Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, I think not having Flash/Ignite is possibly a bigger problem than not having runes.

Even so, a 1200 gold deficit in stats -is- a problem. If bot lane or top lane are 3 doran's blades worth ahead in stats, that lane is pretty much lost due to the way it'll get snowballed.

Yeah, to be honest, the lack of Flash/Ignite is the main thing I notice when I'm playing on lower level accs...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    I seriously do not get this...2 games today, at least once every other day...the same thing happens. There's some level 30 in the game, with full runes with his level 4 "New friend". At level 13-17...there is 0 chance. None, zip zilch NADA of a win. Not even of an interesting game. One lane is going to get roflstomped, and there is absolutely nothing that you can do about it. Than once said roflstomp is done, that level 30 is so far ahead that it's not even funny.

Why on Earth is the matchmaking system worked out this way? It makes 0 sense at all. Runes = pointless til 20, and even if we spent our IP on the lesser runes, we'd still be at a major disadvantage. Why isn't there some form of level restriction, or rune degradation system set in place to stop people from doing this kinda crap?
    Implying that runes make or break the match, lol.

Why is there suddenly an influx of people with WoW-avatars, coming in with crude one-liners?

Runes don't make a whole match, but they help a ton early-game, they allow people to snowball, and I'd wager most lower level people won't know how to handle people who snowball. No offense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    Implying that runes make or break the match, lol.
    Early lane phase? Hell yeah! A Riven or Lee will kill any unruned top and that player will have no chance if that player is not a godlike smurf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Why is there suddenly an influx of people with WoW-avatars, coming in with crude one-liners?

Runes don't make a whole match, but they help a ton early-game, they allow people to snowball, and I'd wager most lower level people won't know how to handle people who snowball. No offense.
    Suddenly as in: using the avatar ever since i registered on MMO-Champion? As in, playing LoL pretty much since it came out of beta?
    Fail assumptions ahoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suddenly as in: using the avatar ever since i registered on MMO-Champion? As in, playing LoL pretty much since it came out of beta?
    Fail assumptions ahoy.
    well, you only have seven posts in the LoL forum, so you are new to the people here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    well, you only have seven posts in the LoL forum, so you are new to the people here.
    Not to mention that, other than the few in this thread, the previous ones were 4 months ago.

//edit: Come to think of it, it's kind of weird how you say "Not to mention" and then go on to do exactly that... mentioning something.

Fail assumptions ahoy.
    1. "used avatar forever" = I don't care
    2. When did I say my post was all about you? Does "inlux of people" equal one person?

teh fuck u talking about

It's the fact that there's a sudden increased amount of people, who have WoW avatars/signatures that I've never seen post here, and that I would never guessed played LoL. And all they do is swoop in making like one post, often somewhat rude.

That's all.

Yes, I have encountered this 3 times today.

I am only level 18, all other friendly players were between 15-24 in all 3 games.

The guy that the 30 was duo'ing with was sub level 10 each time.

The games were incredibly frustrating to play, you can imagine as things start to snowball you suspect something is afoot then begin your lolking enquiries, usually whilst waiting to respawn.

Although the games were terribly hard (and each was 40min loss) what made things even worse was the level 30 gloating in /all during the game.

'I have highest CS noobs' in 1 game and when questioned about playing (at the time) vs. level 15 players replying with 'I can beat you on my level 3 account'.

It's just not a nice experience for anyone, I've actually taken a break from my marathon LoL session as i'm so ticked off!

For those people stating runes and masteries are not game breaking, imagine a level 30 Karthus with 21/0/9 + full T3 vs level 16 Ahri 16/0/0 with a handful of T2. One player is constantly oom, whilst the other starts with a huge AP advantage, plenty of Mp5 and has a hefty bonus 6% damage from the final point in Offense tree (amongst all the other bonuses).

10+ Year Old Account
    I grouped with a bunch of 30s last week when I was at level 16 or 17, one is my real life friend and the others were people he played with. We won first game and they all were shocked that I did well being that low level with so few games. I mainly comp stomp rather than pvp.

I can definitely see how those 13-14 talent points and level 20 runes would make a pretty huge difference early game.

Just played another game where none of our team were even level 20, but we were pitted against 2 level 30's. 1 had 916 wins on normal, the other 1221 wins on normal, both silver S2 finishers.

We lost of course, got totally destroyed.

The fact that these 2 clowns queued up with their level <5 friends apparently balanced the game out.

Once again I am so so annoyed at this damn game.

Deleted
    I don't get it. Everyone has to go through it, everyone deals with it.

If a few people talking shit in a couple of games is enough to put you off the game, then I'll tell you now, straight up, your experience won't improve. But to take your point, why shouldn't it balance it? <5's don't have Flash. So why not just farm them? Get the gold advantage, and get so big that these 30's can't do anything anyway?

I think good rule of thumb would be not to queue lvl 30 against anything below lvl 20, but at the same time in such games the team without lvl 30 players would win easily if enemy team had player below lvl 10. So it will never be balanced ... either the lvl 30+low lvl team will have advantage or the lvl 20+ team will have advantage.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    I don't get it. Everyone has to go through it, everyone deals with it.

If a few people talking shit in a couple of games is enough to put you off the game, then I'll tell you now, straight up, your experience won't improve. But to take your point, why shouldn't it balance it? <5's don't have Flash. So why not just farm them? Get the gold advantage, and get so big that these 30's can't do anything anyway?

You are right.

The 2 level 5's don't have Flash, so my team can win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    You are right.

The 2 level 5's don't have Flash, so my team can win.
    The argument in this thread is that flash is the bigger deal breaker than runes + masteries. So yes, it's entirely possible to exploit their weakness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea lv 30 makes a huge difference. Joined a low lv friend for some normals going against a lv 11 you win every trade with ease and snowball from there. Even if the rest of the team balances things out lv wise you will win the other lanes for you lower teammates and shut the enemy down.