Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    like me and many others i think this could be it. I dont see the naga getting an entire expansion for themselfs tbh, more like part in another expansion, time will tell !
    You are aware Azshara is probably the strongest living creature on Azeroth... right? How do you NOT see her worthy of an expansion?

IIRC, isn't she also immortal? >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    You are aware Azshara is probably the strongest living creature on Azeroth... right? How do you NOT see her worthy of an expansion?

well if the expansion itself is focused on land sure, but underwater... highly doubtful consider the hate for the one in cata :/

well if the expansion itself is focused on land sure, but underwater... highly doubtful consider the hate for the one in cata :/
    There's just as much love for Vash as there is hate.

Most of the complaints were not about the fact it was underwater. It was about game mechanics that became hard due to the water mechanics they used in Vash. It wouldn't be hard to rework them in a new expansion focused on being underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Playable Ogres next Horde Race.
    Oh yes please!

Deleted
    But again, they could do islands or change the mechanics of underwater zones to be less frustrating etc. etc. I don't think one disliked zone is enough to counter the reams of lore and potential for an Azshara expansion. I'm guessing such an xpac would focus more on player controlled boats and ships.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Please, no.

Ethereals are much more horde-like. The Horde would not welcome a race of demons.
    In my idea the playable faction Nathrezim wouldn't be any more demonic then the Draenei are now. For the Horde to reject them because of their association with a race of demons would be the height of hypocrisy, especially considering the fact that half the Horde races also have strong associations with those in service to the Legion or outright severed the Legion themselves in the past.

As for the Ethereals, they are shown to be very capable of putting what's right ahead of what's profitable when the situation presents itself (the Consortium for example turns over the Ata'matal crystal they obtained over to the Naaru free of charge). The Alliance could use a more business-oriented race, and it's very plausible that the right Ethereal faction in the right set of circumstances would side with the Alliance.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    In my idea the playable faction Nathrezim wouldn't be any more demonic then the Draenei are now. For the Horde to reject them because of their association with a race of demons would be the height of hypocrisy, especially considering the fact that half the Horde races also have strong associations with those in service to the Legion or outright severed the Legion themselves in the past.

As for the Ethereals, they are shown to be very capable of putting what's right ahead of what's profitable when the situation presents itself (the Consortium for example turns over the Ata'matal crystal they obtained over to the Naaru free of charge). The Alliance could use a more business-oriented race, and it's very plausible that the right Ethereal faction in the right set of circumstances would side with the Alliance.
    It's far more likely that the Ethereals would be neutral tbh.

I very much hope that the next expansion will take place on the South Seas islands and the Naga capital city with Queen Azshara as the main villan. Because she is very much comparable to Illidan and Arthas as Warcraft villans. And the South Seas islands contains soooo much rich lore. Especially now that they have laid the fountation for the Zandalar island being possibly devestated by the Cataclysm or invaded by Naga (we don't know) given that the Zandalar has fled to Pandaria, which means it won't be the Troll capital anymore but the ruins of it where we can play around and kill Nagas or whatever and explore the lore of this fallen Troll capital. Pretty much the same goes for Kezan. We also have the headqurters of the Bloodsail Buccaneer and their leader that could serve as secondary villans adding variety like Ulduar did to the Scourge focused WotLK. There is also a bunch of islands central to the Burning Legion lore called the Broken Isles, so that could further build to another Burning Legion expansion. Then for the next expansion after that we could go to Argus and defeat Kil'Jaeden and the Burning Legion (but not Sargeras, as he is far too powerful to meet any time soon, and Kil'Jaeden is the current leader of the Legion so we don't need him to defeat the Legion as we defeated the Scourge).

Some say they will save Argus for last because it is, presumably, the headquarters of the Burning Legion - but I think people confuse saving Argus for last and saving Sargeras for last, which they will most certainly do (unless they keep Sargeras around for Warcraft 4 / World of Warcraft 2 some thousand years later when he has raised some new threat to the universe - I mean, in the end, the conflict between the Orcs & Humans, the Burning Legion, the Naga and the Scourge are all by extension the work of Sargeras, they need some super-villan in the background to create a new snowball so that it can develop into an avalanche of new conflicts, factions and villans). But I think Sargeras will be part of like a final end-game only expansion at a time when World of Warcraft has ceased to be profitable enough to be worth keeping around versus launching a Warcraft 4 / WoW 2. And that raid is more logically to take place on a final showdown on Azeroth and/or the Twisting Nether than on Argus. Argus is more likely to have Kil'jaeden, the current leader of the Burning Legion, as it's main villan and end boss like Illidan on Outlands and Arthas in Northrend.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2012-10-30 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No xpac will be based on one idea. Azshara can't carry a whole xpac on her own? That's ok, there will be plenty of other stuff. Mists of Pandaria isn't all Pandaren. There's completely new races each with their own lore, the alliance-horde conflict, Garrosh getting out of control with his attacks, destruction of Theramore (very little in game, but enough to get a book setting up the new xpac), Sha, revamp of Scarlet Monestary and Scholomance.

