Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I played WoW for around 5 years but quit during DS back in December last year, I recently picked up MoP but unsubbed at level 88 and really have no intention of coming back. I was playing both MoP and GW2 side by side but yeah.. GW2 does the questing better and just feels 'nicer' to play. I just could not find the motivation to keep playing MoP so I guess I shall remain as one of those that bought the xpac and hasnt hit 90.

Maybe later down the line I might pick it up again but right now there are other games that just do it better. Never say never though right.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the first time in 7 years i have stopped raiding. Got 1/6 heroic vaults then stopped and don't plan on starting again anytime soon. There is nothing new and nothing new to learn in the new raids. The bosses are doing the same mechanics that have been in fights years ago and its just getting boring. I am not the only person that i have know of to stop other guildies have stopped as well. The fact that i got bored in a week and half is something. I was less bored doing ds for 8 months or icc for a year. Vaults at least offered nothing new. I can't say for the other 2 but i don't plan to find out.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Only reason it took me so long to start raiding is cause I had to wait for enough people to be ready, and even now I've only downed one boss on MSV reg. I'll be trying again this weekend ^_^.

It's always a mixture of amusement, amazement, and disappointment to see how the people who feel the need to rush through new content as fast as freaking possible view the people who aren't them.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Personally, having to sacrifice half of the week's evenings for a computer game isn't appealing anymore. And casually raiding less than 3 days per week doesn't feel much different from LFR.

As a BC/LK full time raider, I tried getting into raiding in Cataclysm but even with different fights it still boiled down to "This is the add phase, this is the gimmick phase, this is the pop everything and burn phase", so I couldn't get into it.

I think it's the running 5-10 mins from boss to boss killing some adds that will die anyway so why put them there anymore, then rinse repeat on every boss that burned me out. Plus the lore behind them is uninteresting or vague, so I have no hate or awe for the boss the same way I did for LK or Onyxia or KT or bosses in Medivh's tower etc.

As for pandaria it's all very pretty but all very boring mostly, have no desire whatsoever getting into vent and starting that stuff again, cause I can't hate the bosses or care who/what they are, most of the time it's some generic story pulled out of nowhere and no relation to Warcraft lore, so I can't be bothered.

Hell only boss I cared about in Cataclysm was Deathwing, but that was only cause I knew him from Warcraft 2.
    Last edited by ElvenArcher; 2012-11-01 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Personally, having to sacrifice half of the week's evenings for a computer game isn't appealing anymore. And casually raiding less than 3 days per week doesn't feel much different from LFR.
    ^

people might have grown up finally and see raiding for what it is: massive time consumption
    lfr shows same content with 1/10 of the time needed

Interesting stats. I can say for myself that the idea of playing on a fixed schedule 3 nights per week is no longer particularly appealing.

I am one of those who didnt kill a boss and who don't give a shit about raiding

Completly uninteresting of doing Looking for retard and also uninteresting of raiding with a selective 10 men group
    So basically, uninteresting of grinding the 2 point of my ilvl for doing Looking For Retard

I'm doing daily's to keep me occupied and I'm doing some Monk leveling. I don't care about killing the content

So far, Raiding is overatted and completlly non-epic, uninteresting (like doing 5 men heroics)

And also, don't ask me why, I think MoP is good, it's just I don't like whatt have become of raiding since the end Wrath
    Last edited by Phuongvi; 2012-11-01 at 12:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    ^

people might have grown up finally and see raiding for what it is: massive time consumption
    In a way absolutely this....
    I cannot talk about the other millions..... For myself, I grown out of the raiding chore. yes chore.. Raiding to me is the biggest repetitive grind in the game. It yields epics. shiny gear.... sure it does.. And once I got it all, I am going to throw it away again, cause new, better gear comes around....

Might as well just tie me to a chariot and hold a carrot in front of my face so I can start running to catch it.
    That's about as stupid I felt after some years of raiding. It's outright idiotic to me personally to sink all that time into it, when at the end of the day I got barely anything left from it.
    Once in a while the feel comes up... Then I get this inner tickle, a slight approach of an urge to go now and do it.
    At the same moment however, all the negative side effects come to mind, and I am cured faster than I could type "I go, invite"......

Raiding was the biggest part that drove me to the edge of burned out from the game. Since I stopped committing to it, I'm fine again.

While I didn't think so few people were raiding, this is not surprising.

MoP has so much to do, that people can choose whether they want to raid right now or not.

I myself nearly didn't go level to 90 in Pandaria because I got engaged with Pet Battles...

