Poll: Still Playing?

Thread: Unsubbed?

Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

Unsubbed?

How people have already unsubbed from MoP? Personally I can't take blizzard seriously as a company anymore. They make ~150,000,000 a month (off of wow minus the insignificant numbers they pay employs) and pump out the most unbalanced rushed content out of any game. They did the same thing with diablo 3 - the game sucked at release.

My question is this: is anyone else sick of blizzard or are they sticking around?
    Last edited by bigjohnburger; 2012-10-31 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Clearing up for the dumb people attacking me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Record time for me. Not even two weeks into the expansion. Dailies fucking suck.

I unsubbed, at the end of Cata, so I didn't do it because MoP was unbalanced or because of the dailies. But simply because I grew tired of wow after being playing since 2 weeks after Vanilla came out. All in all I have loved wow, I have spent so many fun hours with friends, but it was time to move on for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Record time for me. Not even two weeks into the expansion. Dailies fucking suck.
    Ya for real. I unsubbed 1 week after buying. I'm kind of pissed at myself for even buying the game because knowing blizz it's obvious they would make the same mistakes over and over again.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 12:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Argantyr View Post
    I unsubbed, at the end of Cata, so I didn't do it because MoP was unbalanced or because of the dailies. But simply because I grew tired of wow after being playing since 2 weeks after Vanilla came out. All in all I have loved wow, I have spent so many fun hours with friends, but it was time to move on for me.
    You're lucky you got out early and saved yourself the 40 bucks. I bet wow subs will bomb pretty soon, just like at the end of cata unless GC gets fired soon.

I'm playing and no intention to unsub. The dailies are and were a pain but most of the grind is done now for me so that's not such an issue anymore.

But the new raids, I've loved them so far and am really looking forward to the two new ones. Everything else can be whatever, as long as raiding is great

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean theyll do anything except reinvest more money back into WoW. Seriously. They'll add this daily bs in, get the community to turn on one and other over it, contradict themselves in so many fucking ways, ignore a history of design decisions the same people have made and all because they won't increase the pace that they release end game content at. Effectively reinvest more money back into WoW.

Deleted
    Through out cata - people whine about not having anything to do.
    MoP gives more to go - rather go afk in a main city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    That can be interpreted in so many ways. Having nothing to do means what? Literally nothing to do? Or does it me nothing rewarding enough to do? I'll quote a guy on the official forums because he's made the most fucking sense out of anyone I've read

What hurt Cataclysm - more than anything - was the very slow pace of endgame development. Well, that coupled with the smaller amount of endgame zones compared to WotLK and TBC (that being due to them spending time and resources re-doing the leveling zones). Rep tabards were around in WotLK. Rep from dungeons - though not through tabards - was around in TBC. Dailies during those games were essentially centered around vanity rewards and just an extra way to make gold.

Most players play WoW for everything. They enjoy the questing, the dungeons and the raids. But, the questing comes with a caveat: the solo content is mastered and finished long before dungeons and heroics are, which in turn is mastered and finished long before raids are. And PvP - of course - is a never ending source of competition with other human beings.

MoP is trying to do something different with the solo content - make it so it takes far, far longer to "finish" in the mind of the player. The problem is that they're doing this not by adding new quest content at a faster pace, but merely by having people repeat the same quest content over and over again. Quest content already carries the burden of being generally unchallenging and rarely offering any variation on "kill this and collect that from those easy to kill mobs." It's advantages are in exploration (new terrain, new mobs) and lore. Those advantages are there for the one-time yellow exclamation mark quests. They disappear for daily quests the second time you get asked to do the same quest.

A game does a better service for its players when it doesn't try to extend the life of content beyond what it can sustain in engaging play. Blizzard is deciding not to do that service because they think it will keep subscription numbers higher (and perhaps because of the ego of some of the developers, who dislike the idea of players feeling "finished" with zones they put a lot effort into). Maybe they're right and it will keep numbers higher in the long term, maybe they're wrong and it will cause more burnout in the long term and make players less likely to buy into new expansions, but it's ridiculous for players to cheer them for it. No one should want lower standards of gameplay.
    That's what's up with MoP and that's why people were bored in Cataclysm. Nothing to do with the reward sytsem. Nothing to do with how good or bad it was. Everything to do with their inability and refusal to release content at a better rate and by extension of this reinvest money back into world of warcraft as opposed to one of the other 3 or 4 other projects they have going on. Christ we went 9 months without any solid content. OF COURSE people are bored and of course they unsubbed. The solution to this isn't to make it grindier and slower and more painful. The solution is produce more content.

It really is not that hard to understand . . . in a video game, "something to do" needs to be enjoyable. If you were bored irl, if someone handed you a hammer and said you could smash your toes to keep you occupied, would you thank them? It's the same principle.

