Quote Originally Posted by Stratogod View Post
    i got a gemming question here and after doing number, id like to know whats better 20agi or 160mast?

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 02:06 AM ----------

whats better 20agi or 160mast? im asking because of gemming and bonuses
    I don't even have to sim it to tell you 160 mastery is better than 20 Agi. Generally socket bonuses are always worth it since we get double secondary stats on gems now, at least I personally have not come across a socket bonus that wasn't worth picking up by using hybrid gems.
    Last edited by Longrod Vonhugendong; 2012-10-30 at 06:39 AM.

There are actually a lot of socket bonuses you don't want to pick up, most of the time if it's not an agility socket bonus you don't want it.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Does anyone happen to have the numbers for the t14 2/4 piece?

Oldish, but they should still be mostly accurate:
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx
    Talent numbers:

Set Bonus numbers (these numbers remove 1 of the two bonuses to determine the value of the removed bonus):

2-piece bonus: 0.819% DPS increase (988 DPS in BiS gear)
    4-piece bonus: 1.898% DPS increase (2,266 DPS in BiS gear)
    TL;DR they suck but they're better than nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post

Do you have any ranking on PvP gear(4 set bonus) and how well ranked the set bonues is compared to heroic gear/tier gear vs Honor/Conquest ?

Full normal mode MSV BiS beat 4pConquest + Galleon Helm (it was the best off-piece that was available when I did the comparison, there's better now of course) by 100 DPS. The set bonus itself is very strong but you lose far to much to for it to really be worth it.

Basically, if you happen to be just starting to gear up for PvE and you already had the conquest 4 set because you're primarily a PvPer, then it's good, but if you're a semi-hardcore PvEr you shouldn't be going out of their way to get it because you'll have better by the time you can complete it. If you're just casually progressing through normals and have little to no plans for heroic modes then you could consider it, depends on your pace.

Personally, when I calculated what I could get with my CP I found that switching to 4p Conquest would've been a 400 DPS gain for me at the time, and the Crit/Mastery boots were also 400 DPS gain (from the Sha boots) so it was a no brainer. Until you've got 483s or higher in every slot it'll probably be far better to spend your CP on single slot upgrades than going for the 4-piece so that's why I think very few people would benefit from it.

PS: The Malevolent Gladiator's Boots of Cruelty are better than anything 489 or lower (at least for DoC).
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-10-30 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post

althought the 4 pc does suck what do you think for the off piece? looks like all tier with legs for off piece

If you can get your hands on the elite or heroic elite legs for normal and heroic respectively then it is the obvious choice. If not, you're probably looking at the crafted gloves for normal mode or the heroic non-elite legs for heroic (if the those don't exist, which it's looking like they might not, then either the normal elite legs or the heroic Bonebreaker Gauntlets are pretty close, either way it's marginal).
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-10-31 at 10:54 PM.

Hey all, first, thank you for this amazing guide, it's been a ton of help for me. I had a quick question, and it doesn't appear to have been asked here (and if it has, I apologize for missing it). Would it be reasonable to use Berserk and NV at the same time? I'm thinking so, since Berserk = more energy for abilities and that combined with the increased damage of NV sounds like popping the two at the same time would be best. Does that sound correct or am I mistaken? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpcat View Post
    Hey all, first, thank you for this amazing guide, it's been a ton of help for me. I had a quick question, and it doesn't appear to have been asked here (and if it has, I apologize for missing it). Would it be reasonable to use Berserk and NV at the same time? I'm thinking so, since Berserk = more energy for abilities and that combined with the increased damage of NV sounds like popping the two at the same time would be best. Does that sound correct or am I mistaken? Thanks!
    Yes, I macro them together since they both have a 3 min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Longrod Vonhugendong View Post
    Yes, I macro them together since they both have a 3 min CD.
    Excellent, thank you so much for the quick response!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpcat View Post
    yup, if you're using NV try and tie it in with as many CD's as possible, be it pots/beserking(troll racial)/TF/eng gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    yup, if you're using NV try and tie it in with as many CD's as possible, be it pots/beserking(troll racial)/TF/eng gloves.
    don't forget the war banner which up by 20% the damage of crit, and ravage crit 50% percent more at the pull.

Deleted
    Feral set bonus needs a buff, warriors and rets one is insane....

Deleted
    http://i49.tinypic.com/bifbb.jpg 5:30~~ 2x Berserk Mastery build SotF + NV

http://i45.tinypic.com/s2fzg8.jpg 5:14 ~~ 2x Berserk Crit,Haste Incernation+NV

Quote Originally Posted by Elkom View Post

bad comparison, the pillow is always full life so ravage has 50% more crit and moreover you don't have any raid buff, so you miss parameter.

We also have very little idea if you were any good at executing the rotation from a screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkom View Post

Why doesn't his SotF/nv meter look right to me... Shred is usually in the top three damage abilities when I use it? Is that not normal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzumzah View Post
    Why doesn't his SotF/nv meter look right to me... Shred is usually in the top three damage abilities when I use it? Is that not normal?
    I dont really know how you manage to get shred up there o.O Which stats are you going for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    Feral set bonus needs a buff, warriors and rets one is insane....
    /co-sign. I saw the one for rets and laterally went.... -_- watdafuqisthisshit? Wish they would do something like that with ferals for zerk :<