Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I genuinely think you are the first person I've ever seen that thinks Dragonsoul didn't suck.
    DW was one of the aspects, hence dragonblight and the wyrmrest made sense. Alexstraza and the rest of the aspects are seated there....so hence the re-use of dragonblight, same map but different setting altogether with the Maw and everything. Dragon Soul wasnt bad nor was is it good enough but I cant think of a better way of doing it than this.......They introduced the concept of extra action button and its very obvious that spine of DW was the main feature of the raid and I believe they gave too much time for that fight alone.

The raid sucked because it lasted for 10 months and the nerfs came in too early imo. Otherwise it was not that bad.

And about the siege of orgrimmar, i think its better if we dont discuss this at this point. The files from the ptr lead to garrosh being the bad guy and i m looking forward to punting him out of this world, but there is alot of content to enjoy at this point.....to compare DS with a "assumed" raid which hasnt been discussed by blizzard yet. We knew from blizz con 2010 that there was going to be a fight on the back of DW.....no word from blizzard yet, so let the files atleast appear on the PTR.
    Last edited by obscurede; 2012-10-29 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manoqueen View Post
    What I don't understand is how you really feel WoW has a story.

Citizens and soldiers (and "champions") accept him, and we could already overthrow his reign were it not for WoW's lack of friendly fire. I mean, we're letting him rule now, and there must be a good reason for it, right? Nope. We already want him off the throne, and there are no laws and consequences in World of Warcraft - lore wise. The only reason we can't kill him is because he's friendly and we can't get our bloody swords to swing. This is a logical flaw to the story, which I assume they will 'fix' by feeding Garrosh with Sha and a lousy backstory for his acquiring of this Sha.

Why can't we just find a way to purify him of his Sha-fury? Because he magically carries 2 daggers, 1 staff, 9 pairs of pants, 4 pairs of armguards and a legendary horn which we are all pretty hyped on wearing for ourselves? Surely there must be a way.

I personally don't care about the storyline. I feel like it has always been crap and always will be, because of the logical flaws that come hand in hand with having 400.000 copies of the same "champion" in a world. - Who each has done the very same thing and saved the world a plethora of times. The only thing I want is intricate encounters and interesting atmospheres to figure the encounters out. Never mind the fact that we suffer from amnesia every wednesday and heroically kill the master of doom (at least we think so, because some guy told us that).

I hope you can understand my sarcasm and irony - it was meant to prove a point which I'm not even sure I made.
    he has a legendary horn?
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

I genuinely think you are the first person I've ever seen that thinks Dragonsoul didn't suck.
    I genuinely think you are the first person that thinks DS was bad because it was in Dragonblight, and not because the bosses were mediocre at best, nerfed to the ground, and part of a 1 year patch cycle. Not to mention that it was set up terribly, but that has nothing to do with dragonblight, it has to do with Blizzard.

The only thing I actually liked about DS was the fact that it was in a heavily modified dragonblight. We actually had to go back and save a place that we once spent time in.

As for how much was actually in Dragonblight ... not much

Morchok - In dragon blight
    Warlord Zon'ozz - Underground in old god thing, could have been literally anywhere not indicative of dragonblight.
    Yor'sahj the Unsleeping - Underground in old god thing, could have been literally anywhere not indicative of dragonblight.
    Hagara the Stormbinder - In the Eye of Eternity, which is in the coldara which is in borean tundra, so not in Dragonblight.
    Ultraxion - In dragonblight
    Warmaster blackthorn - flying in gunship, could have been literally anywhere not indicative of dragonblight.
    Spine - flying, could have been literally anywhere not indicative of dragonblight.
    Madness - Maelstrom, not dragonblight

That is only TWO bosses out of the eight that are actually in Dragonblight.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2012-10-29 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    Dragonsoul sucked, but not because they "recycled" Dragonblight. It made perfect sense to use Dragonblight as the raid environment.

Dragonsoul sucked because it was a badly laid out piece of shit that had no thought put into it to make it engaging. The Boss fights themselves were OK (and people can have their own opinion on whether they were fun or not), but the dungeon itself was underwhelmingly boring. Also other reasons that people have outlined numerous times over the past year, like the constant nerfing and the fact that the tier lasted forever.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking this same thing recently but I hope not They'll probably make some huge underground raid just for it. But who knows

Quote Originally Posted by huntypus View Post
    I genuinely think you are the first person that thinks DS was bad because it was in Dragonblight, and not because the bosses were mediocre at best, nerfed to the ground and part of a 1 year patch cycle.

The only thing I actually liked about DS was the fact that it was in a heavily modified dragonblight. We actually had to go back and save a place that we once spent time in.

As for how much was actually in Dragonblight ... not much

Morchok - In dragon blight
    Warlord Zon'ozz - Underground in old god thing, could have been literally anywhere not indicative of dragonblight.
    Yor'sahj the Unsleeping - Underground in old god thing, could have been literally anywhere not indicative of dragonblight.
    Hagara the Stormbinder - In the Eye of Eternity, which is in the coldara which is in borean tundra, so not in Dragonblight.
    Ultraxion - In dragonblight
    Warmaster blackthorn - flying in gunship, could have been literally anywhere not indicative of dragonblight.
    Spine - flying, could have been literally anywhere not indicative of dragonblight.
    Madness - Maelstrom, not dragonblight

That is only TWO bosses out of the eight that are actually in Dragonblight.
    It's not so much that it was in Dragonblight as that the environments weren't new. We'd already seen them before. As you said, Morchok and Ultraxion are in Dragonblight. Both Zon'oss and Yor'sahj are in them old god maw things, we've seen that before from Twilight Highlands. Hagara is in EoE, we've seen that too. Madness is in the Maelstrom, also seen that (though Madness, Spine and Blackhorn all felt relatively new to me, cause they're different enough from what we've seen).

