Poll: Still Playing?

Thread: Unsubbed?

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm thinking of unsubbing, the dailies are absolute ridiculous, if any blizzard played wow and done these dailies for weeks, or months then they would realise what a mistake they have made, the fact that they feel they need to bulk out endgame solo gameplay is soooo bad.

It effectively forces players who want, I.e. cloud serpents, amber scorpion or any gear needed to progress to raiding level to do dailies, these players have no other option at all, atleast give rep for dungeons...

You may say you can gear up without factions, but I've been grinding dungeons now on my boomkin for 3 weeks of all my spare time and I've not even reached a gear level of 460!!

Furthermore I don't have 2 hours a day to spend doing dailies, I want to enjoy the content not the bulk
    Last edited by mmocb813d6b095; 2012-11-01 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    From the people I have spoken to over the last 6 years that quit, as GM of a friendly casual raiding guild I was always told why people were quitting in detail.

Besides, I never claimed to "know" anything, I never stated anything as fact, hence the term "I can confidently say..." and not "I know...". What I can say for sure is my statement is true for 100% of the people I know that have quit over the past 6 years, including myself. Realistically somewhere in the region of 50+ people. It's also pretty obvious from the floods of forum posts both here and on the official forums that the majority of people who quit out of choice (and not because of funds, education, whatever...) do so because of changes to the game that they don't like. If it's not obvious why people then go on to voice their opinions then... *shrug*
    "I can confidently say" and "I know" are really the same thing. You should say something more like "I believe".
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post

It effectively forces players who want, I.e. cloud serpents, amber scorpion or any gear needed to progress to raiding level to do dailies, these players have no other option at all, atleast give rep for dungeons...
    It effectively forces players that want unique mounts to work their ass of for them.

Yes, and? I'd reword what you wrote, since it makes you sound ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    "I can confidently say" and "I know" are really the same thing. You should say something more like "I believe".
    FACT: Being confident about something and knowing something are NOT the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking of unsubbing, the dailies are absolute ridiculous, if any blizzard played wow and done these dailies for weeks, or months then they would realise what a mistake they have made, the fact that they feel they need to bulk out endgame solo gameplay is soooo bad.

You may say you can gear up without factions, but I've been grinding dungeons now on my boomkin for 3 weeks of all my spare time and I've not even reached a gear level of 460!!

Furthermore I don't have 2 hours a day to spend doing dailies, I want to enjoy the content not the bulk
    What is this weeks or months your talking about?

Are all casuals ranting about dailies really so pathetic at managing how to do what in the game?- maybe it's influenced by 5 factions or h/e many there is, so it's to much for you to handle!?
    Grouping with 3-4 friends, you can effectively clear all the dailies at every faction in 1-1½ hour, in total time it would take you 1-2 weeks to reach exalted if it's the fluff / vanity items you want.., put that into some perspective, MoP have been out for a month and will be here for a full year at least.

Why is it you get so worked up about having to spend a total of max 2 weeks to get items you want?- that form of self-indulgent entitlement is what is breaking the game to begin with, it's what have lead the game down the path of que-systems to the point where everything is more or less automated and there's nothing to work towards, everything must be instant gratification and several times per day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see all the famous video game experts are in this forum!

I have unsubbed. Glad I did. Love the free time.
    Last edited by Selvari7; 2012-11-01 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Sunwell, server first Mu'ru here. Netherwing, ogrilla and skettis all offered cosmetic rewards. Gear in BC came from reps you got in the dungeons ( a dozen of them !!) and the badges you got from killing bosses in the dungeons.

Also, you play a game...the word veteran should not be used in the context of a game. Let's leave it to show respect to the real vets. You are just someone with an addiction and your addiction has reached a level where the dealer can cut on the good stuff because they know you will need your buzz no matter what they do.
    Because playing for a long time means you're addicted Something called moderation.
    Also you learn to look past the bad stuff, 90% of the game is good imo. All i see are people complaining about the regular pvp imbalance and dailies.

If stuff like that makes you quit you'll be quitting many mmo's.

(The word veteran has more than 1 meaning.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've downed mogushan, never done a single daily, my gear is atm, good. What's your point? It's like complaining, fuck, I have to do the prequests in Vanilla and TBC before I could do the raid on my main or alt. yes they were long. So stop talking nonesening bullshit as it is really not required. I haven't done a single daily, I still stand strong and say I wont.
    I havent downed MSV but the only dailies I ever do are the tillers and thats cause I make an easy 10k a week from it. I hae a 475 ilvl from not doing dailies... So I dont know what these people are bitching about.

