Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    People wanted a bc grind, here it is. I don't like working, but i love money. I don't like dailies, but i love the rewards.
    Likely the same people who insisted that dungeons can and should be hard. Apparently Blizzard is FORCED to listen to them.

In any event alot of this stems from the desire for a PvE way for players to progress outside of a raid that isn't dailies. They've had that for years and don't really have it in this expansion so they're naturally frustrated. The simplest solution is to simply remove the rep requirement from the gear. The valor cap will still act as a gate and dailies will still be rewarding as hell with all that gold coins valor mounts tabards pets and profession recipes. Or keep telling them they don't need to do content and we'll you'll have another cata on your hands soon enough.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the only thing I really hate about dalies atm. Before i could pick the ones i needed and ignore he others...now Golden lotus is required for shadow pan and AS to even start them. Rep factions to unlock more rep factions feels like pushing a rock up a hill while listening to a lullaby...sooo tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    You could ask for that, which have no logic at all. Some people even did asked for LFR to drop blues and even not drop anything at all.

The difference is that Blizzard has not taken similar actions to what you ask in the past, but they did took actions that seem to contradict how the daily system is working.

Lets take the word mandatory away since you guys dont seem to understand what we want to say with the word and take the word literally.

The thing is: Blizzard has taken off the game things that gave advantages to raiders but required huge grinds to do so (25 man raids doing 10 mans in Wrath, head enchants in Wrath/Cata). The dailies system give raiders a bigger advantage and asks a bigger grind than those taken off the game before. It doesn't make any sense.
    10-man raiding was required in Wrath because the instances did not drop the same loot and you could run into situations where a piece that only dropped in the 10-man was a BiS for a class. Trinkets were most often the problem here, and just about every class fell victim to this. That, combined with it being an excellent source of emblems at a time when there was not cap, were why it was considered required by everyone, including Blizzard, and thus why it was removed.

The dailies system is not the limiting factor (unless you never ever do them). The valor cap is far more limiting, especially now that half the gear only requires honored. Even doing dailies extremely causally, you will unlock gear far faster than you could earn valor. The concept is only contradictory if you look at it from the perspective of Valor gear being a primary source of gear progression as it was in Wrath and Cata. That is no longer the intention. If you are raiding, Blizzard intends for your gear to come from that activity and at most use the few pieces of valor gear you could earn enough valor to buy as filler pieces until you get a raid drop. IMO, they should have treated valor gear like they did justice gear and made it half a tier lower in iLvl so that people would understand this idea more clearly instead of thinking it is supposed to work like Wrath and Cata did.

If you are not raiding at all, then there is no driving need to get all that gear as fast as possible. Even still, the fastest you will be able to acquire it will be approximately one piece every two weeks. You can reach revered with any faction in the game within 2 weeks of dailies, especially with some of the rep boost items that exist. Honored takes even less and provides you with half the gear.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2012-11-01 at 08:21 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    this is not true. firelands dailes were optional content. mop dailes are not. or maybe you think of everything as optional content. bgs are then optional as well as raids.
    Thats the thing, EVERYTHING IS OPTIONAL. You don't have to raid, you don't have too BG, blizzard does not have a gun too your head saying you have to raid you have to do daillies. Shut the fuck up and don't do the daillies if you don't like them, the people who do the daillies for 30-40 minutes a day and don't mind them are tired of hearing your constant complaining. Blizzard was right to remove the tabard rep, reps were not rewarding in cata, they were stupidly easy. Now to say you are exalted with a rep comes with a sense of pride that you actually put some fucking time into it. Please just cancel your sub so we don't have to hear your goddamn whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    The dailies system is not the limiting factor (unless you never ever do them). The valor cap is far more limiting, especially now that half the gear only requires honored.
    I agree. The gear has no business having a reputation requirement at all. The valor cap is far more gating. A very simple solution would be to remove the reputation requirement entirely.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I agree. The gear has no business having a reputation requirement at all. The valor cap is far more gating. A very simple solution would be to just do the dailies.

