Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Perfect MMORPG?

hi everyone, i am new to the forum and i will hopefully be on here for a while. i have been playing mmorpgs for the past 3 years, and i love them. just the way people work together in raids and intense pvp and leveling to me feels so satisfying. the only problem is that i can never seem to get into 1 particular mmo. i have never hit the max level on any mmo, and ive only stuck with them for 3 months at most. i can never seem to find the perfect mmorpg. i want a game with lots of raids, pvp, mounts, good leveling system, balanced classes, open world and friendly community.

he is some of the games ive played:

Dekaron
    4Story

Shayia
    LOTRO
    Perfect World
    Grand Fantasia
    Flyff
    League of Legends
    Last Chaos
    WoW (i really wish my pc could run it good along with alot of these games)
    Dragons Nest
    Fiesta Online
    Allods Online
    Wonderking
    Maplestory
    Eden Eternal
    DDO

Thats just to name a few off the top of my head. some of these i really didnt enjoy, some i loved, which are bolded. please give me suggestions on what i should play.

Thanks!,
    chill

Seeing as your PC has problems running WoW... I take it you're looking only for F2P games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes sir

Good
    Free
    MMO

Pick 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    what are you talking about?

He means that free and good don't usually go together lol, which is pretty true, most F2P MMOs are pretty shit... other than DDO or LOTRO, they're all just pay2win

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    All MMOs will have good and bad things happening in them. If there ever were to be such a thing as "perfection" it would completely shut down the market of MMO gaming. Taking good concepts from each style of MMO and creating a new one with all the good things happening, well... if it was done, maybe there could be a "perfect" game. Doubtful, just find something you enjoy and buy a new computer so you can continue enjoying it XD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call League of Legends a MMORPG, maybe a MOBA-RPG
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

You can always go give EQ1 a shot, or EQ2, they are both F2p now. EQ1 is so old now it should run on about anything. It has changed alot since 1999 but still has some amazingness to it. There are more like perfect moments in MMOs rather than a perfect mmo. EQ1/Asherons call in 1999 complete amazement of exploration unlike now adays. EQ2 RoK tiered raiding and Veeshans Peak. WoW for me was ICC raiding just felt amazing with its lore and what not. Guild Wars PVP. Rifts ridiculous class combos. The list goes on what each mmo has that was cool or is cool. Your situation though try to find something you like that can at least run at 30fps. If your toaster cant even run wow on the lowest settings you might want to do some upgrading or find an older game that plays well.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Play GW2. its far from perfect really but its better than any MMO out there right now. Though that's kind of a low bar. FFXIV version please don't hate us is coming out soon next year and I really do think this one will be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Play GW2. its far from perfect really but its better than any MMO out there right now. Though that's kind of a low bar. FFXIV version please don't hate us is coming out soon next year and I really do think this one will be good.
    If he struggles with WoW, GW2 is not going to run well. It's not f2p either.

Seeing as you could probably run WoW on most modern smart phones, toasters, coffee makers and so on I'd say you need a new comp more than a new game to be fair.

Everquest I is still up and running. You might really want to look at it, as this is the game which influenced WoW in many ways.

Also question, you have problems running WoW, but no problems running Allods Online? I don't know, maybe gpotatoes made some optimizations (I played on original country servers), but I remember capital cities were just lagfests and slide-shows (especially near auctioneers). Perhaps you could play with your WoW setttings, there are a lot of things you can change in config.wtf, which can't be changed in in-game options, and it can greatly boost performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    If he struggles with WoW, GW2 is not going to run well. It's not f2p either.
    GW2 is not f2p? Did I miss some news?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    GW2 is not f2p? Did I miss some news?
    It's B2P, F2P means you don't pay anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    It's B2P, F2P means you don't pay anything.
    No need to buy anything if you dont want. I.e im a bad customer since i have not bought any gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamaeli View Post
    No need to buy anything if you dont want. I.e im a bad customer since i have not bought any gems.
    You still have to buy the box, hence B2P, a F2P game is something you can download and start playing without spending a single cent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Seeing as your PC has problems running WoW... I take it you're looking only for F2P games?
    so your pc is from 20th century?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamaeli View Post
    so your pc is from 20th century?
    my pc is from the 20th century.
    I just finished a raid earlier today.

Deleted
    Hi mate, since you seem to have some difficulties running more newer MMORPGs, why not try classic ones like Ragnarok Online? They have many local servers available to various countries. I heard the international one have an ongoing event right now.