You are very unlucky then. I hate dailies...but I don't spend anywhere close to 2 hours on them....granted I have only been doing Golden lotus.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    What is this weeks or months your talking about?
    Grouping with 3-4 friends, you can effectively clear all the dailies at every faction in 1-1½ hour, in total time it would take you 1-2 weeks to reach exalted if
    Okay, this wasn't directed to me or anything but I wanted to comment on this.
    There are a few assumptions here which for example in my case, wouldn't work:
    1. grouping up with friends. For me this is not possible cause by the time I log on they have done them. major reason for it is not being sure IF I will logon. Because of not knowing when I am online or for how long, I do these alone.
    2. 1-1.5 hours. This assumption was made based on grouping, well I don't group. So this time will be longer? Then there is the assumption that I can logon each and everyday for at least this amount of time. I can't. Sometimes I am there for 1 hour or more... other times less. So the duration is not a certainty.
    3. 1-2 weeks to exalted. here the asumption is that I log on every day. Well I can't log on every day. Some weeks it will be twice, other weeks maybe 3 times or 4 and some weeks I can't logon at all. So 1-2 weeks is an impossibility for me.

I think (am not sure) that there are more players like me out there.
    So there are different perspectives on the game, it seems to me not everyone is seeing that.
    A player who can play every day, will have a different opinion on this as a player who play 2-3 days a week.
    A player who logs on every day, can progress on a daily basis while a player like me loved the way of cata: I could do my weekly hc runs on a saturday or sunday. Now I have to log on every day or I loose that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    1. grouping up with friends. For me this is not possible cause by the time I log on they have done them. major reason for it is not being sure IF I will logon. Because of not knowing when I am online or for how long, I do these alone.
    Out of interest how many times have you asked in the general chat or trade for someone to accompany you for GL dailies to get them done quicker. I mean, your points are bang on, there are LOTS of people in your boat. So try asking for help, on my server, which in the scale of things is a pretty shitty backwater affair (although admittedly its med population not low), it takes about 20 seconds before you get 4 people to group with who also want to do the dailies but it just takes too damn long solo.

Just advice. I know it can't help with the "can't log on every day" aspect.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I've downed mogushan, never done a single daily, my gear is atm, good. What's your point? It's like complaining, fuck, I have to do the prequests in Vanilla and TBC before I could do the raid on my main or alt. yes they were long. So stop talking nonesening bullshit as it is really not required. I haven't done a single daily, I still stand strong and say I wont.
    HEAR HEAR, can someone get this man a microphone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    FACT: Being confident about something and knowing something are NOT the same thing.
    They aren't the exact same...my bad...but they do indicate a certain amount of expertise on the subject. Rectangles and squares.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Yea I find it much more entertaining, that's a testament to how shitty dailies are especially these. People asked for something to get them back out into the world, well okay let's say I accept that. Were they calling for dailies specifically? Dailies don't guarantee or promote world pvp either btw I don't bug them and they don't bug me more or less because well they just want to get it over with I assume. They aren't optional and certainly don't feel optional for many. Just because you think they are and feel they are doesn't invalidate the opinion of those who do feel they are. In other words Blizzard should make systems that don't have such huge carrots behind them so people feel forced. Unless their goal is to make people feel compelled to do them, which I think is safe to say the goal behind dailies was. Dailes are also quite possible the least creative and uninspired solution they could have come with. They couldn't even be arsed to steal one of their competitors systems let alone innovate something new.

I think you choosing to pick me out of this conversation and then berating me as you do so is sad because you can't tolerate or respect the opinion of another person. Especially when responding to me is truly optional.

It's just funny, you find my commentary so disgusting yet here you are still talking to me. Whining about my criticism is something you find fun apparently. Well that and daily quests. Maybe not otherwise you'd be doing them instead of talking to me here on this forum.
    Let's be honest here, you want to complain. If you are doing something you don't like and then spend more time afterwards complaining about it then you ever did doing it, you just like complaining.

Daily's accomplishes both goals Blizzard set on request of the community. Tell me how you would have brought people out into the world and given a good scene for open world pvp? It guarantees it if somebody want's it because there are a lot of targets. So it sure as hell stimulates it for those who want it.

