Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    Yea, I was in shock when I saw his gear yesterday too and the first thing I noticed was the lack of a klaxxi ring. I doubt his luck will carry over to heart/terrace since 1 piece of gear will always be a tier token off a few bosses..

edit* I'm retarded and completely forgot about the separate loot now. Guess loot table size doesn't matter.
    Well hes already way ahead of the HoF curb of everyone too.

Starshatter / Orders Heroic? Check

Triple socket 509 haste belt? Check

I'd be lying to say he didn't have my envy currently, pretty much a feat unto itself. if I was him I would keep king's heroic chestplate until 100% 509/516BIS where hit finally becomes an overcapping issue. going for tier shoulders first is a fantastic choice.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-29 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    As grossly overgeared and lucky you seem to be at every drop any ret would praise the almight rng for.

It's sad you lack a DMC and PVP haste boots. Have you even considered the boots? More strength and roughly 300 more haste post after gemming. Also VP shoulders / Klaxxi exalted ring look to be your only upgrades before stepping into Fear.

For a little more perspective with simple upgrades that should take one week to gain all 4 of those. You could gain an amazing trinket BIS until Heroic vortex, and your 26.5% haste could easily turn into 28%.

Ontop of all this you even have tier legs to set aside because you also own well. Everything in mogu heroic.

Whos dick do i have to suck to get your gear? On 10 man nonetheless. From the looks of it you aren't even klaxxi revered. Is the secret to getting BIS RNG not taking outside upgrades when possible ? Not bashing just saddened by the luck you have and the difficulty between 10s/25s is fairly apparent for this section of the tier.
    I have a DMC, the figurine is purely on for wow progress gear score, I was at number 1 paladin world for a bit. ty for the boot reccomendation, I'm going to spend a token on stone guard tuesday and if I don't get them then i'll switch to those. I don't like all the haste I lose with the vp shoulders, though I will be buying them if the 496 ones don't drop from hof next week.

I don't like doing dailies and I burned out on them a long time ago, rather just get a ring from heart of fear.

At the ilvl I switched to full haste at (mid 80's) I did not notice a dps increase or loss, so I just kept with it because it will only get better as my gear level raises. My top end damage is 30,804 unbuffed.
    Last edited by Torchbringer; 2012-10-29 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    I have a DMC, the figurine is purely on for wow progress gear score, I was at number 1 paladin world for a bit. ty for the boot reccomendation, I'm going to spend a token on stone guard tuesday and if I don't get them then i'll switch to those. I don't like all the haste I lose with the vp shoulders, though I will be buying them if the 496 ones don't drop from hof next week.

I don't like doing dailies and I burned out on them a long time ago, rather just get a ring from heart of fear.

At the ilvl I switched to full haste at (mid 80's) I did not notice a dps increase or loss, so I just kept with it because it will only get better as my gear level raises. My top end damage is 30,804 unbuffed.
    You should have atleast kept with klaxxi weekly the free ring is superior to both you currently own haste/exp 489 and u need the grand charms anyhow for weekly + the VP to hardcap the 5.1 valor upgrade system is soon and looking at your gear you should look at hardcappin in the next month or so.

While shoulders drop haste you gain 50 Str and a sizeable increase in ratings. While not ideal ratings no ratings are bad for ret. Haste is just way too good but not enough that an ilvl jump cannot beat it.

Also 30,804... tasty!
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-29 at 07:34 PM.

Ooops , guess I didn't realize that was a yellow slot. Anyway about my first question: playing with 90/90 ms should I be concerned about having too much haste that I can't handle latency wise ?

@Torchbringer - Did you have any luck rolling any of those 502 pieces with a coin? Nice Haste% geez!

Regardless that has definitely helped 10 mans out IMO with loot, I've rolled 502 boots/helm and 489 Lei'shins... Guildies have had pretty good luck as well with rolls on 502 heroic loot.

Deleted
    of course it's about 10 man drops. He somehow managed to get everything in under 2 weeks on 10 man drop tables. Mind boggling.

I couldn't help but crack a smile on him advising people towards haste gemming when we did that for him about a week or 2 ago. I'm going out on a limb and going to say you had noticeable results. Confirm Torchbringer?

Also for funseys whats you character weapon damage statistic at? 32k top end?
    My gear makes me cry when i see that .. People not even caring about reputations or not doing a ton of dailies every day get handed everything to them, sadly just the way it is it seems.. *rocks blue weapon still*

Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    My gear makes me cry when i see that .. People not even caring about reputations or not doing a ton of dailies every day get handed everything to them, sadly just the way it is it seems.. *rocks blue weapon still*
    Kaya did you intend to put an orange in your yellow boots slot? or is that an oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastelol View Post
    @Torchbringer - Did you have any luck rolling any of those 502 pieces with a coin? Nice Haste% geez!