Fixed that for you.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Honestly, I'd be okay with shared rep among alts. If you share achievements now, why not rep as well? They are your alts after all. Keep the amount of dailies as is. Add a tabard system for those that want it. Poof. problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    No thanks. It didn't need fixing. I don't understand the reason that their is such resistance to this suggestion. It harms NO ONE as far as I can tell.
    The hammer comes down:

I agree. The gear has no business having a reputation requirement at all. The valor cap is far more gating. A very simple solution would be to remove the reputation requirement entirely.
    Except that Blizzard doesn't want people just sitting in the cities all the time like we did in Cata. Yes, it is a giant control mechanism to get players to act the way that Blizzard wants them to. But every single video game ever made is nothing more than that if you break them down to basics. Every piece of gear requires an activity to get, and with any activity there are going to be some people who hate it. Their dislike of the activity should not mean that the rewards associated with it be available without participating in that activity. Nobody would argue that someone who refuses to raid be able to get the exact same gear that drop from raids. Nobody would expect dungeon drops be available to them without ever having run a dungeon. Yet dailies are different? Why? Because now there are rewards you want locked behind something you don't want to do. All that other stuff that is functionally the same is fine, but this is a problem.

Its not as if they even require any sort of serious time commitment. Lets say you do the GL and Klaxxi dailies to start out. You alternate between the two factions each day, and take every third day off. If you completed the quests in The Dread Wastes to unlock all the Klaxxi dailies, then you are already honored with them. Revered will take, at most, 13 sets of dailies. While you are doing that, GL dailies start off at friendly because of the intro quests. Do the GL dailies that are available and you will reach honored after 5 sets at most. Then another hub opens up so you are getting more rep per set. Honored to Revered with GL takes 8 sets of dailies max. Total of 13 sets of dailies, approximately the same as the Klaxxi (Crazy its like Blizzard planned it that way or something). Doing this on the schedule I mentioned earlier, you have unlocked all the gear available from 2 of the 4 valor factions in a little more than a month of VERY casual work on the dailies. And in that time, assuming you valor cap every week, you have the potential to earn 6000 valor, which is less than the cost of available pieces on those 2 vendors. You could space it out even more and it would not matter. Because of the caps in place you will not be able to earn valor faster than you could unlock gear to purchase.

Dailies are the required activity to access this gear. Just like raiding is the required activity to access raid-dropped gear, and dungeons are required to access dungeon dropped gear. WoW has worked this way since it launched. The only reason people complain now is because suddenly there is a reward that they want access to that requires them to do something they don't want to do.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2012-11-01 at 08:52 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Except that Blizzard doesn't want people just sitting in the cities all the time like we did in Cata. Yes, it is a giant control mechanism to get players to act the way that Blizzard wants them to. .
    I'm glad you acknowledge it's a giant skinner box. Yes wow has always more or less been that but this change really removes the illusion that it was ever anything more. Of course people feel compelled to do it. Never the less my suggestion doesn't make dailies all that less rewarding. They still have charms, valor, gold, pets, mounts, tabards, and profession recipes behind them. People would still be heavily incentivized to do them. Telling people not to do dailies is telling them not to expect anyway to progress their character in a pve setting outside of a raid this expansion. At least for any reasonable length of time. That's mostly what this stems from. They want a method to gear their characters outside of the raid that isn't relatively to painful, isn't dailies, and isn't pvp. It's funny but I would much rather have hard dungeons than this crap.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. It didn't need fixing. I don't understand the reason that their is such resistance to this suggestion. It harms NO ONE as far as I can tell.
    Well It does kinda. As all it does is bring back the problem of no one wanting to go into the world as they can afk in s/w and get what they need from dungeons.

Look if you did 1 factions a day you would still not be able to get valor fast enough to spend it.

Is it really that hard to do about 5-10 quests a day?

