Deleted

The Retri Paladin One Shot Macro

As the title so briefly says.

We all know Retri paladins can pop our HA+Wings+Guardian together with Inq and do LOL damage for 20 seconds.

I wondered if there were any way to possibly improve this.

So I made this, added an extra "touch" to it, with a simple glyph

I'm sorry for my english, I'm a danish dude

Maybe this is something everyone have been doing or maybe it's a whole new aspect, who knows!

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TB6QTTDoDk
    Last edited by mmoc3ddbbdc247; 2012-10-29 at 12:34 AM.

Pretty neat, Ive never tried holy avenger as a talent only because I find it hard to bypass the 3 sec Hammers and 30 seconds of wings uptime.

Everytime I go big and red with wings everyone scatters and I get CCed hardcore. I usually only spend 5 of the 15 seconds actually near an opponent.

The burst however seems amazing with HA. might try it tonight.

Deleted
    Yeah, the synergy with HA giving 30% more damage to your abilities which generate HP's is just awesome
    + the 20% dmg from wings
    + 30% holy dmg from inq
    + 20% more str from GoAK
    +20% more dmg on judg with that glyph/macro...

That shit is crazy

Deleted
    Please don't humiliate your fellow retadins by calling it "One shot macro"....

shame all of those kills were critters also, don't forget that whacking a dummy is kind of irrelevant to pvp.

beside that, I would suggest removing GoAK out of your one shot macro and pop it 10 seconds before going for the kill(if you get change to setup for it at least).

for those who just now figured out that HA is actually pretty good... don't forget it also offers controlled healing/damage vs the randomness of Divine Purpose and if you play more serious pvp you will find out HA is pretty much a no brainer.
    if you wonder which one might be better, a 30 second wings duration or HA, it will be HA most of the time just because if you pop trinket/wings/HA you will have really good burst. for the cc argument, just manage your cooldowns a bit more decently and you could have trinket during all those cd's or you could just save HA for after wings which has an animation that pretty much shouts "CC ME!!!".

so called 'oneshot macros' promote bad play and improper cd usage.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    so called 'oneshot macros' promote bad play and improper cd usage.
    This isn't even a oneshot macro. It's just a "hey guys I wanna waste all I have got and leave now" macro.

The only reason this looks so ridiculous is because of the flask and Mogu Power potion: stacking those with GoAK giving you 20% extra strength, along with the pvp strength trinket, gives you an absurd amount of damage for the duration of the buffs. In an arena when you can't use those potions and flasks, the damage is much more tame.

Another thing is that while Double Jeopardy is good and worth using, it isn't the majority of your burst damage. Hammer of Wrath does more damage flat out, and also deals Hand of Light damage. Exorcism also does more damage than a Double Jeopardy, even without Hand of Light.

If you really want to set up perfect burst, you pop Guardian, get inquisition up, Crusader Strike to get the 800 pvp power from the 2 set bonus, and then pop HA+AW+trinket and Hammer of Wrath your target, Templar's verdict, exorcism, Hammer of Wrath, etc. Double Jeopardy is definitely nice to have when you can take advantage of it, but it still pales in comparison to the damage your other abilities do.
    Last edited by mmmmmmmBacon; 2012-10-30 at 04:55 AM.

You would do even more dmg if you knew how to actually use your CDs insted of making a "One Shot Macro".

As the others mentioned, letting GoAK get stacks for about 10 seconds give you alot more Str, and since AW and HA last 20 seconds you dont need to pop them at the same time as GoAK that last for 30 seconds. The only time you want that is when you know you can get a full duration of AW when having SW talent (Giving you an AW that last 30seconds insted of 20).

So GoAK, Judgement (On another player for the 20% extra dmg from glyph, and if you're not in melee range), CS for the PvP power from set bonus, Exo, Inq, now you should have spent about 5 seconds. So wait 5 more, then pop AW, ES (To not lose a GCD when you got HA), Stun, HA, Nuke this shit out of him/her.

As a aret it is important to build up your dmg and then nuke at the right time, and in arena - nuke when you know your team mate is ready for nuke aswell. That way you pretty much got a kill, atleast in the lower bracket.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Please don't humiliate your fellow retadins by calling it "One shot macro"....
    This
    (10 chars)

Please refrain from making 'this' posts. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-10-30 at 03:27 PM.
    "In space, no one can hear you unless you scream!"

