Poll: Do you support a Cyber Bullying or in Person Bullying?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    When you're not a sociopath
    Your answer doesn't make sense with the question...but if the question is too hard to answer, let me give you the answer:

"Another person's words will only hurt you if a) it's the truth and you're ashamed of the truth, or b) you let them."
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkimble16 View Post
    Yeah. A kid can totally stand up against ten or more kids and walk away a big man.
    Usually only needs to happen to one. Most kids are followers and they are just trying to fit in you pop the ringleader in the face once I assure you shit will settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    That's not how natural selection works. It would only work that way if every single child was subjected to the same bullying, and thus over time weaned out those unable to handle it. But if you really want to equate what you had, to what some people who have killed themselves went through, you're woefully ignorant. For example, how many people have bullying follow them when they move to an entirely different city? Do you really think you can apply that situation to everyone else? Don't talk about processes if you have no idea how they work.

But I love the internet tough guy routine.
    Couldn't agree more with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you're not a sociopath
    Or when you are normal? Most people get harassed at some point in their lives and they either ignore it cause who cares, or they make themselves a bigger target by reacting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Your answer doesn't make sense with the question...but if the question is too hard to answer, let me give you the answer:

"Another person's words will only hurt you if a) it's the truth and you're ashamed of the truth, or b) you let them.
    Or if it's a lie that is repeated, again and again, by everyone in your social group until everyone you know believes it and you start doubting yourself. Because if everyone believes it, part of it must be true.
    We're talking about kids who are being told, by pretty much everyone in their age group, that the world would be better if that kid didn't exist.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I do, but I support it only if they're going to be very, very particular about what constitutes bullying. I don't want the casual ribbing that me and my friends used to do become classified as "bullying". I mean; growing a thick skin is something everyone should work on, and they're only going to do that if they're exposed to some bad things.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I 100% support anti-bullying laws. Adults get numerous protections against harassment. Children deserve protection too, but currently they aren't getting it. It's really sick to have a situation where children get less protection than adults.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Your answer doesn't make sense with the question...
    It totally does

"Another person's words will only hurt you if a) it's the truth and you're ashamed of the truth
    implying that the bullied kids somehow deserve to be bullied. What an asshole.

or b) you let them."
    Yes, bullied kids all around the world, don't let people pick on you. You just have to....not....let them....
    somehow.........

Or when you are normal? Most people get harassed at some point in their lives and they either ignore it cause who cares, or they make themselves a bigger target by reacting.
    We're talking about fucking kids.
    Not fornicating kids, but, you see, damn kids extremely vulnerable to peer pressure for whom the school is their entire life and if they don't have any friends in it, they're in for a real bad time, and it's no wonder some of them end up killing themselves. Because there isn't anything else in the world for them
    Last edited by Knight Gil; 2012-10-30 at 11:54 PM.

The amount of people who kill themselves because of bullying isn't significant enough to warrant instituting laws against bullying practices, especially given how vague those laws would need to be, ultimately leading to abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Usually only needs to happen to one. Most kids are followers and they are just trying to fit in you pop the ringleader in the face once I assure you shit will settle down.
    I was never picked on in High School and just about everyone was my friend. I do agree that showing the bullies that you won't stand for that kind of treatment may put a stop to it. Thing is it won't always work for everyone. Most people who get bullied don't even deserve it. They go to school, mind their own business, and get picked on. Why should someone have to "fight" to break away from that kind of mistreatment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    What makes being pursued at school and online even after changing not ]just schools, but cities, harassed constantly, physicaly attacked, and at one point even beaten up by a dozen other kids outside of school to the point of barely being able to crawl away "normal?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    After reading this.

Suicide After Battle With 'Vicious' Cyberbullying

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2040850.html

Another teen killed herself. It's the 3rd death this month. Another girl jumped on the train tracks in front of her fellow students a train killing her after being bullied by other kids at school. We can recall the original thread I had on Bully where a woman flashed a man over the internet. He emailed them to her friends, family and she killed herself.

In an generation where students bring guns to school shooting at they're class mates. Where Cyber Bullying causing real victims death. Do you think they should make a Anti Bully Law.

Two ways to bully:

A: Cyber Bully I'm sure some people are aware of.

B: Physical bullying

Obviously a ton of you MIGHT be affected if it's Cyber Bullying. But do you think it's national problem in the United States where we need to issue law's against this? It's very tricky. What should be the outcome if you're found guilty? is it fair? What is Bullying? etc
    in order to support a 'law' as you are requesting, you have to do the following;

1. define, in detail, what EXACTLY you are making the law against.
    2. define the punishment.
    3. write your 'law' in a way that it passes any constitutional challenge.

Just saying 'there oughta be a law' doesn't do anything to solve the problem.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by johnkimble16 View Post
    Yeah. A kid can totally stand up against ten or more kids and walk away a big man.
    i like how all the people who were afraid to stand up for themselves make it seem like bullies run around gang raping people.