I agree though, I also liked it for being a modified Dragonblight, but I know I would have enjoyed a new area more. (Even if Dragonblight made sense)

Deleted
    i actually like that they use area's that are in-game.

dragon soul its redone dragonblight just felt so right within the story that it was pretty epic (though the overall instance was a bit of a let down, the scenery wasnt).
    im pandaria this has become quite normal, lots of dungeons and scenario's are actual places you can visit while questing. and personally that enriches the overall story of such a place.
    so no i dnt mind that they use outdoor zones for dung/raids as long as it makes sense

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it sounds like a very easy way for Blizzard to be lazy again.
    I don't believe that labelling Blizzard as "lazy" is either fair nor informed.

It's pretty clear that a huge amount of effort went into Cataclysm. The fact that they may have missed their mark somewhat in terms of producing the content that the playerbase expected is in no way attributable to a lack of effort.

It's also pretty clear that a lot of effort has gone into, and continues to go into MoP.

I feel the same way. As an end-of-expansion raid, DS felt extremely underwhelming, compared to anything we had before. No new environments and only one new model really is not the way to go for the Big Raid.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

The real question is for how long will we have to be raiding orgrimmar for, and the answer is probably for an excruciatingly long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The real question is for how long will we have to be raiding orgrimmar for, and the answer is probably for an excruciatingly long time.
    At least for Allies it will be a tiny bit refreshing. For us Hordes, after hanging out in Org for the entirety of Cataclysm, having to raid it for like 8 months straight in Pandaria is going to be a torture.

"Here, we have made this new continent for you so that you can enjoy it, and you don't need to go back to the old pla...........oooooooh, welcome back to the Orgrimmar, enjoy your stay!"
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    At least for Allies it will be a tiny bit refreshing. For us Hordes, after hanging out in Org for the entirety of Cataclysm, having to raid it for like 8 months straight in Pandaria is going to be a torture.

"Here, we have made this new continent for you so that you can enjoy it, and you don't need to go back to the old pla...........oooooooh, welcome back to the Orgrimmar, enjoy your stay!"
    Kill Garrosh > Hearth to Orgrimmar ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    A raid instance of Stormwind would be awesome, perhaps starting from the Burning Steppes, EPIC!

If we do fight Garrosh in Orgrimmar, will Orgrimmar be off limits for Horde during that patch?

I dont think DS sucked by any means. Obviously much better raids out there but I enjoyed HM Warmaster and HM Hagraa each week. Spine was also a fun usually exciting fight each week. Madness was the let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    A raid instance of Stormwind would be awesome, perhaps starting from the Burning Steppes, EPIC!

If we do fight Garrosh in Orgrimmar, will Orgrimmar be off limits for Horde during that patch?
    It would be an instance. Since everything from the AH, to the bank, to JP vendors for Cata and such are in Org, it wouldn't be an outdoor encounter. The only question is: Where would the raid entrance be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It would be an instance. Since everything from the AH, to the bank, to JP vendors for Cata and such are in Org, it wouldn't be an outdoor encounter. The only question is: Where would the raid entrance be?
    I know it would be an instance, it has to be.

My point being, if we are having to raid Orgrimmar during this patch, why would we be allowed to hang out in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

it would most likely be phased. before the raid everything is like cata, get the achievement for the raid whoevers warchief takes his place
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

with new raid areas like MV, people complain it's a "random" place with "random" bosses that don't matter. Then they make siege of orgrimmar and now it's "reused content" and "lazy".
    I'd rather have the boss fights in significant places rather than a random place up in the mountains or through a portal to another area that Blizz just made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    Dragonsoul sucked, but not because they "recycled" Dragonblight. It made perfect sense to use Dragonblight as the raid environment.

Dragonsoul sucked because it was a badly laid out piece of shit that had no thought put into it to make it engaging. The Boss fights themselves were OK (and people can have their own opinion on whether they were fun or not), but the dungeon itself was underwhelmingly boring. Also other reasons that people have outlined numerous times over the past year, like the constant nerfing and the fact that the tier lasted forever.
    It wasn't copypaste per se, but it sure was very similar, very lazy and very boring to play. That's really close to recycling content (visual content). You can say they added few things here and there but in reality it doesn't matter. Dragonblight, Wyrmrest Temple, EoE, Gunship... everything close to identical what we saw in Wotlk. All the boss models before DW were reused quest/dungeon mobs aswell. The whole teleport everywhere -system was horrible too; very little sense of actual raid progression (not talking about guild's progress, but progressing in the instance), just random bosses in random places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it would most likely be phased. before the raid everything is like cata, get the achievement for the raid whoevers warchief takes his place
    It would actually be pretty cool if we were banished from Orgrimmar until a guild on server had defeated it.

All this being said, Garrosh may not even be in Orgrimmar.