Not raiding living pioneer style in south eastern pa with no power. Reduced to forums on my iPhone. Would happily do my dailys if I could.

personally, I'm unable to raid with my guild atm because of my work schedule. I'm waiting for people to get alts leveled so I can raid with them on the weekends. I can understand how a lot of people are probably burned out though. Going through bc/wrath/cata's worth of raids, it does tend to get repetitive. so right now, I'm entertaining myself with hunting down rare hunter pets, dailies, and doing the 2 hours worth of lfr just to see if I get anything.

I am not surprised really.

* The raids lack any real story behind them. Fighting "Random Pandarian Enemy #36" doesn't have nearly the pull of fighting agents of the Lich King, Ragnaros or Deathwing. Though those themes are hardly new or original, they at least have a sense of threat and therefore you feel some element of heroism when you defeat them. The problem with Pandaria is it is detached from the majority of Azeroth. Even themes that came out of nowhere like Ulduar felt more like a worthy threat to deal with. After saving the world from literal destruction at the hands of Deathwing, going back to dealing with local problems that in the greater scheme of things are completely small-time feels almost demeaning. There simply is no sense of genuine urgency or doom in this expansion.

* Gearing up for raids is straight up a chore. I don't think much else needs to be said on this. The daily system in place is one of the most stupid setups I have seen in WoW to date.

* The lv 90 raids themselves are nothing to write home about. The mechanics lack anything amazingly unique or interesting to try and solve and combined with the weak story, the whole process of raiding right now feels like a resounding "meh".

* With the above factors in mind, it really seems at the moment the journey is more enjoyable than the destination, at least from the PvE side of things. I am having far more fun leveling up my alts and trying the new changes then subjecting myself to moronic post-lv 90 grind for a bunch of factions, most of which I couldn't care less about. Until they put in a system of gearing up for raids that doesn't feel like a second job, let alone a raid with a story and enemy I actually care about, I couldn't find honest interest in attempting them if my life depended on it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Interesting stats. I can say for myself that the idea of playing on a fixed schedule 3 nights per week is no longer particularly appealing.
    To me it's exactly the opposite. The only thing that's appealing about WoW to me is to raid with a group of people who are likeminded. I wouldn't be playing WoW if I couldn't do that anymore. If I want to just do something to pass the time then there are much better games out there.

I don't see how raiding is a massive time consumption and leveling/dailies/heroics isn't. Or for that matter posting on MMO-Champion.

I now raid 9 hours a week. I wouldn't want to raid more. I got plenty of time for other things and if I didn't raid I would be doing some other useless activity like playing BF3 all alone or watching television.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    In a way absolutely this....
    I cannot talk about the other millions..... For myself, I grown out of the raiding chore. yes chore.. Raiding to me is the biggest repetitive grind in the game. It yields epics. shiny gear.... sure it does.. And once I got it all, I am going to throw it away again, cause new, better gear comes around....

Might as well just tie me to a chariot and hold a carrot in front of my face so I can start running to catch it.
    That's about as stupid I felt after some years of raiding. It's outright idiotic to me personally to sink all that time into it, when at the end of the day I got barely anything left from it.
    Once in a while the feel comes up... Then I get this inner tickle, a slight approach of an urge to go now and do it.
    At the same moment however, all the negative side effects come to mind, and I am cured faster than I could type "I go, invite"......

Raiding was the biggest part that drove me to the edge of burned out from the game. Since I stopped committing to it, I'm fine again.
    Your kidding right? transmog gear sir you can always keep your epics for looks why do people keep forgeting that it's not a total waste of time then.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    I am not surprised really.

* The raids lack any real story behind them. Fighting "Random Pandarian Enemy #36" doesn't have nearly the pull of fighting agents of the Lich King, Ragnaros or Deathwing. Though those themes are hardly new or original, they at least have a sense of threat and therefore you feel some element of heroism when you defeat them. The problem with Pandaria is it is detached from the majority of Azeroth. Even themes that came out of nowhere like Ulduar felt more like a worthy threat to deal with. After saving the world from literal destruction at the hands of Deathwing, going back to dealing with local problems that in the greater scheme of things are completely small-time feels almost demeaning. There simply is no sense of genuine urgency or doom in this expansion.
    I don't play WoW for the story really so can't really comment on this. But from what I have seen I think there is plenty of story behind it.
    * Gearing up for raids is straight up a chore. I don't think much else needs to be said on this. The daily system in place is one of the most stupid setups I have seen in WoW to date.
    When was it not a chore? It has been the same game for years. Dailies or heroics, a chore is a chore.
    * The lv 90 raids themselves are nothing to write home about. The mechanics lack anything amazingly unique or interesting to try and solve and combined with the weak story, the whole process of raiding right now feels like a resounding "meh".
    Like ICC or DS were amazingly unique or interesting.
    * With the above factors in mind, it really seems at the moment the journey is more enjoyable than the destination, at least from the PvE side of things. I am having far more fun leveling up my alts and trying the new changes then subjecting myself to moronic post-lv 90 grind for a bunch of factions, most of which I couldn't care less about. Until they put in a system of gearing up for raids that doesn't feel like a second job, let alone a raid with a story and enemy I actually care about, I couldn't find honest interest in attempting them if my life depended on it right now.
    Like farming heroics over and over? That was great! /sarcasm
    I was geared for LFR within a week or even a few days. Could have started raiding normal with the same gear.

