Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Glyph of Lakestrider bug?

Have I missed something or is this indeed a bug? If I directly cast something in Ghostwolf form (without switching to normal form first) while using Glyph of the Lakestrider I get interrupted while automatically switching out of Ghostwolf.

Deleted
    Unfortunately the glyph doesn't actually work that way, it simply gives you water walking while you're in ghost wolf form. If you come out of ghost wolf, water walking is gone. I assume this is the intended way for it to work anyway since the glyph specifies it's applied while in ghost wolf form and not simply when you enter it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayriael View Post
    Unfortunately the glyph doesn't actually work that way, it simply gives you water walking while you're in ghost wolf form. If you come out of ghost wolf, water walking is gone. I assume this is the intended way for it to work anyway since the glyph specifies it's applied while in ghost wolf form and not simply when you enter it.
    Don't think you read what he said. When he shifts automatically out of GW when starting a cast, shifting out interrupts the cast.

Anyway, I would guess that you're correct: it is indeed a bug. I'm sure it's because upon shifting out of GW, the programming forces it to remove the WW buff, which is incorrectly interrupting your cast.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Deleted
    That's not my issue. My issue is that I get interrupted while I freaking cast something in Ghost Wolf form. You know, when you normally cast something as a Ghost Wolf, you automatically switch out of it, obviously. Now when you use the glyph and start casting, you get interrupted when you automatically switch out of Ghost Wolf.

It's just pretty annoying to not be able to use that glyph atm, now that I've grown to be used to it...

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Don't think you read what he said. When he shifts automatically out of GW when starting a cast, shifting out interrupts the cast.

Anyway, I would guess that you're correct: it is indeed a bug. I'm sure it's because upon shifting out of GW, the programming forces it to remove the WW buff, which is incorrectly interrupting your cast.
    Exactly. It hasn't happened in the first ~2 weeks of MoP and it also worked in 5.0 (pre patch), but now that I have taken a short break and logged on after ~2 weeks of not playing it doesn't work anymore. Will porbably get hotfixed soon enough though.^^
    Last edited by mmoc7168d263de; 2012-11-01 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry, for some reason I thought you meant while standing on water and so the fall would interrupt it. Just ignore me, I'm being an idiot

I imagine Eruionmel is correct, since water walking is being removed it's interrupting your cast. I imagine, unless they change how it works, as long as the glyph removes water walking when exiting ghost wolf it's going to stay this way unfortunately.

Edit: You mentioned it's only a recent thing for you, that might imply it's a bug. It's always happened for me though so in that case it would sound more like a bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this issue last night while doing archeology, I like to survey in GW. Anyways when I would get a artifact I would loot it and be interrupted and knocked out of GW. I would loot it for second time, out of GW, and I was fine. I choke it up to Server lag last night.

Oh, and here I was thinking it was some new add on I got. It's been happening since last night as well for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    happening to me as well as another shaman i was talking to. didn't realize it was coming from lakestrider. thanks for this thread

This glyph was obviously way too strong, so it had to be hotfix nerfed.

Blizz can't have shamans running around with such OP minor glyphs, thing of the consequences in PvP!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    This glyph was obviously way too strong, so it had to be hotfix nerfed.

Blizz can't have shamans running around with such OP minor glyphs, thing of the consequences in PvP!!!
    What exactly was so op about it? It was simply saving you from using an additional global in extremely uncommon situations except from say BGs (even if I do BGs for some hours I usually end up benefiting at most in 1/3 of the games ONCE in said games). Furthermore, it didn't last any longer than the normal Waterwalking buff would last (until the next incoming attack).

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaa now i get why my mount was being interrupted yesterday.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

This was happening to me, I didn't know that it was the glyph. I can't confirm this, but I replaced the lakestrider glyph for a certain fight and I think it was still happening. I can't absolutely remember if it was happening without the glyph

Deleted
    It's because you are standing on water. When you go to cast you come out of Ghost Wolf form and lose the Water Walking buff and so fall from the surface into the water. As this is technically moving your cast is interrupted. Intended

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    It's because you are standing on water. When you go to cast you come out of Ghost Wolf form and lose the Water Walking buff and so fall from the surface into the water. As this is technically moving your cast is interrupted. Intended
    No, this is not the case. Read the posts better. It interrupts /anything/ that you cast and which breaks GW, regardless of where you are. I had it while Mining and someone else doing Archeo... ON DRY LAND

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocsCall View Post
    This was happening to me, I didn't know that it was the glyph. I can't confirm this, but I replaced the lakestrider glyph for a certain fight and I think it was still happening. I can't absolutely remember if it was happening without the glyph
    Well for me it at least stopped happening when I removed the glyph. Perhaps we'll see if this was intended in the near future. But I doubt it and still believe it's a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    No, you are incorrect.

wondered where this camoe from. thanks. removed the glyph and the issue is gone. I hope they fix it soon. it's not that I don't have any other interesting glyph to use in the meantime... oh wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    Its also been happening to me on the Azure Water Strider on my alts- When i dismount it to herb/mine/whatever, the cast gets interupted about .2 seconds in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Same issue here, it just started happening a day or two ago, there must have been some screw up in a recent hotfix.

Same problem here. Looks like Wow thinks you're moving, because it doesn't interrupt LB with the Unleashed Lightning glyph.