Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    I think I agree with you a bit on that. However, the method of Valor from dailies will give people a way to avoid redundancy. If you've finished gearing from dungeons, just going in for Valor kind of starts giving you a mentality of hatred for dungeons (I know, I used to have to do that). Questing is still something of a PvE environment, so rewarding you with PvE-based Valor still makes sense. I would suggest that they give Justice Points instead, given the lack of difficulty involved with dailies. HOWEVER, they need to give you useful things to spend the Justice Points on first, like how you could buy trade goods in Cataclysm.
    With the "don't do optional dailies" feedback though I have no need for valor so I wouldn't be running dungeons. And dailies (especially these dailies) are just as repetitive and no less repetitive than dungeons.

Rewarding Justice from dailies would make sense too and I agree they need to put something of value behind those as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4736886

*emphasis added by me*

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Future of Valor
    The second change I want to mention is that we plan to adjust the role of Valor points. Valor (or the various other names that the currency has had over the years) was originally added to WoW for two reasons: it helped to mitigate really bad luck, for those times when the boss just refused to drop the item you wanted, and it helped encourage players to stay with the group even if they didn’t need anything off the next boss.

Over time, we have felt like Valor has taken on too prominent a role, to the point that it risks becoming more important than actual boss loot. This is particularly the case when the tier sets are available on the Valor vendors. We think killing dragons and ransacking their hoard is more epic than shopping at the magic armor store, so we want to shift back toward boss kills being the primary source of epic PvE gear.
    WoW. I went and read the link. Valor was NEVER as important and killing bosses at most it was just under it. Especially when they removed the ability to get tier pieces. They really shot themselves in the dick over this and for no reason as far as I can tell. To appease a handful of people who need to lord over others. Why is their even valor gear at all if they think this is true? They really should just get ride of all of it. Why are they pussying around?

Seriously if they believe what they posted their then why have any valor gear at all. After reading that I want them to remove all valor gear from the game. In fact that should have been priority one. Keeping SOME of it in their behind daily bullshit is so dishonest. It gives people a hint that they may keep valor around but no they aren't. Really get rid of it now Blizzard. Asap. The sooner you do the sooner people can move on from this game and the sooner you can realize how stupid and regressive your decisions are.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-30 at 04:26 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    How many times have you seen people complain about dungeons in general? Because in TBC, Wrath and Cata I saw it every single day. But one has to ask why they were complaining. "Nobody talks to each other anymore." "Dungeons are too long." "Dungeons are too hard." "I got kicked because I wanted to do an optional boss." And so on. And so forth. The culprit that typically takes the blame is LFD. But the thing is, I haven't seen any of these complaints since MoP's release. And LFD didn't go anywhere. So here's the real story that seems to have slipped past you.
    Your logic is extremely flawed. No one is complaining about dungeons because blizzard fixed what was wrong with them. Instead of making them a long, painful job, all of MoP's dungeons are short and easily done with pugs in full greens smashing their faces on the keyboard. The people who complained about dungeons being too easy are also mollified because Blizzard added challenge modes to give them what they wanted. It has nothing to do with being required to run them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Daily's are optional content. People need to stop complaining about being 'required' to do them all every day :P
    I disagree.
    I feel forced as a raider to do dailys couse there are those coins wich give you extra loot.
    Though spend like 6 coins and all gold.
    Give other ways to earn Elder tokens not only dailys.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    crying certainly isn't helping you get valor gear unlocked.
    This is exactly how things get changed. Past crying is exactly the reason why we have the system we have now. Don't tell me that complaining never has results because it does.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    You people complaining about dailies always fail to realize you can take your time on them. You will get exalted with all the factions way before you can actually accumulate enough Valor Points to buy all the honored/revered gear, thanks to the weekly cap. Stop crying about them it's getting really old already. I'll be exalted with all MoP factions Thursday. But guess what? I'll still have to farm VP for another month or so to be able to even buy all the VP gear.
    What about GL/Klaxxi giving you free 489 neck/ring (respectively) when you hit Exalted with those factions? What about unlocking 16 motes of harmony a day with Tillers? Not to mention the free mounts you get at exalted with AC/SP. There's more than just Valor gear as an incentive to grind, and 2500 VP worth of free shit is incentive enough for most players to go for exalted.

I laugh when all of these people say, "Dailies are a part of the game, if you dont like it, quit", "Youre just lazy", "Put in the effort" etc etc blah blah.

Then i say, "oh how the tables would turn if people were required to PvP to get anything done in this game." Me, id personally love it. I PVP 80% of the time. Obviously, this would drive others crazy. Probably the ones who do their dailys everyday lol.