The only thing that all the xpacs have in common, and the one thread that would anger the long-time, hardcore Warcraft fans if it wasn't there, is that every expansion has at the center of its theme something from the original Warcraft games (WCIII?). The Burning Legion/Portal/Outland, Arthas, Deathwing, and Chen Stormstout. However, they do appear to be running out of the original characters to bring back. Azshara is the leading contendor, she could be an opener for the xpac, or a major raid villain. And with her is guaranteed naga.

But every xpac has shown, no matter what piece of the old content they use to bring back the returning players, they develop lots of new content. There is so much more to Outland/Northrend/Pandaria than we ever saw before. When trying to guess what would come next, I would love to see people find a way to extrapolate a new idea (oracles and Jinyu are both evolved murlocs...) based on old stuff, instead of just stating old stuff that the xpac should be all about.

I'm not creative enough to do that, that's why I come here to read other ideas.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It's far more likely that the Ethereals would be neutral tbh.
    I actually think that's more likely, which I addressed in a previous post. I simply think that if they do join a faction outright, then they could potentially work better for the Alliance then the Horde.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    I very much hope that the next expansion will take place on the South Seas islands and the Naga capital city with Queen Azshara as the main villan. Because she is very much comparable to Illidan and Arthas as Warcraft villans. And the South Seas islands contains soooo much rich lore. Especially now that they have laid the fountation for the Zandalar island being possibly devestated by the Cataclysm or invaded by Naga (we don't know) given that the Zandalar has fled to Pandaria, which means it won't be the Troll capital anymore but the ruins of it where we can play around and kill Nagas or whatever and explore the lore of this fallen Troll capital. Pretty much the same goes for Kezan. We also have the headqurters of the Bloodsail Buccaneer and their leader that could serve as secondary villans adding variety like Ulduar did to the Scourge focused WotLK. There is also a bunch of islands central to the Burning Legion lore called the Broken Isles, so that could further build to another Burning Legion expansion. Then for the next expansion after that we could go to Argus and defeat Kil'Jaeden and the Burning Legion (but not Sargeras, as he is far too powerful to meet any time soon, and Kil'Jaeden is the current leader of the Legion so we don't need him to defeat the Legion as we defeated the Scourge).

Some say they will save Argus for last because it is, presumably, the headquarters of the Burning Legion - but I think people confuse saving Argus for last and saving Sargeras for last, which they will most certainly do (unless they keep Sargeras around for Warcraft 4 / World of Warcraft 2 some thousand years later when he has raised some new threat to the universe - I mean, in the end, the conflict between the Orcs & Humans, the Burning Legion, the Naga and the Scourge are all by extension the work of Sargeras, they need some super-villan in the background to create a new snowball so that it can develop into an avalanche of new conflicts, factions and villans). But I think Sargeras will be part of like a final end-game only expansion at a time when World of Warcraft has ceased to be profitable enough to be worth keeping around versus launching a Warcraft 4 / WoW 2. And that raid is more logically to take place on a final showdown on Azeroth and/or the Twisting Nether than on Argus. Argus is more likely to have Kil'jaeden, the current leader of the Burning Legion, as it's main villan and end boss like Illidan on Outlands and Arthas in Northrend.
    aslong as we dont have to swim too much underwater, did not care much for that either tbh :P

Btw, i dont think going to Argus means we will have to face or even see Sargeras
    Last edited by mmocf83d81c154; 2012-11-01 at 09:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Level stays at 90 but classes branch off...IE paladin to templar that has 40lvls..new passives and some paladin spells changing to templar versions depending on spec...Holy Shock changes into a zen sphere/chi wave variant etc...of course you'd be classified as 90 paladin ? templar but meh....screw class lore

edit: since I know someone will say 40 lvls would be too low....make the exp needed for those 40 lvls the same amount of exp of 1-80 before they lowered the exp at the end of wotlk(i think)..
    Last edited by Slirith; 2012-11-02 at 03:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

Probably not. Old Gods on Azeroth are much more powerful than Azshara. Actually they were the ones that saved Azshara's and her Highborne's ass from the Sundering.

I don't think she is immortal either btw. After all, even gods can be killed.

Onto topic's main discussion: Our next stop is most likely Argus. Blizzard is hinting Burning Legion's return for quite some time, I don't see any reason why shouldn't we take that war to them, instead of waiting them to endanger Azeroth (or Outland) again.

Quote Originally Posted by Monthius View Post
    Probably not. Old Gods on Azeroth are much more powerful than Azshara. Actually they were the ones that saved Azshara's and her Highborne's ass from the Sundering.

I don't think she is immortal either btw. After all, even gods can be killed.