I remember in Vanilla doing a semi 1 shot macro with the Six Demon Bag http://www.wowhead.com/item=7734 . That was fun.

Deleted
    Only 'One shot macro' that's worth mentioning for pallys is the Reckoning Bomb.

We do good DPS for about 30 seconds every 5 minutes with Guardian of Ancient Kings and all our other Cooldowns ready.

Kinda makes me laugh in a way; the whole point of the Ret revamp was that Paladin DPS would be less proccy, only now we've traded Proc-DPS for CD-Dependent DPS.

Deleted
    The sad thing about people on mmo is, people always judge directly towards what they see.

You honestly think I'm not aware about letting GoAK stack for 10secs beforehand.. In Cata i played in top guilds, getting top 10 ranks on many fights.

This I made to "everyone" and by that I also focused this to the newcommers to retridins, who ain't that brilliant @ pressing 6 different buttons in order to pop your burst..

And yes, I indeed am aware of HoW hitting for more than judg, also including the mastery which judg doesnt benefit from.

Nonetheless, chill guys, why sooo much hate

Just listed an, imo, cool macro which I think could be used for various occasions.

@Bonkura - As ret, you don't use all your dps CD's when going for a straight kill?

@Gilfer - funny you say that HA is a no-brainer.. I've seen a lot of Vanguards streams and he tend to use DP. But yeh ^.^ - I guess it's situational & comp wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Faxii View Post
    @Bonkura - As ret, you don't use all your dps CD's when going for a straight kill?
    When the kill has been set up, sure, but never right off the bat and rarely on someone who is high on health. As someone already pointed out in this thread HA and even AW are sometimes used defensively to save your team from dying.

What makes this look dumb isn't just the fact that you're blowing all your CD's in a macro that anyone would be able to figure out (and that it doesn't have a followup like hunters and their castsequence oneshot macros), it's also the fact that even with all your CD's up you're rarely gonna kill someone in a competitive PvP environment where people have gear/brain and help from their team mates. To land a kill you're gonna have to set it up with CCs etc or play something stupid like triple dps or just with a hunter/warrior in 2s (where you're not gonna be the one bringing most of the damage anyway).

@faxii true dat, though I'm sure he only uses DP against spell cleave teams(sorry if I'm wrong on this one).

Still I think suggesting ppl should macro wings together with guardian is not a good idea and same goes for HA. Trinket and Glove tinker on the hand are imo fine to macro into wings,HA same for glove tinker + ES.

Deleted
    I really don't see what all the fuss is, that everyone needs to come and pass negative statements about his macro. If it works for him and other people than fine why not, besides this is a good macro for 2 and even 3 where everything is based on blasting people in the 1st 30 secs. If the fight outlasts 30 secs then its anyone's game.

So i personally like his macro, at least he posted something to help the community. To all the naysayers all i will say, with due respect is that if you don't like what he has made, both the video and his post. Then make your rebuttal of equally significant substance, rather than just saying its a no brainier, etc etc.

@ Faxi +1 and subbed

Quote Originally Posted by Esfandiyar View Post
    I really don't see what all the fuss is, that everyone needs to come and pass negative statements about his macro. If it works for him and other people than fine why not, besides this is a good macro for 2 and even 3 where everything is based on blasting people in the 1st 30 secs. If the fight outlasts 30 secs then its anyone's game.

So i personally like his macro, at least he posted something to help the community. To all the naysayers all i will say, with due respect is that if you don't like what he has made, both the video and his post. Then make your rebuttal of equally significant substance, rather than just saying its a no brainier, etc etc.

@ Faxi +1 and subbed
    How about you actually read the posts in the thread and try learn something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    How about you actually read the posts in the thread and try learn something.
    That is not a very polite nor constructive reply to the point which i was trying to put across. I do not need to learn anything, if it is being pushed down my throat, i enjoyed watching his video which was entertaining and interesting. At the end of the day, warcraft is a game and for me it is entertainment, takes away the edge of stress from a busy day at the office.

Whilst i always respect the opinion of my peers, i do not have to agree with said opinion. Likewise, whilst i did read the entire thread, i felt i did not agree with it, it would also serve you well in future to show a slight modicum of civility when conversing with someone, be it in person or the interwebz.

Good day to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Esfandiyar View Post
    Good day to you.
    I SAID GOOD DAY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Rjn6W9jYk