Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    My current UI in action:

I know it looks cluttered but I can't make it any more clean without sacrificing raid performance. Raid frames need to be somewhere close to my other stuff to not force me to move my eyes to corners to check health status. I need to track all those buffs and cooldowns and I need to track my dots. I feel too many try to make too clean UIs and they remove things which they seem to deem not neccessary or relevant information but that is usually because they are not good enough players to make use of what they remove.
    Seems like ElvUI, just looks much better, any chance of an upload?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elfox View Post

Hugely inspired by TUSUI, however I didn't use anything but the base design of it, and I put it together myself, and made my own modifications to it.
    That's a totally AMAZING UI! I'll be stealing A LOT of ideas from them!

Deleted
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-10-29 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Haha thanks. Yeah I'm still here. Been rocking that same UI for a while so been kind of quiet. Though I was looking through old screenshots and I kind of want to remake this: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...407_004408.jpg though it would have a more traditional buff system. Maybe even take the theme of it and intertwine it with my current set up.
    Neat! Looking forward to any progress pics

I was actually looking around for some of your old screenshots not that long ago for inspiration when I was wanting to make a gradient UI :P

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

I need 10 posts to post my UI? really?? , why that?..

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    So, changed Unit Frames... and such.
    DBM Timers are already on a right position. Screenshot still has old position.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoW...912_114844.jpg
    Would you mind sharing that stunning UI? It's amazing

Last edited by am2pm; 2012-11-04 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    TO 2012-10-28, 04:33

Quenios

Do you mind sharing the addons you use, Im a total knob when it comes down to addons.
    Warrior myself, and yours is ust awesome.

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    So, changed Unit Frames... and such.
    DBM Timers are already on a right position. Screenshot still has old position.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoW...912_114844.jpg
    I like it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Taumma View Post
    *video snipped as I am newbsauce and can't link it*

Video of my UI in combat.
    Taumma, first let me say I really like you're UI. Very very clean. Just curious about the text/bar at the bottom of your player frame though. Would you mind telling me what it is the text/bar at the bottom of your player frame is showing you?

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-10-31 at 06:52 AM.

UI is still not entirely done ... not entirely happy with the touchy style unitframes so i might be scratching this ui entirely except for the WeakAuras.

*Disclaimer* : Lower volume on video if you dont want music .. i just cant stand silent videos so i rendered it with a song from my collection.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    UI is still not entirely done ... not entirely happy with the touchy style unitframes so i might be scratching this ui entirely except for the WeakAuras.
    Nice work on the weakauras there! Have you considered moving them above you Dot bars? Not sure how it feel when playing but just looking at your video I have a hard time keeing an eye on both^^
    Also not sure why you have MB and DP on your bars since you got those weakauras showing their CDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Nice work on the weakauras there! Have you considered moving them above you Dot bars? Not sure how it feel when playing but just looking at your video I have a hard time keeing an eye on both^^
    Also not sure why you have MB and DP on your bars since you got those weakauras showing their CDs?
    thanks the weak auras are not my work, I got them from a youtuber KarlusDavis. MB and DP are there cause I didn't have those auras made yet. I have them to the side cause I just glance at it time to time and the flashing allows me to pay attention. I personally have an issue with tunnel vision so to combat it I put things I need to the sides and it let's me still focus on everything I need. just a trick I made formyself over he years

It amuses me to know there's a "style" of unit frames that occasionally people link my (character's) name with. I don't know who/what my influences were but I'm sure it's just an amalgamation of ideas I saw elsewhere. Everything is a remix even if I've just forgotten what my sources are. I was probably just aping the design of a photocopier I liked or something (the white line unit frames in my tank ui were influenced by the coffee maker my paladin is named after).Anyway, at least we agree that they're not worth being 'totally happy' with - I just don't have a good replacement.

My old goal of getting a UI out by October is shot. Some of it comes down to my favorite classes being kind of crumby to play right now (priests got less fun IMO, and DKs are so good I had to bench my warrior) but a lot of it comes down to real life: turns out that I have to work a lot harder to graduate this time than I did when I did comp-sci. I might be a good math nerd but I'm almost worthless as a 'real scientist'.
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2012-11-01 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    It amuses me to know there's a "style" of unit frames that occasionally people link my (character's) name with. I don't know who/what my influences were but I'm sure it's just an amalgamation of ideas I saw elsewhere. Everything is a remix even if I've just forgotten what my sources are. I was probably just aping the design of a photocopier I liked or something (the white line unit frames in my tank ui were influenced by the coffee maker my paladin is named after).Anyway, at least we agree that they're not worth being 'totally happy' with - I just don't have a good replacement.

My old goal of getting a UI out by October is shot. Some of it comes down to my favorite classes being kind of crumby to play right now (priests got less fun IMO, and DKs are so good I had to bench my warrior) but a lot of it comes down to real life: turns out that I have to work a lot harder to graduate this time than I did when I did comp-sci. I might be a good math nerd but I'm almost worthless as a 'real scientist'.
    dont get me wrong evn[touchy] i love the look of the style of ui you had made and honestly i wouldnt have tried to remake it if i didnt like the look of it. I remember back in Firelands i came across your WeakAuras dynamic group concept for shadow rotation, hell i even tried to contact you and also look around for anyone with lua knowledge to see if it was possible to make thr VT/SWP lua to work again.

Your UI's have always been an inspiration for me, ive always liked minimalistic ui's .. on these forums ive had a history of looking around for different elements that i liked and i would try to recreate it on my own for my ui, i think nowadays everyone does this and gets inspirations from everyones style. Foremost i just want to thank you for being a constant inspiration in styles and also showing me what WeakAuras can really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Haha thanks. Yeah I'm still here. Been rocking that same UI for a while so been kind of quiet. Though I was looking through old screenshots and I kind of want to remake this: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...407_004408.jpg though it would have a more traditional buff system. Maybe even take the theme of it and intertwine it with my current set up.
    I have a screenshot of my hunter when I was using that UI during TBC. I loved your UIs a lot back then.

*Disclaimer* : Lower volume on video if you dont want music .. i just cant stand silent videos so i rendered it with a song from my collection.
    --- video snipped ---
    Changed the UI quite a bit ... it was more towards what it was in Firelands right before I quit WoW. Still not 100% done but i dont think any UI will ever be 100% complete.

Last edited by Kepi; 2012-11-01 at 08:53 PM.

Changed the UI quite a bit ... it was more towards what it was in Firelands right before I quit WoW. Still not 100% done but i dont think any UI will ever be 100% complete.

What texture are you using for the frames? Looks like it might be Striped which i have, but at the same time the definition on the stripes look a little different from my texture. If it's a self-made one, would you mind sharing it?
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t