And please tell me what is so unique or interesting about leveling now? It's almost the same as the years before except for the amount of cinematics. I liked it but it's not much different from any other expansion.

Sorry but it just looks like you are bored of WoW. If you play one expansion you have seen the game basically. The game is not going to change massively with a new expansion.

And on topic. There were not more people raiding in previous expansions. It's funny, some random person makes a thread and says there are so little people raiding (after not even a month of release, lol) and suddenly all the doomsayers pop up with their opinions. "Raiding sucks!" Hmm oke.

As someone who has been raiding since Vanilla I am still enjoying raiding. MV for me felt fresh, there were new mechanics to the fights whereas some are saying it's completely re-hashed content I would have to disagree. Don't get me wrong yeah there are adds, yeah there is a boss you have to kill but it's rarely as simple as that.

For them saying, "Well I can do LFR in 1/10th of the effort and job done" eh yes and no. Don't get me wrong I see why it's seen that way to many, you get to see the raid environment and kill the boss, but (and honestly without bringing up omg casuals suck, they don't and that isn't my view) I simply can't look at LFR the same as Heroic. The feeling when you kill a LFR 'boss' which essentially is a rag-doll waiting to give you gold even if you fail to almost every 'mechanic' (Saw someone get hit by every anihilate on Spirit Kings, stood in a void zone the whole time and got hit by pillage... was there a problem killing the boss? No, did the guy die, no. The point, LFR and even normal mode raiding has a sense of achievement so regardless of if you see the content that's not why we (raiders) still do it... we do it because we want to achieve something as a group of friends. Seeing ourselves top 10 on a very populated server is always nice.

Basically, I don't see it as a waste of time just because I can down LFR in 1/100th of the time it takes for a HC kill. Just cause it takes longer doesn't mean it makes it pointless, for those who have the will and drive to still raid I think the satisfaction/good feeling you get when everyone's crying YES after killing a tough boss IS the whole point. The fact you used so much time on something and finally get it down is what it's still all about (For us at least).

Sadly I do see how tempting it can be to drop raiding and see shit in LFR, even if it's not the same experience, being GM / RL (and preparedness that comes with it) / raiding / all the other crap (dailies etc - which has died down since they're all finished) / few challenge modes for VP (85 vp / challenge mode = much less farming). Yeah... cutting all that out for LFR seems nice, but in reality I'd get bored having little to do (only so long achieves/pet battles / alts could tide me over), there needs to be a point, a goal, imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    To me it's exactly the opposite. The only thing that's appealing about WoW to me is to raid with a group of people who are likeminded. I wouldn't be playing WoW if I couldn't do that anymore. If I want to just do something to pass the time then there are much better games out there.

I don't see how raiding is a massive time consumption and leveling/dailies/heroics isn't. Or for that matter posting on MMO-Champion.

I now raid 9 hours a week. I wouldn't want to raid more. I got plenty of time for other things and if I didn't raid I would be doing some other useless activity like playing BF3 all alone or watching television.
    The problem is that raiding will commence troughout the addon where leveling /heroes are a one time activitiy, after two months of raiding you already spend more time in raids than with leveling/heroics and the disparity grows even larger as time between addons is 10+ months

10+ Year Old Account
    From hardcore raiding in Cataclysm and completing the heroic raids at current content with minmal or no nerf, in MoP I'm done with raiding, the raids are no fun and made for kids tbh, I'm not saying that Cata's raids were a rose but these one are just boring, don't see myself raiding at all in this expac and seeing that as well in a lot of old ex raiders too. But casuals seem to be raiding more now, clearly content is easier than last expac. Needless to say I'll not raid at all even tho I only PVE'd the previous expac.