Deleted
    I'm unsubbing because the game is just too boring for me nowdays / Bots in pvp / I don't have time to play.

Can't really say anything bad about the expansion though. (Didn't bother with dailies)

Well since i got my MOP copy free and gametime till end of november i can't really say i wasted money

(Edit) I'll give my gold and items to anyone who plays at Ravencrest EU horde
    WHEN MY SUB IS ABOUT TO END! midd/end of november

(so email me ingame Japski/Japsky and ill try to remember you name)
    Last edited by mmoce9a2d211fe; 2012-10-30 at 08:09 AM.

Dailies are making it very, very tempting.

Deleted
    That can be interpreted in so many ways. Having nothing to do means what? Literally nothing to do? Or does it me nothing rewarding enough to do? I'll quote a guy on the official forums because he's made the most fucking sense out of anyone I've read

That's what's up with MoP and that's why people were bored in Cataclysm. Nothing to do with the reward sytsem. Nothing to do with how good or bad it was. Everything to do with their inability and refusal to release content at a better rate and by extension of this reinvest money back into world of warcraft as opposed to one of the other 3 or 4 other projects they have going on. Christ we went 9 months without any solid content. OF COURSE people are bored and of course they unsubbed. The solution to this isn't to make it grindier and slower and more painful. The solution is produce more content.
    Actually agree with you for once, Blizzard are really, really slow when it comes to making new content, especially considering how big of a company they are, when smaller MMO's like SWTOR push out a lot more in less time with far less subscribers.

Still subscribed greatly enjoying the expansion, no interest in quitting any time soon.

Unfortunately i locked myself into an annual pass. Have about 10 days left of it then i will be unsubbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Actually agree with you for once, Blizzard are really, really slow when it comes to making new content, especially considering how big of a company they are, when smaller MMO's like SWTOR push out a lot more in less time with far less subscribers.

Still subscribed greatly enjoying the expansion, no interest in quitting any time soon.
    People were bored but it wasn't because of a stunning lack of daily quests. In fact I can't remember a single fucking post where someone said HEY BLIZZARD GIVE US MORE DAILIES.... If their were it was a minority of a minority. Such a small minority that Blizzard sorta understood they needed to put some SIGNIFICANT rewards behind them otherwise that shit wouldn't fly. Nobody would care to do them. Or few people would let's put it that way.
    I do remember when firelands dailies came out and people grumbled about them but they could still dungeon and buy valour gear WITHOUT touching a single daily. They were sated. Now they can't do that anymore.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-30 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    you are assuming that the same people moaned about both things, and you know what they say about assumptions.

I leveled to 90 one of my characters, got really really sick of it, then I thought about my other 85's I need to level, factions, quests, too many new informations at once and I gave up, after 200 days /played with my main I realized it's not worth it. Not with current state of community, game itself and a lot of other issues that bothered me in game I simply decided to quit. Game is not that bad itself but for someone who is new, someone who is excited about vast world of Azeroth and beyond. To me it's just enough. Have fun whoever decided to stay.

Deleted
    Still subbed, but its nice all the people who don't understand what "optional" means have a place to hang out

Deleted
    I mean theyll do anything except reinvest more money back into WoW. Seriously. They'll add this daily bs in, get the community to turn on one and other over it, contradict themselves in so many fucking ways, ignore a history of design decisions the same people have made and all because they won't increase the pace that they release end game content at. Effectively reinvest more money back into WoW.
    Literally all you do on this forum is bitch and whine and cry. Why are you here? Do you think we care about you and your opinion enough to value it above our own? Anyone with some respectable IQ (above 70) will look at your posts and see a crybaby, and instantly label your post as unimportant and read it for the humor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Still subbed, but its nice all the people who don't understand what "optional" means have a place to hang out
    Let me ask you something. If this were two years ago around the time of 4.0 and dungeons were hard did you tell those people upset about it that heroic dungeons were completely optional? They were FYI you didn't need the gear to raid. You could have done it from gear in normal dungeons and quest items and the rep items you got from daily quests as scant as they were.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Literally all you do on this forum is bitch and whine and cry. Why are you here? Do you think we care about you and your opinion enough to value it above our own? Anyone with some respectable IQ (above 70) will look at your posts and see a crybaby, and instantly label your post as unimportant and read it for the humor.
    Except I guess in your case where you responded to it rather seriously. IQ below 70?

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-30 at 01:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instant gratification crowd = loved Wotlk face roll heroics + rep tabards to mindlessly dungeon grind their way to exaulted to buy up every perk.

MoP, yet very inferior to TBC brought back some of the "you work for it to earn it" feel. Raids still are terrible though.

Just my 2 cents.