Poll: Still Playing?

Thread: Unsubbed?

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Meh people have unrealistic expectations from blizzard. They have never been in a greater production time with d3 expansions, starcraft expansions, project *m'fing possibly badass new software 240 bit game" titan, wow expansions and patches and possibly a movie with wow's 10 million subs as its main source of profit. But like honestly though they keep making so much repetative content they should just invest in new modes and features each patches, i mean there are some that doesn't require a new software or new game physics to add out there. They just haave to get off their lazy thinking and get creative like honestly solve a problem lol.

Also multi lingual voice actors may be a pain in the ass to schedule too so that may be a delay aswell lol
    They are stretched far to thin but I don't think it's unrealistic to expect more out of them. Their big solution to getting people out into the world and keeping them entertained was.... DAILY QUESTS. Think about that for a minute. How utterly uninspired. How utterly boring. How utterly bland. Either they don't have the resources to do more or I have to ask are they bored of making this game?

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post
    Let's be honest here, you want to complain. If you are doing something you don't like and then spend more time afterwards complaining about it then you ever did doing it, you just like complaining.

Daily's accomplishes both goals Blizzard set on request of the community. Tell me how you would have brought people out into the world and given a good scene for open world pvp? It guarantees it if somebody want's it because there are a lot of targets. So it sure as hell stimulates it for those who want it.

Whether or not they are optional isn't about a "feeling", it is a fact. I don't "feel" they are optional. They are optional, as in you don't have to do them to raid. In my raid group 3 people did them extensively and we cleared the first instance easy peasy with us in dungeon and crafted gear. And thus, all by our self, proved that they are optional.

Of course they have to have big carrots, that's how you get people to do anything in a mmo. If the rewards aren't good people simply wont do it.

It's laughable that people manage to complain about daily's, to easy lfr, to easy dungeons. All of this are optional, if you don't like daily's don't do them. If you find lfr to easy do real raids. If you don't have time to do real raids why complain? If you want to do harder dungeons do challenge modes. Blizzard have gone so far in trying to appeal to all sides that there is a option for anyone at this point. And still people complain about one of these options, like they have to do them. It is laughable and sad.

I picked you because when I looked over a few random sides in this thread you are on each and every page. You complain about daily's being boring while you spent all your time on this site complaining about them, that is too funny.

You are flat out lying to try and make argument, proving over and over again that you don't really have one. You just want to complain.
    Why is that funny? It should tell you that dailies are so boring that really complaining about them is more interesting than actually doing them. Especially this incarnation of dailies which is really just an extension of the questing experience from 85-90. They offer NOTHING NEW. No they haven't gone far enough to appeal to all sides. It's easy. Take the rep requirement off the valor gear, it is not needed in any sense. Stupid people can't see the forest for the fucking trees. The only thing laughable and fucking sad is how you can't see anything passed whatever Ghostcrawler and co tell you to see and think.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeagle View Post
    I'm always one for bashing people that say things like this, but I do not mean it in that way this time. I am just wondering, with MoP, they increased the effort you needed to put in to get gear, but did not make it required to do. You don't HAVE to do your dailies.
    Second, you can't really say that the won't increase the pace that they release end game content when you quit 2 weeks in. I'd say it has picked up quite a bit! (5.1 was on the PTR around the time raids were even being released)
    As far as the dailies do go however, what dailies are you doing that it is taking up ALL of your time? Because I would like to hit those up aswell. I am exalted with the tillers and the Cloud serpents, and I am about to hit revered with the golden lotus after stopping for a while. The klaxxi ones are just a joke. I can spend less then an hour and finish up every single one of these dailies without breaking a sweat.
    Nobody was required to do heroic dungeons in cataclysm as well. But you all did it anyway and complained about how hard it was so much so that dungeons this time around are easier than ever before. Nobody was actually required to use the DS buff but how many of you actually turned it off? Saying people don't have to do dailies is basically saying you don't need valor gear. Well I didn't need valor gear in cataclysm either, and really you've never needed it. Progression raider or not. Nobody needs it but that isn't the point. In a game where one of the primary sources of enjoyment is character progression putting such huge rewards behind such content compels people to do that content. As soon as I stopped doing dailies I realized how little I had to do pve wise to progress my character. In fact that's what alot of this stems from. A non daily pve way to progress characters outside of the raid, which we had for years.