Just because you like grinding mindless, easy dailys over and over... doesnt mean everyone does. Spending and hour or two a day on repetitious content is not fun at all for me and i choose to not do it. Its just annoying that blizzard use to make you earn your gear/achieves/mounts with a complex, dedicated, challenging route. Now, its just hours upon hours of busy work. Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sznur View Post
    And you invalidated what I said how exactly ? Dailies are optional if you don't want valor gear/are fine with your valor getting wasted. You can't argue with that.
    Yes he can, because you still don't seem to understand that you don't have to do a single daily to spend valor if you complete the dread wastes. It takes 2-3 weeks to buy anything with valor so if you can't find a way to spend valor in 3 weeks then you need to reconsider how you spend your time in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    I found a solution for the problem...

Cancelled my sub yesterday. It´s a pitty wow turned into an asia grinder with people crying for more...
    Rofl @ WoW being grindy.

Get out more mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    WoW. I went and read the link. Valor was NEVER as important and killing bosses at most it was just under it. Especially when they removed the ability to get tier pieces. They really shot themselves in the dick over this and for no reason as far as I can tell. To appease a handful of people who need to lord over others. Why is their even valor gear at all if they think this is true? They really should just get ride of all of it. Why are they pussying around?

Seriously if they believe what they posted their then why have any valor gear at all. After reading that I want them to remove all valor gear from the game. In fact that should have been priority one. Keeping SOME of it in their behind daily bullshit is so dishonest. It gives people a hint that they may keep valor around but no they aren't. Really get rid of it now Blizzard. Asap. The sooner you do the sooner people can move on from this game and the sooner you can realize how stupid and regressive your decisions are.
    They keep it so that it can serve it's original purpose. Specifically, to provide an alternate but completely optional way to supplement your gear if you have been unlucky with drops, and to provide a progression mechanic for players/characters that do not raid or at least do not do so regularly.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously they need to get rid of every single piece of valor gear. Asap. It shouldn't have been in at launch at all. If they honestly believe what they said in that blog then they need to get rid of it now. They need to be honest about the direction they want to take the game in. Leaving some of it in behind daily content shows that their worried about getting rid of it. That's not right though and it leads to the situation we have today precisely because valor gear upgrades still exist and people are so used to that system. No they need to get rid of it asap. That way the shock can get over people and people can leave and then the system can change sooner rather than later. Pussy footing around it only makes a bigger mess.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yes he can, because you still don't seem to understand that you don't have to do a single daily to spend valor if you complete the dread wastes. It takes 2-3 weeks to buy anything with valor so if you can't find a way to spend valor in 3 weeks then you need to reconsider how you spend your time in this game.
    You mean that after that 2-3 weeks I'm forced to do dailes like a champ if I want valor gear ? No, I'm understanding that perfectly fine, that was my point.

I can definitely see it not being optional up to revered. I myself was completely overloaded (gearing, working, girlfriend, dailies, raiding) the first few weeks of MoP and can more than understand where people are coming from. However, I do think dailies should be a necessary part of the game. I no longer do ALL the dailies every day since I have hit revered with everything, and instead choose 2-3 factions to do a day, usually Shado-Pan/Celestialials as a minimum.

I understand not wanting to do dailies, as they are not fun in the slightest. But as it has been stated in many threads, you should have to work for high rewards. Just manage your time and figure out what factions you need to do and which can wait another week or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    They keep it so that it can serve it's original purpose. Specifically, to provide an alternate but completely optional way to supplement your gear if you have been unlucky with drops, and to provide a progression mechanic for players/characters that do not raid or at least do not do so regularly.
    But it doesn't do that. The raids released today are MUCH better in terms of ilvl. Everyone else will be behind if they treat the valor gear as supplemental. Making it sub par doesn't make it an alternative to rng, it just means you got a weaker piece of crap. In fact with the point upgrade system it's probably gonna be better to just upgrade your heart of fear epic. As for people who don't raid regularly well they're fucked period. I don't raid regularly and I refused to do dailies so I was basically stuck at lfr and sha. The point system is fine it's whatever but they absolutely need to get rid of every piece of valor from dailies. In fact from the game in general.

That is the dumbest fucking thing they have ever done. Not since ghostcrawler said "rogues didn't feel special" have I ever felt they were that stupid and inept. valor was NEVER I REPEAT NEVER equivalent to what you got form killing bosses. Certainly not heroic bosses and not normal ones either especially when they removed the ability to get tier pieces.

You know what. You guys have bigger problems to deal with hahahahahaha the guy who runs your game has gone mental and off the rails. I was worried they weren't gonna make any changes but then I read that and naw it's only a matter of time now. I'm good. Carry on the discussion guys.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-30 at 04:38 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    Daily's are optional content. People need to stop complaining about being 'required' to do them all every day :P
    Optional? Nope.

Not if you want crafting recipies, if you want vp gear, if you want crafting mats.

