Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvers View Post
    What about the ethereals?
    They fit in the lore of a new Burning Legion strike, they they made their appearend in BC, they also may fit in Alleria and Turalyon related destiny... And they reappeared now in the Transmog/Reforge stuff
    As of Draenors destruction, it's said that Alleria and Turalyon took one of the portals Ner'zhul made... they made have been gone to Argus, or maybe K'aresh

http://www.wowpedia.org/K%27aresh

"K'aresh was the original homeworld of the ethereals before they evacuated to wander the Twisting Nether. The planet was conquered by the void lord Dimensius the All-Devouring and his void armies. The current state of K'aresh is unknown."
    I think Ethereals do have serious potential as a playable race. If Blizzard wants to go the neutral race route again, then perhaps we could have one faction fall in with Alleria and Turalyon (regardless of wether they are on K'aresh or not, Ethereals do get around) and join the Alliance while another ends up getting in contact with the Blood Elves and joins the Horde. If not a neutral race, then I would probably peg the Ethereals as Alliance-exclusive since they could give the Alliance a more commerce centric race, and the Horde could perhaps get a splinter faction of a race normally in service to the Legion (there are about a dozen possibilities, but I'd go with Nathrezim.

With the Nathrezim we could have an amusing inverse of us accidentally digging up ancient horrors. Basically the Burning Legion would go digging in the wrong place and end up accidentally unleashing the "pure" Nathrezim from magical stasis. They would naturally be attracted to a faction that had thrown off corruption in the past, and would fall in line with the Horde should they make contact.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayden View Post
    Legion expansion sounds to me like a rehash of TBC. I would prefer somehting fresh again like MoP. Its of course hard bringing something new all the time, but its the only way I think if you dont want subs to drop.

Therefore I wouldnt mind a lifecycle of 2 or 2,5 year for every expansion. Its possible I think if you bring every 4-5 months something new to the table.
    Wrath, Cata and now MOP all had heavy Old God themes but neither are rehashed of one another. I think that if we went into the Nether, questing in the remains of shattered planets, it'd be a good opportunity to have both the old lore of the Legion, and brand new lore with alien races and cultures.

For new races I'm thinking Ogres for the Horde, and Arrakoa for the Alliance. It was hinted somewhat in BC that there could be some connection between the Arrakoa and the Old Gods, so they could provide a useful means to tie the Old Gods and BL together somehow as I think will happen (as enemies.). Also I'm hoping we might get a bit of moral ambiguity with the Old Gods especially so it'd be cool having a playable race that was actually semi-affiliated with the Old Gods.

Ever thought about some Ogres to Horde and... Arrakoa to Aliance?
    Ok, Arrakoa seems a little poor... but they have their own language, own arquitecture, and was somewhat Orc enemies back on Draenor
    There are some Arrakoa exiles on Lower City, maybe that faction can come Aliance
    For Ethereals, pretty sure they fit as neutral

"The Skettis Exiles are a faction of arakkoa that broke off from Skettis. They used to be a faction within Skettis, but their leader Kirrik had a dream from A'dal which caused him and his faction to break off and find refuge within Shattrath City. They see Terokk as a false prophet that will lead their people to doom."
    Last edited by wolvers; 2012-10-29 at 08:52 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Demon_Hunter

I think it would be a great class, but I think Blizzard needs to do a lot of thinking in order for it to work.
    A Leather/cloth wearing rogue/warlock hybrid, all of whoms iconic moves have been parcelled out to existing classes.

The game needs a class able to use spell plate, it needs a new mail using class, it could benefit from a third spec using spell mail and it could probably use a physical ranged DPS as well.

What could happen:

A: New class. Mail user. Make use of spell mail with at least one spec. And a ranged physical DPS.
    B: Specs overhauled. With three specs per class, thats essentially 33 classes that have to be balanced.

Spell Plate issue solved by making Paladins all use Spell Plate.
    Ret rolled into Prot, expanding baseline melee toolkit. Class simply gets DPS mode which directly saps DPS for survivability.

Physical Ranged DPS issue solved by merging Arms into Fury. Third tree revamped into ranged DPS. Warrior gets baseline ranged moves. Possibility spec benefits from mail.

