Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think drones are an act of war.
    They're just an easy way of disposing of people the US government wants dead, whatever the reason, without giving them a fair trial, and with no regard with the loss of innocent lives, or even the sovereignty of the country where so called «terrorist» has taken shelter.

Also, is much cheaper just to use drones than to go into a full fledged war.
    But with drones, you need to ask for permission from local authorities to enter in their airspace;

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/globa...strikes/57285/
    Nevermind. I guess the USA doesn't even asks for permission.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    But with drones, you need to ask for permission from local authorities to enter in their airspace;
    Which gives a chance for the target to just move
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys do realize that drones are piloted, right? The cockpit just happens to be in a trailer somewhere instead of on the plane. Silly thread is silly.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    You guys do realize that drones are piloted, right? The cockpit just happens to be in a trailer somewhere instead of on the plane. Silly thread is silly.
    As much as I've tried to point this out, I'm amazed how many people think drones are wind-up killing machines.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    As much as I've tried to point this out, I'm amazed how many people think drones are wind-up killing machines.
    Its like listening to that story of the woman who got on the free way and thought that "cruise control" meant "autopilot" and simply started reading a book until she crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Which gives a chance for the target to just move
    Why even declare war anymore. Just bully your way to get whatever you want, even if it means killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in a neutral country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody has an opinion on everything but lots of people don't really know the details. Oh well, human nature I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Its like listening to that story of the woman who got on the free way and thought that "cruise control" meant "autopilot" and simply started reading a book until she crashed.
    Oh of course how could I miss it, it's always the same answer: people are idiots.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Why even declare war anymore. Just bully your way to get whatever you want, even if it means killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in a neutral country.
    What the hell are you talking about?

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:06 AM ----------

Oh of course how could I miss it, it's always the same answer: people are idiots.
    I think it's sig time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Your absolutely correct, however our country is trillions of dollars in debt and part of that is not only from wars we get involved in, but also from rebuilding after we have said wars. These wars cost our society tax dollars and more importantly the lives of our children and friends. This is all based on the "civilized" peoples decision. There is nothing civilized about that. Wars may or may not have a just cause, but for the burdens they impose on society there should be some rewards to make it worth while and thus I say "to the victors go the spoils"
    Yeah, only you're not at war with countries, you're at war with extremist minorities operating within said few countries in the Middle East.

Deleted
    I swear they told me it was a simulator, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    I swear they told me it was a simulator, honestly.
    Sure they did, Ender.

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    What happened to the good old days when you didn't care about war crimes? You went to war and either won or lost. People didn't lose and have the victors go in and rebuild thier country, the winners took thier shit.

IMO thats half the problem we have right now. If we would have went to Iraq, used the drones and our other resources, took thier shit and set up a wallmart we'd be payin a buck and a half for a gallon of gas.
    The good old times... ? Yes, because every war prior to the second World War was a jolly good experience for all involved I'm sure. :S War is never simple, and the first casualties are almost always innocence and truth.

In response to the OP, without besmirching your fellow countrymen, I would backhand America everytime it bombs something wondering aloud when the fuck someone will stand up and say 'fuck guys, maybe you shouldn't have done all that nasty stuff in Veitnam like napalm and chemical warfare'.

War crimes? More like an atrocious lack of fucks given for any fellow human being. War in itself should always be viewed as criminal in this day and age and avoided at all costs.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Deleted
    Did your brain just, fart?????

10+ Year Old Account
    See thats our problem these days. We as a nation are not willing to make potentially significant sacrifices to gain these 'victories'. We should be deciding if the benefit justifies the cost, then demanding things of the nations these terrorists are living in. "Oh but they control a bunch of oil, or labor, or strategic land.' Yeah well, THAT is the cost. It makes me wonder, if we are unwilling to pay that 'fee', if we are unwilling to risk the sacrifices of that nation turning around and saying 'hey F you man we aren't going to cooperate now get your air base out of here', then how badly do we REALLY want to get rid of these guys?

We want to have our cake and eat it too.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 09:09 PM ----------

Sure they did, Ender.

made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

What the hell are you talking about?

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:06 AM ----------

I think it's sig time.
    You don't know much about history do you? Hint: Cambodia

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    See thats our problem these days. We as a nation are not willing to make potentially significant sacrifices to gain these 'victories'. We should be deciding if the benefit justifies the cost, then demanding things of the nations these terrorists are living in. "Oh but they control a bunch of oil, or labor, or strategic land.' Yeah well, THAT is the cost. It makes me wonder, if we are unwilling to pay that 'fee', if we are unwilling to risk the sacrifices of that nation turning around and saying 'hey F you man we aren't going to cooperate now get your air base out of here', then how badly do we REALLY want to get rid of these guys?

We want to have our cake and eat it too.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 09:09 PM ----------

made me smile.
    Not sure what you're talking about. Could you put it more succinctly?

Deleted

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:11 AM ----------

Not sure what you're talking about. Could you put it more succinctly?
    Good job tying in the Vietnam war to drone strikes. They're totally related.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you mean Laos.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Good job tying in the Vietnam war to drone strikes. They're totally related.
    I wasn't the one to tie it in. The person I quoted said we should go in without any regards to neutrality, or national borders, lest they get away. So, in a way, it is related to the Vietnam War.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I am so glad people like you do not serve in my beloved Regiment. Even in war we must have standards, otherwise we are no better than animals.
    Here here! ...also, sadly, welcome to mmochamp.

OT: they are only evil and war-crime-ish when they are turned on your own people? /facepalm
    I hate to call it, but I think unmanned drones with absolute killing powers roving the streets in packs, working on programming is a very bad idea. But hey, it's cool, maybe someone will hack them and return to sender?
    Just wait untl they run on dna targeting....or maybe they already do?

Also...I already consider america as a whole to be a war crime nation, completely full of corruption and bad ideals, highly flavoured with the inability to play nice and not be a selfish prick when playing with others.
    Pretty much...I see the entire country as Cartman. Yah I said it. No not you who live there, but if america had a persona, it would be cartman without fail.
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2012-10-31 at 01:28 AM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.