Fewer people have done raiding this expansion then ever before, it's another thread on these forums you can go look it up. My suspicion is their is a corellation between the slower grind for gear outside of the raid and this. I can't prove it but I suspect that because gearing up outside of the raid is such a pain and because LFR is so frustratingly dependent on RNG that people haven't got their appetites properly whetted for gear. If you don't do dailies the valor in those raids is also useless so the advantage to do them is basically just what drops off the boss. It's likely not one thing that's stopping people from raiding this time around but my suspicion is the slower grind outside of the raid isn't helping this at all. The lack of any PVE progression past 463 without dailies and without the raid is a big problem for a community that's been so used to doing just that for the past couple years. Essentially their enthusiasm for running the gear treadmill this time around is dulled because it's just so slow and it's just such a grind.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-01 at 08:22 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Record time for me. Not even two weeks into the expansion. Dailies fucking suck.

Then don't do them. There aren't any dailies that are required at all. This isn't like the past expansions when you needed rep to get the best head and shoulder enchants. Now factions offer so so gear and mounts, neither are needed. The only ppl that might feel like they have to do them are ppl chasing down rep based patterns.

Ppl getting pissed at dailies are the same as somebody yelling at a knife because they keep cutting themselves with it. Stop the madness and don't do the things you don't like to do, problem solved.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Still subbed and loving it. Way better expansion than the last two!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Then don't do them. There aren't any dailies that are required at all. This isn't like the past expansions when you needed rep to get the best head and shoulder enchants. Now factions offer so so gear and mounts, neither are needed. The only ppl that might feel like they have to do them are ppl chasing down rep based patterns.

Ppl getting pissed at dailies are the same as somebody yelling at a knife because they keep cutting themselves with it. Stop the madness and don't do the things you don't like to do, problem solved.
    I did and quickly found that outside out of a raid group I had nothing to do to pve wise to progress my guy after item lvl 463. Telling people to not do things and not spend time on the content Blizzard worked so hard on will eventually lead to them not doing it and getting bored. The answer is to make content that doesn't suck. I mean if I told you in cataclysm you didn't have to do the heroic dungeons and you could sit it out what would you have said to me?
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I unsubbed before the end of Cata. Had no intention to play MoP (after seeing how bad Cata was after T11), but was hoping that being in a new guild would convince me to play on. They were jerks, so sucks to be them
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

I did and quickly found that outside out of a raid group I had nothing to do to pve wise to progress my guy after item lvl 463.
    You mean, aside from buying crafted gear, queuing for holiday bosses, and CP gear from PvP?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean, aside from buying crafted gear, queuing for holiday bosses, and CP gear from PvP?
    Yes because I already made all the crafted gear I could within reason (short of waiting for clowns on my server to get actual recipes from the raids and then farming the gold likely from dailies again and then being beholden to a blacksmith with motes holding me by the nutsack), holiday bosses are also likewise extremely finite and hey look at that not there all the time and CP isn't PVE. I have zero aptitude or skill for PVP.

In other words the one option I had in the past that fit so well and the play style I enjoyed so much is gone for absolutely NO reason. If they removed the reputation requirement from the valor gear I could stay in dungeons and gear my guy up and not ever have to see a single daily. If I chose to that is. That is choice btw. The choice to never have to do something and never lose out on character progression for doing it. I don't do pet battles because they have nothing remotely progression oriented behind them and I never feel like I lost out. Just like dailies have historically been for more or less their entire existence.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-01 at 08:41 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

That can be interpreted in so many ways. Having nothing to do means what? Literally nothing to do? Or does it me nothing rewarding enough to do? I'll quote a guy on the official forums because he's made the most fucking sense out of anyone I've read

That's what's up with MoP and that's why people were bored in Cataclysm. Nothing to do with the reward sytsem. Nothing to do with how good or bad it was. Everything to do with their inability and refusal to release content at a better rate and by extension of this reinvest money back into world of warcraft as opposed to one of the other 3 or 4 other projects they have going on. Christ we went 9 months without any solid content. OF COURSE people are bored and of course they unsubbed. The solution to this isn't to make it grindier and slower and more painful. The solution is produce more content.

My thing is, ICC was worse. That was what, 11 months (close to a year by a few days iirc) of the SAME content. Yet, no one brings that up anymore. It's like WOTLK was awesome, when they did the same crap. Instead of grinding dailies, you grinded heroics and 10/25 man raids for gear and for emblems. They already have the PTR's out for 5.1. The expansion has been out a little over a month and they already have the PTR servers up, that's the fastest they've ever done it. As for coming out with endgame content, we don't even have all of the raids out yet! What are you complaining for? Did you want every single raid out at launch? I'm pretty sure if they did that (like they did for Cata) people would be complaining that they're "overwhelmed" and "not sure how they are going to get through all the content in a timely manner." In fact, that's what happened in the first tier of content in Cata, they were going to push Firelands out faster and people moaned and complained that "they weren't done progressing yet, and they wanted more time to complete things." So guess what, Blizzard pushed it back, and then people bitch about it again for them "taking too long to release end game content."