99.9% of the time, it's namecalling, jokes at their expense, etc

in other words, it's just reality. the reason you end up with all these damn social retards is because they never have to learn how to deal with social situations. so they cry, sue, commit suicide, run away, cry, whatever

it all leads back to fear. they're scared, fear controls them, they'd rather die than risk getting punched in the face. you can fight a bully and get your ass kicked and USUALLY they're gonna leave you alone at some point, you're not an easy target. bullies don't wanna run into that kid that beats their skull against a sidewalk. that's their fear, to be seen as weak by the people they feel they have the respect of

at what point in life is it ok to roll over and take your ass kicking? if someone cuts in front of you in a line, do you let them? what about if they climb in your car at a redlight and want you to take them 2 blocks down the road?

you can't be useful in life if you're a big old sissy bitch. earlier you stand up the better. people need to see what they're made of. today, people avoid it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What an asshole.
    Yes, bullied kids all around the world, don't let people pick on you. You just have to....not....let them....
    somehow.........
    Honestly I'm kinda surprised you haven't been infracted yet in this thread. And yeah it's not hard to get them to stop you do something about it. I mean honestly did you need your hand held every time you experienced something new in life? You either inform the proper people IE: parents, teachers, or whomever else is supposed to be supervising you or you physically react and show them you aren't afraid of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Not all problems can be solved by throwing laws at them.

but ignoring them works wonders....

bullying is often trivialised as its kids, its not trivial, its assault, harassment, and in some cases manslaughter. it is a hate crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Question: why?

I mean aside from that exact same "casual ribbing" that you depict, is there any other particular objective reason a thick skin should be needed?
    if you let everything bother you, won't everything bother you?

who likes to be constantly bothered? nobody, so learn how to deal with it mentally or physically. average person does not want to be punched in the face nor do they want to punch someone in the face. as a kid, you can pop someone in the mouth, nobody really gets hurt and chances are, life gets better for you. i have never seen bullies get tired of picking on that kid who will never stand up to them. i've seen far more kids get fed up, beat the kid's ass and never have to worry about them again. you have to be willing to fight for your place in society

if you don't, you deserve 100% of what you get, even death. you're just not useful to anyone. i can't imagine any parent on earth wants a little chickenshit kid either. they won't say it, but parents with those kids are embarrassed, it's like owning a little toy dog

i got a little girl with cerebral palsy, she walks funny and will always walk funny. i told her "look, at some point people are gonna make fun of you, you can ignore them or give it right back. be witty. be smarter. don't let them think they're bothering you. well in 1st grade, on the playground, an older girl is making fun of her and tries to drag her into a big plastic tube to block her in, she uppercut her right under the chin, girl bit her tongue, cried and told on her, the end. that was it. now years later, nobody picks on her, she's a class clown, she has people she likes/dislikes just like everyone else. but she's not a target and she doesn't keep quite when she feels someone else is being targeted.

i'm extremely proud of how she dealt with that situation. she handled it. she decided at the age of 7 that she wasn't gonna be anyone's whipping boy and that's ALL YOU HAVE TO DO is decide to not take it.

it's really that simple. every bullied person takes it
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2012-10-31 at 12:04 AM.

What makes being pursued at school and online even after changing not ]just schools, but cities, harassed constantly, physicaly attacked, and at one point even beaten up by a dozen other kids outside of school to the point of barely being able to crawl away "normal?"
    Another person's words isn't anything close to what you said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Question: why?

I mean aside from that exact same "casual ribbing" that you depict, is there any other particular objective reason a thick skin should be needed?
    Because the world isn't a friendly place and that isn't going to change any time soon. Because reacting to insults that come from people who have no basis to insult you is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes being pursued at school and online even after changing not just schools, but cities, harassed constantly, physicaly attacked, and at one point even beaten up by a dozen other kids outside of school to the point of barely being able to crawl away "normal?"
    Then call the fucking police and sue their parents like a normal person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Or if it's a lie that is repeated, again and again, by everyone in your social group until everyone you know believes it and you start doubting yourself. Because if everyone believes it, part of it must be true.
    We're talking about kids who are being told, by pretty much everyone in their age group, that the world would be better if that kid didn't exist.
    Well, this sort of mentality is the byproduct of never actually having any real self-worth. Artificial praise ("self-esteem boosting") is just as harmful (if not more so) to one's ego than criticism is. It doesn't foster confidence in one's worth, it creates dependence on other peoples' opinions.

That dependence leads to one's personal identity becoming superseded by their group identity, which is hardly healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    99.9% of the time, it's namecalling, jokes at their expense, etc
    Nope.
    I won't quote made-up statistics, but I know for a fact that more 0.01% of bullying has physical violence associated with it.
    And in most cases it's a group against one person. Standing up against one person (who is socially more powerful than you) is hard enough (even for a lot of adults), standing up against a group is hard, requires big amounts of confidence and self-esteem and the knowledge that some people love you regardless. Which is exactly what a kid being bullied lacks because they're being bullied.
    Resurrected Holy Priest