.

I suggest try a Balance druid, because they can do a little bit of everything in addition to having spammable CCs (Roots and Cyclone). Not the best, but they can provide a good step into finding out what play-style you like most.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Since TBC? As in during? Mages were pretty bad during TBC. Warlocks and spriests were extremely prevalent and both were pretty hard counters to a mage. But maybe I don't know the definition of the word "since" in which case I'm dumb.
    RMP has been a top 3v3 comp since(and during) TBC. Maybe you should do a little research.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    Anyone who doesn't think mages are overtuned right now, and haven't been a top tier class for the entirety of forever (possibly a little weak in s6 with beastcleave running around) is delusional. It's high-time that RMP have to work a little harder for those Titles, instead of the tournaments consisting of such diverse rosters such as: RMP, RMP, WLD, RMP, PHD, RMP, RMP.

As of now, a mage can kill anyone in a deep freeze from full hp if they didn't have a cd up before they got frozen, or a trinket/immunity to break the stun. Watching Vanguards's stream and watching Jamil play with Vanguards like a cat plays with a mouse was comical, up until the point when he decides to put him out of his misery and kills him in a single global.
    Please tell me how a mage can kill anyone in a single deep freeze even before the nerfs, or in a single global. Just tell me the skills they are using. What happened, did that mage magically crit for 400k with a skill that hits for 50k?

Please tell me how a mage can kill anyone in a single deep freeze even before the nerfs, or in a single global. Just tell me the skills they are using. What happened, did that mage magically crit for 400k with a skill that hits for 50k?
    Frost Bomb > Frozen Orb (procs Fingers of Frost) > Frostbolt > Deep Freeze (glyph it) > Frostbolt (Frost Bomb shatters around this point, and frozen orb is dealing additional damage since the target can't run away from it) > Ice Lance > Frostfire Bolt. More than enough to kill anyone with around 350k~hp, with both parties wearing full pvp gear. Don't even need Icy Veins up to manage it either. Mages if left alone on a target that can't break the deep freeze or get healed/dispelled can cause a kill every 30 seconds with deep freeze, either using Frozen Orb or Water Elemental Freeze to proc a Finger's of Frost, or just using a Frost Nova to Deep. Another neat trick is using Alter Time, PoM Ring someone to set them up, and backtracking to get your PoM back. You can then PoM a Frostbolt into the Deep Freeze before you start slinging Ice Lances.

I'm trying to find a decent video of a mage doing this, but most videos on youtube are of this Cartoonz clown. Otherwise it's easy enough to recreate outside of SW/Org.
    Last edited by mmmmmmmBacon; 2012-10-28 at 04:32 PM.

Frost Bomb > Frozen Orb (procs Fingers of Frost) > Frostbolt > Deep Freeze (glyph it) > Frostbolt (Frost Bomb shatters around this point, and frozen orb is dealing additional damage since the target can't run away from it) > Ice Lance > Frostfire Bolt. More than enough to kill anyone with around 350k~hp, with both parties wearing full pvp gear. Don't even need Icy Veins up to manage it either. Mages if left alone on a target that can't break the deep freeze or get healed/dispelled can cause a kill every 30 seconds with deep freeze, either using Frozen Orb or Water Elemental Freeze to proc a Finger's of Frost, or just using a Frost Nova to Deep. Another neat trick is using Alter Time, PoM Ring someone to set them up, and backtracking to get your PoM back. You can then PoM a Frostbolt into the Deep Freeze before you start slinging Ice Lances.

I'm trying to find a decent video of a mage doing this, but most videos on youtube are of this Cartoonz clown. Otherwise it's easy enough to recreate outside of SW/Org.
    Dat one global

Dat one global
    and a dispel just ruins all your burst for the next 30 seconds at least
    this game sucks

Dat one global
    The Frost Bomb explodes and 2 Frostbolts (or a frostbolt and an ice lance) all land at the same time, within a single global. Maybe an exaggeration those 3 abilities landing is enough to kill someone, but in some cases its not.

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    and a dispel just ruins all your burst for the next 30 seconds at least
    Mages if left alone on a target that can't break the deep freeze or get healed/dispelled can cause a kill every 30 seconds with deep freeze...
    Last edited by mmmmmmmBacon; 2012-10-29 at 04:03 AM.

Frost Bomb > Frozen Orb (procs Fingers of Frost) > Frostbolt > Deep Freeze (glyph it) > Frostbolt (Frost Bomb shatters around this point, and frozen orb is dealing additional damage since the target can't run away from it) > Ice Lance > Frostfire Bolt.
    Why would you frostbolt here?

Anyway, mages are relatively hard to play well in arenas if the opponents are decent, because you need to be somewhat good at CC -- especially in 3s. I was watching Watchmeblink's stream the other day, and I noted some things he did:
    Blink towards healer > frost nova > RoF > sheep other non kill target dps > blanket healer
    Sheep out-in-open dps so healer has to come out from behind boxes > re-position while healer walks out > sheep healer

Roll a DK imo.

Deleted
    I love my Enhancer Shaman despite of all the weak aspects of this build. Enhancer is "easy to play" , and has many nice tools. But the Enhancer has it's skillcap, too: You have to decide which Cooldown you spend, depenging on the fight and situation: Attack, Wind Shear, Hex, Totems, Purge, or Heal? And make sure to pull Ascendance and Feral Spirit when ready. Keep an eye on Shamanistic Rage and Heroism as well.
    Especially your Totem Management is important.
    All these tools mean that you are a Hybrid, you "ENHANCE" your team, you support, you can't compete with the pure DD Classes.

That's why you won't see many Enhancement Shamans out there in the BGs, because you will lose most 1on1 situations. Thats the problem, the potential of the classes and specs are often measured by their ability to succeed in 1on1 in public BGs.
    If you wanna pick situational 1on1s, a Rougue, Hunter or Mage might fit your style more.

Even if Enhancers a considered as a weak spec, I still love that style of my Dwarf Enhancer.