View Poll Results: New faction?

Voters
244. This poll is closed
  • I would like a new Faction, and i like your idea about Old Horde.

20 8.20%
  • I would like a new Faction, but i dont like your idea.

52 21.31%
  • Your idea is great but cannot be implemented!

39 15.98%
  • I dont want a new faction.

133 54.51%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

The 5th Expansion. New Faction.

Hello there.
    Ladies and gentlemen we pretty much notice the Horde is broken in 2 parts, those that hate Garrosh and those that likes very much what hes doing.
    I count myself as one that likes Garrosh, cant say i hate other Horde leaders, but i dislike them (i hate alliance leaders very much if you want a term of comparison) all except Lor'themar and Baine. So i dislike the people that dislike Garrosh aswell (ingame wise ofc), i would confront them in the arena/battleground anytime and see them as alliance in my eyes.

I also noticed the next expansion could be about Burning Legion... so it seems the opportune moment for a new faction to rise. That faction could be related to Old Horde (The True Horde). I already thought of some story about this new faction: So Horde and Alliance defeats Garrosh, he then spits on the Horde because the faction betrayed him, and starts to build a new faction.
    The skull of Gul'dan is lost after Illidan's death, and it happens to get in the hands of some "mad" warlocks. We know that a glimpse of Gul'dan soul is still there.
    So the warlocks ressurect him. Gul'dan found out (before he died) that he was manipulated by Burning Legion and was killed because of this, so Gul'dan will seek Vengeance on Kil'jaedan and his army. The new Horde want him dead for his past crimes, the alliance agree aswell. So he becomes part of this old Horde as Garrosh knows a powerful dude when he sees him.

Ner'zhul is still out there, though Ner'zhul and Gul'dan arent exactly friends (they were once) they share one thing in common. Ner'zhul aswell would want Kil'jaedan dead for what he has done to him.

Also all these characters have good reasons to hate the Horde and Alliance aswell.

Amani Trolls hate Horde aswell. In the honor of Zul'jin they'll rally amongst Old Horde ranks.
    Ogre could join aswell.

So suddently we have undead, orcs, amani trolls, ogres. More racesa coudl join as Blizzard is inventive.
    I for one would reroll immediately, and we would destroy Horde Alliance and Burning Legion.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with me? If not do you agree with a new faction? Share your ideas, it would be nice.
    Last edited by mmoc68976ba3b0; 2012-11-02 at 04:29 AM.

Will be? I'm sorry but have I missed Blizzard's announcement of the next expansion being Burning Legion? Please put in your sources or be claimed a liar.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Will be? I'm sorry but have I missed Blizzard's announcement of the next expansion being Burning Legion? Please put in your sources or be claimed a liar.
    Modified with "could be".

I'm somewhat alright with the idea, though I doubt it would be implemented.

Side note--No, Ner'zhul isn't out there. His body was destroyed when Arthas became the Lich King, and Arthas eventually even cast out his spirit as well--it's written in the Arthas novel. Not positive about Gul'dan, though I have a feeling that at the very least the Skull isn't "missing" -- Everyone who was present at the time of his death knew that it was an incredibly powerful and dangerous Warlock artifact, so it's very unlikely they would just leave it or let it be taken.

It's not a 100% guarantee, but Blizzard did state that Turalyon and Alleria will be making a return in the next expansion. As their last known location was the fragments of Outland, it makes sense. Also, there's all the Wrathion stuff, particularly his intro where he speaks about the coming war and how the Horde and Alliance must stand united, etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

/10char

I don't see it happening, but i wish it would. Just way too much for blizzard to deal with imo.

In the Frozen Throne, you find out that Gul'dan went in search of the Tomb of Sargeras, found it, raised it from the sea, and then got torn apart by demons when he opened it. So Gul'dan is dead...like really really dead, demons ate him.

I've been thinking along these kind of lines a while now. In the sense that the horde is splintering. Maybe this new warchief thing will push the certain leaders over the edge to indeed split off and form their own factions or go rogue.
    To put it into the game however would be hard because they risk annoying too many of their subscribers if one day they can log on and raid with friends and then the next, their races are no longer allied so they cant >.>

The Lore inconsistencies are glaring and outrageous.
    What makes you think the Forsaken would ever side with Garrosh and company over the Tauren, Blood Elves and Darkspear? They might not be fans of humanity today but they remember their history and detest the Orcs of the second war, they joined *Thralls* Horde because Thrall proved himself different from typical Orcs, typical Orcs like Garrosh.
    The Amani are sided with the Zandalari now, they don't give a crap about Orcs, never have, and never will. It was merely a convenience since they have been at war with the High Elves and Humans in the region for centuries.
    Also Nerzhul is the Lich King, he's not "out there" he merged with Arthas and was ultimately defeated.
    Also the power you assume this faction would have is humorous...

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 04:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    In the Frozen Throne, you find out that Gul'dan went in search of the Tomb of Sargeras, found it, raised it from the sea, and then got torn apart by demons when he opened it. So Gul'dan is dead...like really really dead, demons ate him.
    and his Skull was Illidan's trinket until we raided BT and a lucky caster looted it off him.