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 04:56 PM ----------

I'm glad you acknowledge it's a giant skinner box. Yes wow has always more or less been that but this change really removes the illusion that it was ever anything more. Of course people feel compelled to do it. Never the less my suggestion doesn't make dailies all that less rewarding. They still have charms, valor, gold, pets, mounts, tabards, and profession recipes behind them. People would still be heavily incentivized to do them. Telling people not to do dailies is telling them not to expect anyway to progress their character in a pve setting outside of a raid this expansion. At least for any reasonable length of time. That's mostly what this stems from. They want a method to gear their characters outside of the raid that isn't relatively to painful, isn't dailies, and isn't pvp. It's funny but I would much rather have hard dungeons than this crap.
    If you don't raid what is the rush for that gear?

Don't say because you earned it because you don't earn it until you do what is required to get the gear.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well It does kinda. As all it does is bring back the problem of no one wanting to go into the world as they can afk in s/w and get what they need from dungeons.

Look if you did 1 factions a day you would still not be able to get valor fast enough to spend it.

Is it really that hard to do about 5-10 quests a day?
    Not really. Look even without the gear dailies still grant you charms, gold, mounts, pets, tabards, recipes, and valor. Still more rewarding than they've ever been. I don't share in Blizzards insistance that queing in sw/org is such a bad thing and even if I did Dailies are about the least creative way you could think to address that problem. People should want to get to out into the world not be prodded with the gear stick. However that isn't going to happen because what you are saying is the only reason anybody does anything is because they fell COMPELLED by the gear to do it. Well that's a much bigger problem for Blizzard than being people burnt out by dailies and is actually the root cause of it. World of Warcraft isn't Skyrim and they ought not to feel any compulsion to make it so. Hell even when I'm out in the world doing dailies I simply just fly to A or B kill the mobs and then return the quest. Avoid world pvp, don't pick up mats, don't stop and smell the roses. I simple want to get the process over with as soon as possible. I may as well be instanced at that point.

If the rep grind is so easy and so casual then it really may as well not even exist. Personally for me I had my fill of questing from 85-90
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-01 at 09:00 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    So what do we do with the professions that are not gated?
    Which profs aren't gated?

If you say alchemy, I'll laugh at you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Look even without the gear dailies still grant you charms, gold, mounts, pets, tabards, recipes, and valor. Still more rewarding than they've ever been. I don't share in Blizzards insistance that queing in sw/org is such a bad thing and even if I did Dailies are about the least creative way you could think to address that problem. People should want to get to out into the world not be prodded with the gear stick. However that isn't going to happen because what you are saying is the only reason anybody does anything is because they fell COMPELLED by the gear to do it. Well that's a much bigger problem for Blizzard than being people burnt out by dailies and is actually the root cause of it. World of Warcraft isn't Skyrim and they ought not to feel any compulsion to make it so. Hell even when I'm out in the world doing dailies I simply just fly to A or B kill the mobs and then return the quest. Avoid world pvp, don't pick up mats, don't stop and smell the roses. I simple want to get the process over with as soon as possible. I may as well be instanced at that point.

If the rep grind is so easy and so casual then it really may as well not even exist. Personally for me I had my fill of questing from 85-90

Ok so answer me one question. What would you do to get people out in the world?

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Which profs aren't gated?

If you say alchemy, I'll laugh at you.

Inscription?

10+ Year Old Account
    Inscription?
    Aren't they gated through daily cooldowns on scrolls and the random element of card creation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so answer me one question. What would you do to get people out in the world?[COLOR="red"]
    Well you could add the Rift system to the game. Pandaria is actually a perfect avenue for that. The panda at the start literally tells you this land reacts to your negative vodoo stop being so douchy horde and alliance. Or something to that effect. Well that's a perfect lore avenue for random shit to happen. I think your less likely to have people complain about something like that then dailies. Even if you wanted to go the dailies route AT LEAST put some fucking thought into it. Make the quests more varied. As it is now they have no variation from the 85-90 questing experience. It's the same kill 10 collect 10 bullshit. At least spice it up a little bit.