Onto topic's main discussion: Our next stop is most likely Argus. Blizzard is hinting Burning Legion's return for quite some time, I don't see any reason why shouldn't we take that war to them, instead of waiting them to endanger Azeroth (or Outland) again.
    A. The Old Gods are not technically "Living."
    B. The Old Gods CANNOT be killed. If you kill an Old God, Azeroth would die. What we do is destroy and seal away the physical manifestation of the Old God.

Only Y'shaarj was killable, and that was because unlike the other Old Gods, his life was not tied significantly to Azeroth. IIRC, The Titans killed Y'shaarj only because of this reason, otherwise they would have sealed him like the others.

I'd like to see the next expansion tie up the loose ends ON Azeroth before we venture out somewhere else, doesn't even have to take up the whole expansion, could be the first tier. N'zoth needs to be contained, he's the Old God posing the most threat atm, no idea why this wasn't taken care of in Cataclysm. Azshara needs to be dealt with once and for all.

To that end, some of the Dragon Aspects who are now all but powerless, have decided to begin teaching the lesser races how to wield Draconic magic.

New Class - Dragonsworn

Available to all races.

All specilizations would use Mana.

Armor - Mail

Specializations:

Life-Binder (Healing) - Through the teachings of both Alexstrasza and Ysera the mortal races can now learn how to wield Draconic power to heal and support their allies.

Earthshaker (Melee DPS) - Through the teachings of Thrall acting as the Aspect of Earth, and secret training from Wrathion, the mortal races can now learn how to wield the Draconic powers to attack their foes up close.

Spellweaver (Ranged DPS) - Through the teachings of Kalecgos and Nozdormu, the mortal races can now learn how to wield the Draconic powers to attack their foes from afar.

All specializations would receive special quests similar to Monks and Serenity Peak. However most of it would take place through Wyrmrest Temple or other various locations. Regardless of spec through your journeys you would visit each dragon aspect and Wrathion, and they would train you.

Each specialization would have two unique cooldowns, and all Dragonsworn would share one powerful cooldown.

All Dragonsworn would learn Aspect Ascension, transforming them into a Dragonkin (Red Flight for Life-Binder, Black Flight for Earthshaker, and Blue Flight for Spellweaver. Additionally, minor glyphs could be added to alternate to the second color flight of your specialization: Green for Life-Binder or Bronze for Spellweaver, this would not apply to Earthshaker.) and granting them increases in their primary stat.

I believe honestly that the next expansion will feature the Burning Legion, with us heading to Argus and the "Big Bad" will probably be Kil'Jaeden.

As for new races, I think Ethereals could work well as a neutral race, but ogres are a strong contender for an obviously horde-only race. I don't believe they will add a new class, but Demon Hunter will some how be absorbed further into the classes which have received its abilities already (Rogue and Warlock primarily.)

I think if they could come up with a good race to give the Alliance, then ogres could definitely work. If they really wanted to, they could give us two new races and a neutral race, but I highly doubt that they will ever do that. I can't really think of a good race for the Alliance, however. Furbolgs seem great, but I fear that they would make little sense considering my predicted tone for the expansion (especially since they seem more susceptible to fel corruption then normal) and because we just got the Pandaren. Arrakoa seem too... Well, not player race I suppose, but hey, it could happen. I would personally really like this. Alliance-only Ethereals would make little sense in my opinion, but I'm sure they could swing it. I would love High Elves, but Blizz wont do that, which honestly sucks. I feel that playable satyrs would be interesting (obviously with some more supporting lore and serious model overhauls, also women) but probably not for Alliance. Naga will probably never be playable if only because of their body type; less about gear and more about mounting things, unless the playable version was a more humanoid-looking type of naga we haven't seen before, which still possessed its bipedal form.

Chances are the Alliance, if they do indeed add two new races, will once again get a race which was barely mentioned, if at all, while the horde gets a pre-established race. Would make sense, considering its a "sequel" to BC.

..Didn't they mention something about catfolk once?

(Just kidding... Or am I!?)
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Hatewalker, Ultramus, and Beamer are to be bosses in one of the first 5mans of the legion expansion ^.^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucio84 View Post
    Hatewalker, Ultramus, and Beamer are to be bosses in one of the first 5mans of the legion expansion ^.^
    hahaha i see what you did there

Isn't Sargeras already on Azeroth, 'sleeping' in an ancient tomb?

The fifth expansion will obviously be Pistes of Pandaria, where we get to do ski-themed quests in Kun Lai. It will introduce the revolutionary new "hourly quests" system, ensuring that you always have something to do. All reputations will also be expanded, allowing you to continue the grind until you reach Exalter and Exaltest standing.

What I'm actually hoping for is a TBC part II where more floating islands/continents are added to Outland. Adding new continents in new places all the time is splitting up the game world too much, making the game feel more like Worlds of Warcraft.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.