Regardless that has definitely helped 10 mans out IMO with loot, I've rolled 502 boots/helm and 489 Lei'shins... Guildies have had pretty good luck as well with rolls on 502 heroic loot.
    I extra rolled my Helm, Chest, Gloves, and weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Ooops , guess I didn't realize that was a yellow slot. Anyway about my first question: playing with 90/90 ms should I be concerned about having too much haste that I can't handle latency wise ?
    Just my opinion would be to stick with the haste, once you get in heroic gear and later tiers it will be superior so you should get used to the playstyle even with your 90 ms.
    Last edited by Torchbringer; 2012-10-29 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    I extra rolled my Helm, Chest, Gloves, and weapon.
    How happy were you when the weapon poped?

How happy were you when the weapon poped?
    I was just relieved that it wasn't gloves again when I saw the roll land on loot. That would have made me so mad.

Deleted
    As grossly overgeared and lucky you seem to be at every drop any ret would praise the almight rng for.

It's sad you lack a DMC and PVP haste boots. Have you even considered the boots? More strength and roughly 300 more haste post after gemming. Also VP shoulders / Klaxxi exalted ring look to be your only upgrades before stepping into Fear.

For a little more perspective with simple upgrades that should take one week to gain all 4 of those. You could gain an amazing trinket BIS until Heroic vortex, and your 26.5% haste could easily turn into 28%.

Ontop of all this you even have tier legs to set aside because you also own well. Everything in mogu heroic.

Whos dick do i have to suck to get your gear? On 10 man nonetheless. From the looks of it you aren't even klaxxi revered. Is the secret to getting BIS RNG not taking outside upgrades when possible ? Not bashing just saddened by the luck you have and the difficulty between 10s/25s is fairly apparent for this section of the tier.
    what dose it matter all that gear and not a single HC Rank, mabye he a off healer. super nice gear tho gz

So jealous of your Token roll luck. >_>' I've only managed to get 502 Cloak from Feng off my roll.

Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    what dose it matter all that gear and not a single HC Rank, mabye he a off healer. super nice gear tho gz
    If you sit around these forums you'll start to believe the only reason people play is to rank and make their edick huge, but a really significant portion of the world outside of these forums don't care about ranks at all. I try and rank whenever I can, it's a personal thing, but the vast majority of players are fine with just killing bosses and he's clearly doing that.
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2012-10-29 at 10:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    If you sit around these forums you'll start to believe the only reason people play is to rank and make their edick huge, but a really significant portion of the world outside of these forums don't care about ranks at all. I try and rank whenever I can, it's a person thing, but the vast majority of players are fine with just killing bosses and he's clearly doing that.
    come on, cheer up buddy,
    whit gear like that, he got to get trolled, and do you really think ppl doing 6/6 don't care about dps? ranks?

Deleted
    * dobble post

Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    come on, cheer up buddy,
    whit gear like that, he got to get trolled, and do you really think ppl doing 6/6 don't care about dps? ranks?
    Don't need to cheer up, I'm plenty cheery lol. Why does someone "got to get trolled" for having gear like that, that's not what this thread is about. And I\m sure some 6/6 people care about ranks, but I'm sure there are tons who don't care about their ranks. Just saying if you go by these forums you'll think everyone in the world cares about ranks when that's not even close to the case.

Torch, how much of a DPS increase was Heroic Starshatter for you?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelasius View Post
    So jealous of your Token roll luck. >_>' I've only managed to get 502 Cloak from Feng off my roll.
    I haven't won shit on any of my rolls and I even got 6 coins one week because some bug on that quest.

Even seeing theories about 10 man drops being better than 25 makes me cringe. We've either given loot to our offspecs or just disenchanted at least half of all drops in our main raid. Extra rolls sure helps out but it's still the same chance of winning on those as it is in 25 man (if everyone coins in 10 man you'll get 2 items on average, 5 in 25 man).

Bashing posts are unneeded unless you have something constructive to say.

Last thing we need is infracts handed out in this thread. I'm hoping it can stay mod free and people can speak their mind. Just don't go overboard.

Nice trinket and weapon bonk
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-29 at 10:45 PM.

Deleted
    Just got rank 2 ret dps at Spirit kings 25M HC with 485 ilvl. Wish I had the kind of gear some people do.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wwp2d0r392l6m7gm/sum/damageDone/?s=4977&e=5583#Rikh

While individual player skill also plays a factor, logging high on fights is affected by things such as raid dps/kill time, assignments, boss positioning( for melee ), rng, and so and so ( my mind drew a blank here since I'm sleepy but I was trying to list these from bigger to small factors ).

P.S. The above is me being /jelly of your ranks.