You will never be happy with what they do. People will always complain about something, it's either the content is too slow or it's so fast to people they don't feel like they've accomplished anything. You can't have it both ways and one group is always going to be unhappy. You've solved your problem by unsubbing from a product that you don't like. You're done, it's over with, let it die in your mind.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    My thing is, ICC was worse. That was what, 11 months (close to a year by a few days iirc) of the SAME content. Yet, no one brings that up anymore. It's like WOTLK was awesome, when they did the same crap. Instead of grinding dailies, you grinded heroics and 10/25 man raids for gear and for emblems. They already have the PTR's out for 5.1. The expansion has been out a little over a month and they already have the PTR servers up, that's the fastest they've ever done it. As for coming out with endgame content, we don't even have all of the raids out yet! What are you complaining for? Did you want every single raid out at launch? I'm pretty sure if they did that (like they did for Cata) people would be complaining that they're "overwhelmed" and "not sure how they are going to get through all the content in a timely manner." In fact, that's what happened in the first tier of content in Cata, they were going to push Firelands out faster and people moaned and complained that "they weren't done progressing yet, and they wanted more time to complete things." So guess what, Blizzard pushed it back, and then people bitch about it again for them "taking too long to release end game content."

You will never be happy with what they do. People will always complain about something, it's either the content is too slow or it's so fast to people they don't feel like they've accomplished anything. You can't have it both ways and one group is always going to be unhappy. You've solved your problem by unsubbing from a product that you don't like. You're done, it's over with, let it die in your mind.
    Did nobody touch Halion? Apparently not. In any event it wasn't 11 months of just ICC, Halion did come but let's take your point on face value. I subbed throughout the entire period because the gear wheel was so smooth I could do it on any number of toons and not feel burdened or hindered and enjoy different play styles at different degrees of activity. That is rewarding gameplay perhaps too rewarding you could argue but certainly much preferred than this incarnation of the game.

I personally would be very happy with two very simple solutions. Return the daily dungeon bonus to 7 a week style it had in cataclysm. Remove the rep requirement from valor gear. I will gladly accept a slower pace if I never have to touch a single daily again.
    The hammer comes down:

They are stretched far to thin but I don't think it's unrealistic to expect more out of them. Their big solution to getting people out into the world and keeping them entertained was.... DAILY QUESTS. Think about that for a minute. How utterly uninspired. How utterly boring. How utterly bland. Either they don't have the resources to do more or I have to ask are they bored of making this game?[COLOR="red"]
    Well thats just my speciality. I suggest new modes of getting people out in the open world all the time weather ingame suggestion tab, forum or mmo-champion. It always ends up with people saying "this would be great additions to blizzards new mmo" which is well.... disapointing cause that means theyd be selling the game out. I honestly think that new features and modes specifically in the open world that would get the people playing would work better than trying to feed an addiction which everyone is tired off. I dont want new 1 gb of daily quest the fuck is wrong with you (not you, i mean blizz), I want to do new things and go in an adventure. Shit add jousting on flying mounts and physics for pushing people off cliffs, shit id be doing those for hours lol, well jousting might be op though, maybe mount combat or something. Idk just freaking add something, ive suggested shit loads in the past and im afraid no one even listens so I dont bother anymore theres no point in polishing ideas or making them more presentable no one cares, they just care about some stupid bullshit i dont even pay attention to anymore, people will always have major issues. They will cry and want change but they dont do what it takes to accomplish it, they prefer to cling to some bullshit rather than let go and grasp a greater idea. Get with it or sink with it.
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2012-11-01 at 09:01 PM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Well thats just my speciality. I suggest new modes of getting people out in the open world all the time weather ingame suggestion tab, forum or mmo-champion. It always ends up with people saying "this would be great additions to blizzards new mmo" which is well.... disapointing cause that means theyd be selling the game out. I honestly think that new features and modes specifically in the open world that would get the people playing would work better than trying to feed an addiction which everyone is tired off. I dont want new 1 gb of daily quest the fuck is wrong with you (not you, i mean blizz), I want to do new things and go in an adventure. Shit add jousting on flying mounts and physics for pushing people off cliffs, shit id be doing those for hours lol, well jousting might be op though, maybe mount combat or something. Idk just freaking add something, ive suggested shit loads in the past and im afraid no one even listens so I dont bother anymore theres no point in polishing ideas or making them more presentable no one cares, they just care about some stupid bullshit i dont even pay attention to anymore, people will always have major issues. They will cry and want change but they dont do what it takes to accomplish it, they prefer to cling to some bullshit rather than let go and grasp a greater idea. Get with it or sink with it.
    Dude they could have literally just ripped off one of their competitors ideas, peed in the formula a bit and said their we go head out into the world. They could have stoles rifts thing or gw2s thing. They didn't even NEED to innovate but they couldn't even be arsed to polished someone elses turd this time. It's such lazy solution. It's like a bunch of the devs sat around a desk one day and look at each and GC said "so dailies this expansion? all agreed" and they all nodded their heads and nobody gave it a single though. Lots of the rest of MoP is really well thought out and really well done and really inspired. Just not this. It's laziest solution to the problem they could have come up with.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    hey make ~150,000,000 a month (off of wow minus the insignificant numbers they pay employs) and pump out the most unbalanced rushed content out of any game.
    You and anyone that thinks Blizzard actually makes $150M a month is a little naive when it comes to understanding how businesses and ESPECIALLY global companies are run. First off many people pay by larger increments than 1 month so your figure is just flat wrong even if you did have a clue. Second there are these things called shareholders, parent companies and overhead far above simple dev team wages and rent e.g. aging servers, support staff. So they don't just have that money floating around. The amount of subs actually effects the amount of money the parent company/investors/shareholders are willing to invest.. They have to sell faith to the investors so the money actually gives them enough to earn more money.