Shaman gets fourth spec based on elements - Earth (Tank), Air (Ranged Spell DPS), Fire (Melee DPS) and Water (Healing). Earth uses AGI gear. Other three use Spell Mail.

Other classes lose or gain specs as apporopriate.

C: Advance classes
    Solve the issues by offering an alternate advancement path. The road to archdruid or Archmage or Templar or Knight or Blademaster or whatever. Force a situation where players advance into a new baseline state with fewer choices for Blizzard to balance around, but still creating some room for customisation.

And so on.

What other factors are involved?
    Work and effort needed - a perfect plan that is too expensive in time, money or other resources isn't going to work.
    Player base wishes - if players end up hating what is done, it'll put them off playing.

The Demon Hunter is a popular request and there have been some hints regarding it - quests, achievements and so on. The big problem with the DH class is that it would need to be developed as an entirely new class. Its lost too much to other classes. It would be a new breed of DH.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Legion. CALLING IT NOW!!!!!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Burning Legion. CALLING IT NOW!!!!!
    like me and many others i think this could be it. I dont see the naga getting an entire expansion for themselfs tbh, more like part in another expansion, time will tell !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    like me and many others i think this could be it. I dont see the naga getting an entire expansion for themselfs tbh, more like part in another expansion, time will tell !
    If Panda's can get a whole expansion to themselves (not saying that's a bad thing) then Naga's sure can.

Deleted
    Probably something related to the BL.

Turalyon and Alleria will be infused with super powers and they will lead the Army of Light against the Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    If Panda's can get a whole expansion to themselves (not saying that's a bad thing) then Naga's sure can.
    true, but if thats the case i doubt there will be much underwater zones considering the hate for the cata underwater zone :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    true, but if thats the case i doubt there will be much underwater zones considering the hate for the cata underwater zone :/
    True, but there's more they can do than that, like the Islands in the Great Sea. I'm not really sure what the problem with Vash'jir was tbh though, I mean with the floor anchoring, and the seahorse mounts you moved at normal speed. Not that I liked Vash'jir much myself but I can't put my finger on what was wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    New class will be runemaster. You may quote me when Blizzard decides to release this fact publicly.
    You mean like a Deathknight

that uses runes

and runic power

kk

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I think Ethereals do have serious potential as a playable race. If Blizzard wants to go the neutral race route again, then perhaps we could have one faction fall in with Alleria and Turalyon (regardless of wether they are on K'aresh or not, Ethereals do get around) and join the Alliance while another ends up getting in contact with the Blood Elves and joins the Horde. If not a neutral race, then I would probably peg the Ethereals as Alliance-exclusive since they could give the Alliance a more commerce centric race, and the Horde could perhaps get a splinter faction of a race normally in service to the Legion (there are about a dozen possibilities, but I'd go with Nathrezim.

With the Nathrezim we could have an amusing inverse of us accidentally digging up ancient horrors. Basically the Burning Legion would go digging in the wrong place and end up accidentally unleashing the "pure" Nathrezim from magical stasis. They would naturally be attracted to a faction that had thrown off corruption in the past, and would fall in line with the Horde should they make contact.
    Please, no.

Ethereals are much more horde-like. The Horde would not welcome a race of demons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    You mean like a Deathknight

that uses runes

and runic power

kk
    Eh. Multiple classes use mana. Wouldn't mind a Runemaster class, if they had runes that operated differently from the death knights - although unarmed melee combat is really the monk's thing now.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morninghorse View Post
    Demon Hunter use to be a tanking hero in WC3 (since he was the only hero being able to dodge), not a healer.

It's not that tough to make him a tanking spec for warlocks. Just make some passive abilities which convert spirit into dodge/expertise/parry/absorb. And dual passive skill exclusive to the spec, like the one shamans own.
    Honestly, adding fourth spec for some classes instead a whole new one would be the best decision to make. They won't need to make a whole starting zone, neither to spend ressources+time to design all the gear sets and the ressources system.

At last, we can roll nelfs warlocks and maybe Draenei.
    Yeah... you just defeated your own argument.

Demon Hunters are the quintisential elf class. Making it a warlock spec would require NElf warlocks. But a NElf would never associate with demons, as is required for the other 3 warlock specs.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Eh. Multiple classes use mana. Wouldn't mind a Runemaster class, if they had runes that operated differently from the death knights - although unarmed melee combat is really the monk's thing now.
    Maybe the runemaster can select their own runes to use, rather than the set 2/2/2 the DK uses.