Not optional as the exalted quests award current level epics and so are clearly designed to be completed this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Your logic is extremely flawed. No one is complaining about dungeons because blizzard fixed what was wrong with them. Instead of making them a long, painful job, all of MoP's dungeons are short and easily done with pugs in full greens smashing their faces on the keyboard. The people who complained about dungeons being too easy are also mollified because Blizzard added challenge modes to give them what they wanted. It has nothing to do with being required to run them.
    You are correct. They did fix what was wrong with them. And you even got it right that the trick was to not make them a long, painful job.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    This is exactly how things get changed. Past crying is exactly the reason why we have the system we have now. Don't tell me that complaining never has results because it does.
    And the complaining about it being too easy changed it to being too hard which changed it to being too easy. Sometimes you have to step back and ask if all the complaining YOU personally are making is actually worth changing the system for. It is too much to ask that you do 5 dailies for 7 days to unlock ALL the valor gear on a vendor? Is it too much to ask that you finish dread wastes to unlock half the valor gear without doing any dailies? All you have to do is a week of dailies to get revered to unlock all valor gear and you can have all valor unlocked in 2 weeks even with only an hour a day. It can even be done by a casual.

If an hour a week is too much for you I seriously question your view on how time passes.

Maybe Its because I have played MMO's that had -real- grind in them. You know something where it takes half a year to achieve a goal as opposed to an hour a day for a silly week. One friggen hour a day for a week is worth all this crying and carrying on? I hate dailies and I don't think its worth all this. I just do it and get it over with and I don't spend my time bellyaching for change. Better the devil you know than the one you don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    I hate daily and you can hate me if you want, I don't even know you...

But seriously, I don't think I'll play the full expansion, I already feel than I have nothing to do.

I hate/ignore daily.
    I have no time to waste with pet or farm.
    I like pvp but it's not enough to keep me playing.
    5mans are useless without rewards.
    I don't raid with guild.
    Wait, let me see if I get this...

You don't do dailies...
    You don't do pet battles of tillers because you have "no time to waste"
    You put it across that you don't do PvP or 5mans...
    And you don't raid.

I'm just struggling to understand why you have no time to do pet battles or tillers, considering you just admitted you do no pvp, pve/dailies. What are you actually doing that is taking up all of your time if you are ignoring all of the content?

I think this is more down to the fact you don't like the idea that you need to get out of a city in order to do stuff now, one of the lich babies used to sitting in a city waiting for a queue to pop up.

To all the people saying dailies are not optional, of course they are, you can get valor capped without them. To those that say you need the rep for gear to get into LFR etc, that is wrong, I was able to hit the ilvl required for LFR without valor gear, by the time I get the required rep for those factions I could have gear from, I won't need it.

The moaners are looking at it all wrong, you shouldn't rely on these factions being your only source of gear, I view them more as a TBC thing, where the main reason for grinding rep was for mounts and other items you wouldn't normally get from a raid or dungeon. The dailies take very little time to complete.

There is no way you need reputation items to meet the ilvl for LFR, I did it, it really wasn't difficult.

Dailies are here to stay, and I think it's a brilliant idea, no more rotting away in cities, that's a good enough reason for me to keep them. Lich King ruined a great deal of the game with it's spoon feeding mentality, and it's the Lich born player base that is making all the noise now about dailies. Don't like them, don't do them, just don't try to force this naive and petty view onto everyone else. The game is heading in the right direction and certainly won't miss the people who unsub because "wah wah I dun like dailies".

That is all.

Its not optional if you need the stuff the rep vendors drop to progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    But it doesn't do that. The raids released today are MUCH better in terms of ilvl. Everyone else will be behind if they do this. Making it sub par doesn't make it an alternative to rng, it just means you got a weaker piece of crap. In fact with the point upgrade system it's probably gonna be better to just upgrade your heart of fear epic. As for people who don't raid regularly well they're fucked period. I don't raid regularly and I refused to do dailies so I was basically stuck at lfr and sha.
    Are you still going at it?

Your not even reading what your replying to you brick! If a person isn't raiding, or raiding at a regular basis, the faction gear is a supplement to character progression and entirely optional. (You choose not to take that option, so stop fucking whining about it.., jesus fucking christ, 25 pages, 2+ threads, wake the F... up)

Anyone not taking that optional supplement is instantly behind when they aren't raiding, or raiding at a regular basis?- I can't believe people take you serious, your a massive troll or a 6 year old child.

If people don't raid at all, or don't raid at a regular basis they have no need for these optional and very few pieces of gear! (not that they need them to begin with)- next post from you I bet will be a defensive post in favor of blizzard telling someone how it is optional completely contradicting yourself.., as you've done for 50+ pages in both threads.