10+ Year Old Account
    First this would be a ton of work for Blizzard to do, and we know how they work. Second this is so outlandish, I commend your "outta the box thinking" if that's a way to even put it, but this would never happen. Plus Garrosh won't be around much longer, and I would love to see him get an Alliance sword sticking in him from Varian, or even Thrall just killing him would be awesome too. Personally I never liked Garrosh, and Gul'dan is a pansy. I think there are some other epic characters that should be making an appearance in the next expansion that have been MIA. Personally.......I would love if Blizzard could do something with Broxigar, not just a sudden resurrection, but I don't know they could figure something out.
    I am Alliance btw, but a fan of all lore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    The Lore inconsistencies are glaring and outrageous.
    What makes you think the Forsaken would ever side with Garrosh and company over the Tauren, Blood Elves and Darkspear? They might not be fans of humanity today but they remember their history and detest the Orcs of the second war, they joined *Thralls* Horde because Thrall proved himself different from typical Orcs, typical Orcs like Garrosh.
    The Amani are sided with the Zandalari now, they don't give a crap about Orcs, never have, and never will. It was merely a convenience since they have been at war with the High Elves and Humans in the region for centuries.
    Also Nerzhul is the Lich King, he's not "out there" he merged with Arthas and was ultimately defeated.
    Also the power you assume this faction would have is humorous...

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 04:35 AM ----------

and his Skull was Illidan's trinket until we raided BT and a lucky caster looted it off him.
    Read my text carefully please.
    Theres nothing about the forsaken, its the scourge that is controlled by Ner'zhul.

Also many say Ner'zhul is completely dead.
    Why then is Fordragon afraid he ll lose control of himself? That helmet (armor aswell) is nothing without Ner'zhul.
    Why then Arthas became aware of himself after he was freed from the Frostmourne and the helmet?

I say Ner'zhul is still alive.

It would be visually too similar to the Horde really.

Plus it wouldn't be possible to add a 3rd faction - where would they quest? The neutral stuff is fine but most zones lv1-86 have Alliance and Horde quest hubs and towns. They'd have to remake the whole of Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Outland and Northrend to squeeze in bases and cities for them.

And then how will battlegrounds work?

No. Not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    Theres nothing about the forsaken, its the scourge that is controlled by Ner'zhul.

Why then is Fordragon afraid he ll lose control of himself? That helmet (armor aswell) is nothing without Ner'zhul.
    Why then Arthas became aware of himself after he was freed from the Frostmourne and the helmet?

"Ner'zhul would rule the Scourge alone until his merger with Arthas Menethil, who later consumed his spirit to rule as the Lich King alone. " http://www.wowpedia.org/Ner%27zhul

Lore says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiar View Post
    It's not a 100% guarantee, but Blizzard did state that Turalyon and Alleria will be making a return in the next expansion.
    Did they state that? Or is it just another "maybe"? Or "soon"? Or are we just wild mass guessing based on that new tooltip on the intro screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Did they state that? Or is it just another "maybe"? Or "soon"? Or are we just wild mass guessing based on that new tooltip on the intro screen?
    Here's the source

You said undead, and since the only undead force existing in any capacity of power is the Forsaken it was assumed... But know your lore. The Scourge has been completely defeated, what little remains is scattered to the wind and commanded by Bolvar. The Argent Crusade and more importantly KNights of the Ebon Blade are locking down any potential resurgence.

Because Frostmourne was shattered and the helm knocked from his head. Bolvar isn't wearing the Lich King's armour, only the helm of the damned which gives him control over the Scourge. Frostmourne was the conduit for Arthas' fall. When he picked it up he lost himself to it.

You say a lot of things, but based on what you've suggested, they are in stark contrast to existing lore and no offense, are absurd as far as a story line goes.

Where is the option for "I don't want a new faction and I don't like your idea"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    You said undead, and since the only undead force existing in any capacity of power is the Forsaken it was assumed... But know your lore. The Scourge has been completely defeated, what little remains is scattered to the wind and commanded by Bolvar. The Argent Crusade and more importantly KNights of the Ebon Blade are locking down any potential resurgence.

Because Frostmourne was shattered and the helm knocked from his head. Bolvar isn't wearing the Lich King's armour, only the helm of the damned which gives him control over the Scourge. Frostmourne was the conduit for Arthas' fall. When he picked it up he lost himself to it.

You say a lot of things, but based on what you've suggested, they are in stark contrast to existing lore and no offense, are absurd as far as a story line goes.
    Arthas lost himself to it due to Ner'zhul and he continued to be lost to it untill both the helm and the frostmourne werent equiped anymore.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 05:01 AM ----------

Where is the option for "I don't want a new faction and I don't like your idea"?
    You have that option of course, hit the "Back" button.

Arthas lost himself to it due to Ner'zhul and he continued to be lost to it untill both the helm and the frostmourne werent equiped anymore.
    That doesn't mean Ner'zhul is out there. Lore clearly states Arthas consumed the soul of Ner'zhul and overcame him. Ner'zhul's soul is no more.