Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

New Simcraft version.

Is there someone else who have noticed huge increase in haste value as affliction in newest simcraft release? Even after certain haste caps it's simming higher. Currently 490ilvl and spend this night testing out different reforges/gems. I did manage to get my haste over 7k while maintaining hit cap and it's currently still top sim for me.

it is quite odd for me also. When i Sim my toon, even after reach the 2 haste breakpoints, it shows has as a quite higher stat weight then mastery/hit still.
    Finding it very difficult to get optimal reforges / gem set up with stat weights being so different.
    So I basically just tried for the 4717 plateau then mastery > hit.
    Last edited by Lyndonm33; 2012-10-30 at 09:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndonm33 View Post
    it is quite odd for me also. When i Sim my toon, even after reach the 2 haste breakpoints, it shows has as a quite higher stat weight then mastery/hit still.
    Finding it very difficult to get optimal reforges / gem set up with stat weights being so different.
    So I basically just tried for the 4717 plateau then mastery > hit.
    Exactly same here, I went for good old 4717 and then full mastery. Decided to try to aim for hitcap just to try it out and got close enough so I feel comfortable with it.

This is what I currently get.

Hm, odd. I did the same thing with the new version of SimulationCraft, and it still values Mastery quite a bit higher than Haste.

Haste-DPS
    0 ----80363
    500--80764
    1000-81520
    1500-81765
    2000-81893
    2500-82085
    3000-82262
    3500-82388
    4000-82490
    4500-82715
    5000-82748
    5500-82887
    6000-82850
    6500-82828
    7000-83100
    7500-83069

7k I can actually reach by regemming.

Quote Originally Posted by Isopahajuho View Post
    Exactly same here, I went for good old 4717 and then full mastery. Decided to try to aim for hitcap just to try it out and got close enough so I feel comfortable with it.

This is what I currently get.
    I'm sorry, I am new to simcraft. How do I find Scale Factors when I sim my character?

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I'm sorry, I am new to simcraft. How do I find Scale Factors when I sim my character?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...imulationCraft
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Deleted
    The gain/loss is ofc very small but still seems to be a bit confusing.

Deleted
    Noticing same thing since version 505-4 (the version downloadable from google code).
    Isn't the google code version a sort of beta?
    I am full mastery and so have 60.85% mastery unbuffed btw...does haste importance change once you reach certain point of mastery perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by bhutunga View Post
    Noticing same thing since version 505-4 (the version downloadable from google code).
    Isn't the google code version a sort of beta?
    Hard to say when you're not being very specific. If you're downloading a precompiled exe version of SimulationCraft then that is a release, not a beta.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not sure why people go for haste breakpoints. The difference between being at 4500 haste and being at 5000 haste is only 33 DPS. People need to stop with this myth about haste breakpoints being the end all thing to achieve because it hasn't been true since Cata launched. The only spec that actually benefited from haste breakpoints was Destro in Cata because Conflag scaled with total Immolate damage.

OT: Is there anyone good with the coding of sims? aka, what changed to make haste the better stat out of the blue? New spell priority, different gear set ups, changes in spell scaling?

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Still not sure why people go for haste breakpoints. The difference between being at 4500 haste and being at 5000 haste is only 33 DPS. People need to stop with this myth about haste breakpoints being the end all thing to achieve because it hasn't been true since Cata launched. The only spec that actually benefited from haste breakpoints was Destro in Cata because Conflag scaled with total Immolate damage.

OT: Is there anyone good with the coding of sims? aka, what changed to make haste the better stat out of the blue? New spell priority, different gear set ups, changes in spell scaling?
    Looking through the code revisions for simcraft before 505-4 tag and after 505-3, there's no specific warlock changes. There's a few changes in negative scale factors which may have had an effect though. (Though I believe neg scale factors are only used for hit/expertise).

It's possible a bug's been introduced.

Source

Not really seeing any change in values here.

505-3 had problems with scale factors ( and plots ) when running with multiple threads. The 505-4 scale factors should once again be stable.

If you ever think that a scale factor is off, you can manually calculate them by simulating a base sim and another one where you for example add +1000 of a stat to your gear. you can then analyze the html report of this delta sim more carefully, instead of just looking at the number of a scale factor.

Well , im currently running this scale factors as affliction:

Crit: 130
    Haste: 176
    Mastery:186

Im reaching the first cap of haste ( 4198 ). Evrelia told my that I should do and my Damage gained a bit more.
    My cuestion is , Should I continue with the cap of haste and then full mastery or ignore it and go full mastery ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcceballos View Post
    Well , im currently running this scale factors as affliction:

Crit: 130
    Haste: 176
    Mastery:186

Im reaching the first cap of haste ( 4198 ). Evrelia told my that I should do and my Damage gained a bit more.
    My cuestion is , Should I continue with the cap of haste and then full mastery or ignore it and go full mastery ?
    Depends on how much mastery you have.

If you can reach 4717 without sacrificing to much mastery go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Depends on how much mastery you have.

If you can reach 4717 without sacrificing to much mastery go for it.
    Im currently:

Intellect: 20171
    Haste: 9'88% ( 4200)
    Crit: 9'39 (1388)
    Mastery: 60'23% (6857)

No buffs, no grimoire

Quote Originally Posted by marcceballos View Post
    Im currently:

Intellect: 20171
    Haste: 9'88% ( 4200)
    Crit: 9'39 (1388)
    Mastery: 60'23% (6857)

No buffs, no grimoire
    Looks like you should be going for 4717 haste with that much mastery, from what I've found with myself, I never sacrifice mastery to get the breakpoints, so whenever I can safely get to a breakpoint and have a little more mastery then haste is what I found worked best in terms of what to aim for.
    Last edited by Kink; 2012-10-31 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted
    Do you guys actually plot your stats? Because When i do this there is NO!!!! point where haste value goes up or down, meaning that "THERE ARE NO HASTE BREAKPOINTS!!!". The dps just increases linearly with your haste increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    Do you guys actually plot your stats? Because When i do this there is NO!!!! point where haste value goes up or down, meaning that "THERE ARE NO HASTE BREAKPOINTS!!!". The dps just increases linearly with your haste increase.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but haste breakpoints are pretty real. If you have more than 1783 haste rating you gain 1 more agony tick. If you have 5319 haste rating you still get only one extra tick. But if you have 5320 you get 2 extra ticks. So haste values between breakpoints should be avoided and reforged to mastery.

When plotting haste make sure that you're plotting a big enough range to include the different breakpoints.

Tonight I'm going with 6637 haste (3 extra agony ticks, 2 corruption ticks, 2 unstable affliction ticks). Wonder how this will work out