I remember planning my rune combos for DK during Wrath Alpha.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Maybe the runemaster can select their own runes to use, rather than the set 2/2/2 the DK uses.

I remember planning my rune combos for DK during Wrath Alpha.
    Yeah, something like you arrange 3 runes, Storm, Earth, and Fire, in whatever combination, and use them to power different attacks...

Whatever excuse I need to have the Storm, Earth, and Fire spell represented in WoW somehow. Chen needs to use this as some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yeah, something like you arrange 3 runes, Storm, Earth, and Fire, in whatever combination, and use them to power different attacks...

Whatever excuse I need to have the Storm, Earth, and Fire spell represented in WoW somehow. Chen needs to use this as some point.
    I feel like the runes would be something entirely new. Making them Storm, Earth, and Fire just turns runemaster into a non-totem shaman.

However I do hope we see Storm, Earth, and Fire go to the Monk next expansion sometime.

Am I the only one (didn't read a huge part of the thread!) That wishes it would be something with the burning legion, and a sort of re-hash of TBC?

Let me explain; I don't want them to take outlands and re-do it. Outlands is my favorite zone, anytime one of my IRL friends is leveling a character is at my house, I hop on their computer and level their character through all of outlands. I don't know why, I cna't get enough of it. Besides outlands, my favorite zone would be vashj'ir, then it's a weird list from there. Yeah... Anyway, I don't want them to take the time and effort to completely re-do outlands like they did in Cata -- that's time an effort completely wasted on a good expansion. I just want there to be a bad-ass world that's like outlands from 90-95 (I presume those levels), where the continents are unique as hell looking.

Nagrand was nothing special, least favorite zone of TBC. Blade's edge ran second in there; it was unique, but overall it just seemed like a boring barrens with spikes in the way. But other than that, every other zone is so unique and bad-ass looking, it looks so.. different. Like a real fantasy.

I'd love it, I don't know, that's just me. Watch them make it a burning legion expansion, but have zones like cataclysm, there 4 of them are bland/the same thing we're used to with maybe one unique zone that's completely different. I'd be maaaaaaaaaaad...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind exploring more parts of Outland - the ancient arakkoa civilization in particular, if any of their old cities survived. Even as a raid zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruuBEN View Post
    Am I the only one (didn't read a huge part of the thread!) That wishes it would be something with the burning legion, and a sort of re-hash of TBC?

Let me explain; I don't want them to take outlands and re-do it. Outlands is my favorite zone, anytime one of my IRL friends is leveling a character is at my house, I hop on their computer and level their character through all of outlands. I don't know why, I cna't get enough of it. Besides outlands, my favorite zone would be vashj'ir, then it's a weird list from there. Yeah... Anyway, I don't want them to take the time and effort to completely re-do outlands like they did in Cata -- that's time an effort completely wasted on a good expansion. I just want there to be a bad-ass world that's like outlands from 90-95 (I presume those levels), where the continents are unique as hell looking.

Nagrand was nothing special, least favorite zone of TBC. Blade's edge ran second in there; it was unique, but overall it just seemed like a boring barrens with spikes in the way. But other than that, every other zone is so unique and bad-ass looking, it looks so.. different. Like a real fantasy.

I'd love it, I don't know, that's just me. Watch them make it a burning legion expansion, but have zones like cataclysm, there 4 of them are bland/the same thing we're used to with maybe one unique zone that's completely different. I'd be maaaaaaaaaaad...
    Yeah, you're the only one.

Cata was the worst expansion in MMO history (except maybe that one that added Jedi to SWG....).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Yeah, you're the only one.

Cata was the worst expansion in MMO history (except maybe that one that added Jedi to SWG....).
    I think he was specifically saying he didn't want a revamp of Outland, though sorry if I misinterpreted.

Personally I would like a revamp of Outland, and Northrend too. I feel that Cata had the most potential of any mmo expansion ever, it was just wasted, and part of the problem was that there was little incentive to go back to the revamped old zones. If Outland and Northrend were turned into 90-95 zones (alternate leveling paths to one another) this problem would be solved. Then for 95-100 we get whole new zones, meaning essentially xpac 5 would have more high level content than any other.