Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome model I like it. Now that his model got updated maybe not as much as Thrall but still.. that means he will play a major big role in this expansion specially when it comes to end Garrosh reign.

Deleted
    This model pretty much confirms that Vol'jin won't be the next Warchief. His models isn't near the level of detail that Thrall's model has.

Your hope ends here, fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    This model pretty much confirms that Vol'jin won't be the next Warchief. His models isn't near the level of detail that Thrall's model has.

That and ears, bigger ears mean worthless character.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcorn1992 View Post
    Why can't they make gear look like this! I would love to see "Cultural armor" just for your race. But that would be a lot of work, so that's not gonna happen.
    one person could make a race-specific cultural set for every race in a week easy. it could be done in 2 days if someone worked hard on it. making armor is very easy, coming up with the designs takes longer than actually putting it in game

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not so sure. Garrosh's isn't exactly stellar either, but he gets the job done. Sylvanas has a better one than him.

I'd put money on Vol'jin between this unique model, an entire novel about him, and him being played up as Garrosh's one true "rival" above all others.

Deleted
    Damn. I agree with Trassk. Total stud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambooka View Post
    Damn. I agree with Trassk. Total stud.
    I now right!? Join me my troll brother, we will slaughter Garrosh for his attempt to kill your leader!
    For the True Horde!
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I now right!? Join me my troll brother, we will slaughter Garrosh for his attempt to kill your leader!
    For the True Horde!
    I'll be there. Just give me a moment to fan myself down.

Except Thrall was not given that detailed of a model to be warchief. He was given that model because not only did his original updated model look completely un Thrall like with it's silly hunchback, but he also had a huge role to play in the Twilight and Dragon Soul raids, as well as the Maelstrom storyline.

Garrosh was given his new model for being Warchief, and Garrosh's quality is about on par with Vol'jin's. Nothing but more polygons and a new skin with some adjustments in body proportion.

So while I could give a fuck who is warchief and am fine to see what Blizzard decides, you're wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    one person could make a race-specific cultural set for every race in a week easy. it could be done in 2 days if someone worked hard on it. making armor is very easy, coming up with the designs takes longer than actually putting it in game
    It's so much more complicated than that with how cause and effect works, but they've been making cultural gear for every new race since TBC. I really hoped they'd do this in Cataclysm for the old races once they redid their starting zones, but alas, they did not.

Night Elves and Tauren really need it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I'm not so sure. Garrosh's isn't exactly stellar either, but he gets the job done. Sylvanas has a better one than him.

I'd put money on Vol'jin between this unique model, an entire novel about him, and him being played up as Garrosh's one true "rival" above all others.
    Garrosh's model is just as detailed a job quality wise as Sylvanas I'd say, the difference is people don't like his head being the proportion it is to his body. I happen to really like it. It makes him look like a brute, and it reminds me of Kintaro from Mortal Kombat.
    Last edited by Yig; 2012-10-31 at 07:03 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Vol'jin Model - In Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FireMageAl View Post
    Vol'jin Model - In Game

-video-
    Aw, they dump his body in a well.

Wonder how he ends up there though. I thought the player stopped the assassin at the end of the scenario, seems odd the player would let his body end up thrown down a well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Aw, they dump his body in a well.

Wonder how he ends up there though. I thought the player stopped the assassin at the end of the scenario, seems odd the player would let his body end up thrown down a well.
    I thought the scenario was meant to be, like, us playing the roll as vol'jin. I swear then scenario's were announced they promised us it would allow us to play as lore characters to see the story in those scenarios play out, rather then just another dungeon.

It won't make sense. I can bet you anything in the novel, Vol'jin will be on his own against the assassin, who he wounded and thrown down the well, but in the scenario, they will retcon it around so the player feels like they are part of the adventure, playing as vol'jin best buddy tagging along on his mission (what a freaking sue)
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Ellendway View Post
    Looks awesome!

Why is he still of the hunched over variety? Sigh! Stand straight, you hear me?

Deleted
    Here's the link to his model viewer if anybody wants it:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=207873/5...1:46581:0:10+0

Pretty cool to see the troll animations on an updated model!

Oh man thanks! Awesome.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Thanks for this link, I've been trying to get a view of him in the modelviewer since his image release and haven't been able to make it work. Now that I get a good view of his face (and hit stop so he quits crouching out of view) his mouth doesn't look half bad at all. It's the size and placement of the tusks that look really, REALLY wonky. The tattoo placement doesn't help too much either, but I can see what they were trying to do. It works close up, and that's how the artists worked on it, but from far away, how us players will see it ingame, it just looks funky.

That aside, nice work art team, can't wait to see the new Zandalari (not the playable ones) models in 5.2.

Adjust the earlobe and were ok.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    But Garrosh was always just the temporary replacement for Thrall. Compare Garrosh' model to Thrall's.
    You can see that Blizzard has far bigger plans for Thrall than for any of the other characters.

However, I guess you're right that Vol'jin in theory could take the spot of Warchief while Thrall's role is even more important than Warchief. But I just don't see it happening. I bet Thrall will return.

Everything below neck looks great, but his face is not really well delivered. I made a picture of how I think should Vol'Jin look like:

The issue was that his scull shape got changed, his tusks were way too thick and badly positioned to the point that is seemed impossible for Vol'Jin to even speak and open his mouth. On the loading screen is presented his new model, and I think that he lost his wise look, and to be honest I don't see Vol'Jin in him anymore.
    Yet with those changes I am proposing with very little effort he can get back the "troll essence and feel".

What I basicly did was:
    - straightening his nose and extend it a little.
    - changing his forehead structure.
    - making his face "longer" by extending his chin.
    - changing the shape of his ears back to the way they look currently in game
    - And the most important : I changed the size and re-positioned the tusks, so we clearly see now where are they coming from, and wee see that it's possible for him now to actually open his mouth now.

I changed all those things becuase quite some people mentioned those issues (mainly ears and tusks).

What do you guys think? Can somebody post it on US forums? I'd be looking forward to opinions of people.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2012-11-01 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Except Thrall was not given that detailed of a model to be warchief. He was given that model because not only did his original updated model look completely un Thrall like with it's silly hunchback, but he also had a huge role to play in the Twilight and Dragon Soul raids, as well as the Maelstrom storyline.
    You're wrong. Thrall has been given this extremely detailed model because he's pretty much the single most important character in the Warcraft lore. It hasn't been made for just the Cataclysm story. They have a lot more planned for him. Wether that is his return as Warchief or an even bigger role remains to be seen.

However, you're right that this doesn't outrule the possibility of Vol'jin becoming Warchief, since Garrosh' model wasn't on par with Thrall either. But I still don't see it happening.