Also some regions operate differently than Western Europe and US/Oceanic.I know in some area's they don't pay for XPacs they come free like patches. I think even some Asian region only have cash shop options or have lower sub but more shop options. One thing to note: Playing F2P games /w a cash shop ALWAYS turns out to be more than $14 a month

2-3 months for new dungeons and raids. That's just my ballpark figure. It would require a significant reinvestment on their part but it could be done I feel. They can hire 100+ for Titan after all...
    Jesus you're the most dense, shortsighted and immature person I've seen in a long time and I work with the public daily. For one how do you not realize that a HUGE amount of people still hadn't beaten DS by the beginning of MoP that were still raiding steadily (I'm not counting LFR). You seem to forget that most people aren't as experienced as some of us are. If Blizzard released content every 2-3 months at the VERY LEAST 75% of the population would be skipping the end of EVERY tier just to start a new one (on normal) which is BAD design.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Actually agree with you for once, Blizzard are really, really slow when it comes to making new content, especially considering how big of a company they are, when smaller MMO's like SWTOR push out a lot more in less time with far less subscribers.
    Umm Blizzard has an EXTREMELY small Dev team and Bioware doesn't. Bioware had more people on SWOTOR than Blizzard has in their entire company back before they found out everyone hated their game and they should have left it the single player game it was intended to be. Also speed of content means fuck all if the content sucks as much as Rift/SWTOR do.
    Last edited by Dyrtnap; 2012-11-02 at 01:02 AM.

ATM im subbed i had 45days worth of wow saved up and decided to get MOP and use them.

Getting tired of daylis to tell the truth i don't see me resubbing.

"And what i mean by 45days saved up i resubbed near the end of cata only played 15days worth and knew i wasn't going to for awhile. So i asked blizzard to hold the rest of the days for me. you can ether call them or send in a ticket asking for them to do that and they will 9 out of 10 times.*

Edit: to add to make up for the daily grind i personally feel LFR should have 2 lockouts a week but thats me. Even more so with the new loot system.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-02 at 01:14 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the poll, I guess i'm in the majority. I enjoy the state of the game currently, I do not see myself unsubbing. I was one of those that couldn't stand Cata, and barely played from March - until launch.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    poll is useless without armory..most trolls will just say they unsubbed, we need proof
    Armory will remain for so many days/weeks. My armory is still up, but all my accounts are mothballed. Last activity was 9/14, when I had literally enough of CRZ to quit.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Btw, when u cancel remember to tell blizz why u cancel, coz anything u tell on these forums dont make any fucking difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Btw, when u cancel remember to tell blizz why u cancel, coz anything u tell on these forums dont make any fucking difference.
    Oh, I did for all three accounts. They don't even give you a text box to type your comments in (like ingame), just a single line box for 255 characters. One good thing about the cancel page: multiple choice for reasons for quitting, too!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    people say wrath made rep grinds easy with tabards, what about BC, where you could grind rep in dungeons anyway...

all wrath did was make it so you could grind a single rep in ALL dungeons...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

... and pump out the most unbalanced rushed content out of any game.
    You're lucky you got out early and saved yourself the 40 bucks. I bet wow subs will bomb pretty soon, just like at the end of cata unless GC gets fired soon.
    I got axe for you?

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 02:54 AM ----------

Did nobody touch Halion?
    Nope. I think I've heard Halion mentioned more times in post-mortem threads talking about the gap between ICC and Cataclysm than I ever saw him mentioned in game when the content was live lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I got axe for you?
    Let's just put it this way: Ghostcrawler is turning into Aeralik 2.0 (the EQ2 class lead that was fired and now working with RIFT).