Whether or not they are optional isn't about a "feeling", it is a fact. I don't "feel" they are optional. They are optional, as in you don't have to do them to raid. In my raid group 3 people did them extensively and we cleared the first instance easy peasy with us in dungeon and crafted gear. And thus, all by our self, proved that they are optional.

Of course they have to have big carrots, that's how you get people to do anything in a mmo. If the rewards aren't good people simply wont do it.

It's laughable that people manage to complain about daily's, to easy lfr, to easy dungeons. All of this are optional, if you don't like daily's don't do them. If you find lfr to easy do real raids. If you don't have time to do real raids why complain? If you want to do harder dungeons do challenge modes. Blizzard have gone so far in trying to appeal to all sides that there is a option for anyone at this point. And still people complain about one of these options, like they have to do them. It is laughable and sad.

I picked you because when I looked over a few random sides in this thread you are on each and every page. You complain about daily's being boring while you spent all your time on this site complaining about them, that is too funny.

You are flat out lying to try and make argument, proving over and over again that you don't really have one. You just want to complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    In short, this is not the real numbers, probably far from it as many services haven't been taken into consideration, but make outcomes hasn't. Just think of this, driving a company is not only seeing what comes in, you have so much going out.
    I realise your figures were random made up numbers but instead of guessing read their annual report for 2011 and see just how much profit the company made as a whole, as well as Operating Segment Results.

In their Consolidated Statements of Operations Data it shows ActivisionBlizzard, at year end 2011, made $1,085 million NET INCOME. The company, as a whole, Total costs and expenses for the year were $3,427 million and of that only $545 million was on sales and marketing for all of their products. (Page 6, 2011 Annual report)

Blizzard's net revenue for the year 2011 was $1,243 million, a loss of $413 million on 2010 (Page 7, 2011 Annual report)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Instant gratification crowd = loved Wotlk face roll heroics + rep tabards to mindlessly dungeon grind their way to exaulted to buy up every perk.

MoP, yet very inferior to TBC brought back some of the "you work for it to earn it" feel. Raids still are terrible though.

Just my 2 cents.
    I hope you're not talking about the LFR tool.. those are face roll. the regular versions of the raids are indeed good. least to me.

Made by Visenna, TY<3

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmai View Post
    I realise your figures were random made up numbers but instead of guessing read their annual report for 2011 and see just how much profit the company made as a whole, as well as Operating Segment Results.

In their Consolidated Statements of Operations Data it shows ActivisionBlizzard, at year end 2011, made $1,085 million NET INCOME. The company, as a whole, Total costs and expenses for the year were $3,427 million and of that only $545 million was on sales and marketing for all of their products. (Page 6, 2011 Annual report)

Blizzard's net revenue for the year 2011 was $1,243 million, a loss of $413 million on 2010 (Page 7, 2011 Annual report)
    That's for all of ActivisionBlizzard though, not just for Blizzard or even WoW but includes everything under the ActivisionBlizzard umbrella.

I am unsubbed, but it has nothing to do with "OMG PANDAZ RUINED THIS GAME I AM QUITING 4 EVAR!!111" or anything. My guild (which I have been with since BC) server/faction changed near the end of Cataclysm, and I wasn't crazy about going with them. Considering that and the fact I've been playing WoW since vanilla and was getting burned out anyway, I decided it was a good time for a break. I canceled my subscription at the end of September but hadn't been playing actively for a couple of months before that.

I still talk to my friends/guildies regularly and have been told that MoP is good. I'll probably give it a shot at some point.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-11-01 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    That's for all of ActivisionBlizzard though, not just for Blizzard or even WoW but includes everything under the ActivisionBlizzard umbrella.
    Apart from the bit that says "Blizzard's Net Revenue"

Forbes had an article, not that long ago which says
    World of Warcraft (WoW) has helped ATVI maintain its stock price, with this one single game providing roughly 30% of the revenue for the entire company via its expansion packs and monthly payments.
    Google Activision's achilles heel and you will find it (sorry can't post links)
    Last edited by mmocbcf5f8495c; 2012-11-01 at 02:56 PM. Reason: added quote

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    They aren't the exact same...my bad...but they do indicate a certain amount of expertise on the subject. Rectangles and squares.
    Exactly... so I chose the correct wording.

I'm glad you agree.

Sorry you felt you had to waste your time responding.

Twice.