Failing that I don't know Blizzard innovate something for once? Christ what am I thinking... I honestly don't mean to be negative but the dailies are just so fail. Even if you like doing them aren't they a tad stale by now? I'm not even talking about for repetitions sake. Aren't the mechanics really worn out? Like the best quest I did in pandaria was that orc chick who sniped the monkeys. It was different and changed it up. Why can't dailies have shit like that? Even just one or two.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-01 at 09:11 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you could add the Rift system to the game. Pandaria is actually a perfect avenue for that. The panda at the start literally tells you this land reacts to your negative vodoo stop being so douchy horde and alliance. Or something to that effect. Well that's a perfect lore avenue for random shit to happen. I think your less likely to have people complain about something like that then dailies. Even if you wanted to go the dailies route AT LEAST put some fucking thought into it. Make the quests more varied. As it is now they have no variation from the 85-90 questing experience. It's the same kill 10 collect 10 bullshit. At least spice it up a little bit.

Failing that I don't know Blizzard innovate something for once? Christ what am I thinking...
    Are you talking about instant adventures? the opnly reason people do them in rift is because they award a currency you can use to get raid gear.

Aside from that there is no other reason to go in the world for rift.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Aren't they gated through daily cooldowns on scrolls and the random element of card creation?

If you are talking about mat all professions are gated. I thought you were talking about things being behind rep for crafting.

I agree with DanTheMan.
    I too would like to see the faction tabards return to the game as I personally don't enjoy daily quests but still want to reap the benefits of being exalted with the new factions.
    Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind. They are, in all fairness, subjective.
    I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning and adapting. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking about instant adventures? the opnly reason people do them in rift is because they award a currency you can use to get raid gear.

Aside from that there is no other reason to go in the world for rift.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 05:11 PM ----------

If you are talking about mat all professions are gated. I thought you were talking about things being behind rep for crafting.
    I played it for a limited amount but when I was on my trial all sorts of shit would spawn up in the world and it would alert you on the map. Either a rift event or sometimes NPCS would be fighting. In any event if they grant currency for raiding that's fine. I'm not asking that dailies have valor removed from them. Only that the reputation requirement for the valor gear be gone. Dailies can still award all the other good stuff they do and will still be rewarding as hell. I would still be heavily rewarded for doing them but the pressure that is felt to do them would be far less and most of this complaining would stop and as far as I can tell it would harm no one.

The only true way to get people out into a world is to do something like Skyrim. Where exploration and immersion occur at high levels and the entire sand box experience is there. WoW probably isn't gonna do that at any point ever but by the same token simply throwing some rewards on daily quests which are literally just extensions of the 85-90 lvling process and not varied from that at all is extremely lazy. Mists had alot of inspired work that went into it. The panda models themselves are amazing. I look forward to the redesign on the other models if they are that high quality as well. I'm just shocked and dismayed they put so little thought into this whole daily quest system at the end game.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    I played it for a limited amount but when I was on my trial all sorts of shit would spawn up in the world and it would alert you on the map. Either a rift event or sometimes NPCS would be fighting. In any event if they grant currency for raiding that's fine. I'm not asking that dailies have valor removed from them. Only that the reputation requirement for the valor gear be gone. Dailies can still award all the other good stuff they do and will still be rewarding as hell. I would still be heavily rewarded for doing them but the pressure that is felt to do them would be far less and most of this complaining would stop and as far as I can tell it would harm no one.
    Sure rifts spawn all over. But they are more annoying than anything. While leveling they can really mess things up.

I made it to level 50 in rift. When you hit cap it's the same as WoW was. Sit in town and que for dungeons for gear.

Part of the reason I'm still playing wow and not rift.

The only true way to get people out into a world is to do something like Skyrim. Where exploration and immersion occur at high levels and the entire sand box experience is there. WoW probably isn't gonna do that at any point ever but by the same token simply throwing some rewards on daily quests which are literally just extensions of the 85-90 lvling process and not varied from that at all is extremely lazy.
    You may think it is lazy. But I think it is working. I see people almost everywhere I go.